Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 16-11-2016, 02:24 PM

prizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Update:

I uploaded a VHS called "Crystal Palace - The Classic Matches" (found here To view the link you have to Register or Login ) a while ago and it's a great VHS voiced by Brian Moore but maybe i made a mistake uploading it in its entirety.
Games within that VHS tape were the 5-0 vs Man Utd, Don Rogers vs Stoke 73, Possee vs Bristol City 74, 3-0 at the Den 77, Vince vs Brighton 78, Walsh vs Charlton 81, play off home game vs Blackburn 89, 4-3 game vs Wimbledon 90 and finally 1-0 victory vs Liverpool 90/91 season with small tidbits from Allison/Venables etc

Maybe i should have split the tape footage and uploaded the games separately. I subsequently obtained a VHS called "The Big Match - Classics Vol 1" and split the games up.
Games featured on that tape include 25 minutes of the 5-0 game versus Man Utd in 1972 (which i think is the longest amount of footage from that game)

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The tape also included some footage previously uploaded like the Don Rogers masterclass versus stoke BUT the tape did have some previously "lost" footage which came from Shrewsbury in 1975.

League Division Three: Shrewsbury Town 2 -4 Crystal Palace (20th Sept 1975) from Gay Meadow in front of 7,400 people. Swindlehurst, Kemp, Peter Taylor and a forced OG from an Evans header on the score-sheet for Palace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
*prizesucker's suggestion about shallow nets shows he's a true connoisseur of the beautiful game :)
Old 01-12-2016, 11:08 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by prizesucker View Post
Update:

I uploaded a VHS called "Crystal Palace - The Classic Matches" (found here To view the link you have to Register or Login ) a while ago and it's a great VHS voiced by Brian Moore but maybe i made a mistake uploading it in its entirety.
Games within that VHS tape were the 5-0 vs Man Utd, Don Rogers vs Stoke 73, Possee vs Bristol City 74, 3-0 at the Den 77, Vince vs Brighton 78, Walsh vs Charlton 81, play off home game vs Blackburn 89, 4-3 game vs Wimbledon 90 and finally 1-0 victory vs Liverpool 90/91 season with small tidbits from Allison/Venables etc

Maybe i should have split the tape footage and uploaded the games separately. I subsequently obtained a VHS called "The Big Match - Classics Vol 1" and split the games up.
Games featured on that tape include 25 minutes of the 5-0 game versus Man Utd in 1972 (which i think is the longest amount of footage from that game)

The tape also included some footage previously uploaded like the Don Rogers masterclass versus stoke BUT the tape did have some previously "lost" footage which came from Shrewsbury in 1975.

League Division Three: Shrewsbury Town 2 -4 Crystal Palace (20th Sept 1975) from Gay Meadow in front of 7,400 people. Swindlehurst, Kemp, Peter Taylor and a forced OG from an Evans header on the score-sheet for Palace.

41 years ago and I was there oh dear loved seeing it again Holder Kemp happy days
Old 21-12-2016, 02:54 PM
Reformed Alcoholic!!

Location: Just off Pippins Bridge, very near to the town of Biffon!
Glaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlaws Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by prizesucker View Post
Update:

I've just started watching it .... its tear-jerkingly fantastic ... best time to follow Palace ... no f**king premiership or Sky just real football.

.... I've even got a little excitement wee-spot .... not quite submissive urination but ....
Drebin, posing as a locksmith, enters a man's office and is greeted by the resident with . "Who are you and how did you get in here?" to which Drebin replies, "I'm a locksmith ... and I'm a locksmith."
Old 24-04-2017, 12:06 PM

prizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cheated slightly with latest updates but there for the casual observer.

1976 - Leeds with a small clip from Malcolm at the end
Away to Hull and Swindon in 1988 as well as league Cup action versus Hartlepool (1992 and 2004) and Everton in 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
*prizesucker's suggestion about shallow nets shows he's a true connoisseur of the beautiful game :)
Old 04-09-2017, 07:14 AM

Giving the thread a BUMP as i have now uploaded the 2004/05 season review to Youtube.

It is complete (other than YT trimming about 15 seconds of AJ's penalty versus Charlton on the last day but does still show the replay of the goal)

Interviews from Dowie and Aki included

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
Old 06-09-2017, 06:48 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thought there were old highlights on Palace site but cant find them now
Old 16-10-2017, 07:45 AM

Recently discovered a rare souvenir Christmas VHS video produced by the club for 1989/90 season.

Video features goals up to Christmas (including home goal versus Leicester in the Rumbelows Cup (but sadly not the away fixture)) as well as interviews with a lot of first team players including Ian Wright, Mark Bright, John Pemberton, Geoff Thomas as well as Steve Coppell and Ron Noades.

Link has been included to the opening post but i'll add it here as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD