Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 14-10-2017, 10:17 PM
W.I.N.

Purepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have to say that it seems pretty unfair that 50% of the South American group qualify (4/10 plus 1 play off winner) as opposed to only 25% of the European countries.
Old 14-10-2017, 10:24 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purepalace View Post
Have to say that it seems pretty unfair that 50% of the South American group qualify (4/10 plus 1 play off winner) as opposed to only 25% of the European countries.
Not really, they’re all strong sides. Put the worst team Venezuela in Africa, Asia or Concacaf and they’d have a good chance of qualifying. There’s an awful lot of dross in the 55 European nations.
Old 14-10-2017, 11:07 PM
W.I.N.

Purepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
Not really, they’re all strong sides. Put the worst team Venezuela in Africa, Asia or Concacaf and they’d have a good chance of qualifying. There’s an awful lot of dross in the 55 European nations.
Or look at it another way and put Venezuela up against Italy, Portugal or Ireland who have to play off to qualify.
Old 15-10-2017, 12:25 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Or put another way, put Chile or Paraguay up against Italy, Portugal or Ireland.

Chile would be Ireland X2 and have beaten Portugal in a semi recently. Would be close vs Italy.
Old 15-10-2017, 06:51 PM
W.I.N.

I was talking quantity not quality *.

You both must admit that 5 out of the 10 countries that enter qualifying is a bit unfair in comparison? I know there are the Gibraltars and Faroes out there but there's also many big European nations that are missing out and that was my point.
Incidentally, I also think that the San Marinos, Faroes, Gibraltars etc should have their own group(s) prior to the main qualifiers with the winners then joining quite like the early FA Cup rounds.

*writing that reminded me of a TV programme from my distant past called "Never mind the quality, feel the width" which seemed to be popular at least in our house
Old 15-10-2017, 07:05 PM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purepalace View Post
I was talking quantity not quality *.

You both must admit that 5 out of the 10 countries that enter qualifying is a bit unfair in comparison? I know there are the Gibraltars and Faroes out there but there's also many big European nations that are missing out and that was my point.
Incidentally, I also think that the San Marinos, Faroes, Gibraltars etc should have their own group(s) prior to the main qualifiers with the winners then joining quite like the early FA Cup rounds.

*writing that reminded me of a TV programme from my distant past called "Never mind the quality, feel the width" which seemed to be popular at least in our house
I understand your point, it's a tough one for both sides.

Colombia etc have to play up to 8 games more than in Europe, travel generally bigger distances, play in either searing heat or lung gasping altitudes. Colombia have the opportunity to play at 2,600m above sea level in Bogota or in ridiculously humid and hot temperatures in Barranquilla, for example.

When you compare that to Europe where England's toughest test was Slovakia, I know where I'd rather play as an international player.

It's not tough for the top European sides to qualify, if they fail to do so, they only have themselves to blame.
Old 15-10-2017, 08:04 PM
W.I.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neillo's Son View Post
I understand your point, it's a tough one for both sides.

Colombia etc have to play up to 8 games more than in Europe, travel generally bigger distances, play in either searing heat or lung gasping altitudes. Colombia have the opportunity to play at 2,600m above sea level in Bogota or in ridiculously humid and hot temperatures in Barranquilla, for example.

When you compare that to Europe where England's toughest test was Slovakia, I know where I'd rather play as an international player.

It's not tough for the top European sides to qualify, if they fail to do so, they only have themselves to blame
A single team from each group qualifying isn't easy unless of course you are England who had by far the easiest qualifying group, again.

Group A France, Sweden and Holland or B with Portugal, Switzerland and Hungary or Group D Serbia, Wales and Ireland. In fact, every group bar England's or perhaps H is difficult to win. And win they must. Not 3rd or 4th but 1st.