Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 18-10-2017, 07:27 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
Great night for me.Last orders in a bar in Port Pirie,a tiny port in the middle of nowhere in South Australia where I was running the port tugs.Went mental when the score came in and bought the whole pub a drink.Couldnt believe the people thanking me the next day and one even gave a big 'Eagles'!
Went to a club in Bournemouth after the match and shagged a girl on the train on the way home. Vikings no1(on here) was shagging her mate in the next carriage. Top day out
Old 18-10-2017, 08:39 AM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
Was Swansea. An Fa cup replay at their place
It was at Ninian park 2nd replay.

Last edited by burgess hill 84; 18-10-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 18-10-2017, 08:50 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 View Post
It was at Ninian park 2nd replay.
Memory fading
Old 18-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomo12345 View Post
I was reading A-Z football hooligans. Seems like alot of trouble back in the 80's. Was a mention of palace vs Swansea/cardiff ( cant remember which one) when a bloke got stabbed?
Very nasty business. A palace fan attacked a random Swansea fan and fatally stabbed him. Ended up hanging himself in prison, or so I heard.
Old 18-10-2017, 09:43 AM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great reading the old memories about that Bournemouth away trip in the late 80's, Was my first away game. Great day out.
Old 18-10-2017, 01:31 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
Was Swansea. An Fa cup replay at their place

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 18-10-2017, 01:33 PM

elgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
Very nasty business. A palace fan attacked a random Swansea fan and fatally stabbed him. Ended up hanging himself in prison, or so I heard.
I knew his brother,im sure a lot on here did.
Old 18-10-2017, 06:06 PM
Why you being like this

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Mitcham lads
Horrible day. Don't even know why I went, after the home game 'experience.' Will not visit SE25 again. With others as a 'guest' in their antiquated main stand. Constant abuse, intimidating each time we scored. Never been so pleased to lose.
Old 29-03-2018, 03:32 PM
mott eagle

mott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhursthoover View Post
You must of been next to me most of the time!

Remember old Don V Wolves at home when he run off to have a go at the ref. We had been drinking with other early birds in the George since opening time. I was standing next to him, he said "i am going on at the next bad decision". Try to talk him out of it but he was off!

👏👏👏
Old 29-03-2018, 10:11 PM
mott eagle

mott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhursthoover View Post
God yes and his brother.

Rememebr on the train down to a Brighton game with him. Head out the window as we arrived at one of the stations just through a bridge and I heard bang. Some Brighton bloke with a metal bar trying to take my head off just as you came into the station.

To say they did a runner was an understatement as about 50 of us chased them ioto their local when out came the Brighton 'mob' to see how many palace were there then duly departed back inside.

Me still goes
Del H. Occasional
George H. Still goes
Mal Huddersfield not seen for year
Peter hale Died
Big Mick not seen for years
Ray Occasionally still goes
Lee H Still goes
Rodney still banned
Gary F. Not seen for years
Matt B. Still goes
Darren. Occasional
Glen. Occasional

All staunch all active years ago 👏👏👏👏👏 great times
Old 29-03-2018, 10:52 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Saturdays were never the same for me when I finally grew up (many would beg to differ) and the away special ended.

Buying Viz and Eagle Eye for the trip up north along with a game of cards and bottles of coke half filled with any spirit made those away games.

Pity the football had to go and spoil it!
Old 29-03-2018, 11:04 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
The 80s were the golden age for following Palace away , Happy days that can never be replicated unfortunately .
Old 30-03-2018, 08:05 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
The last truly classic away day from that era for me - 1978-90 - ended fittingly with the 4-3 at Villa Park at The Holt End. The Final a few weeks later was all seated and though I didn't realise it at the time those seats were the future for all fans and something had changed irrecoverably.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:37 PM

simlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proud
When did Peter Hale die, saw him in Cardiff for Play Off Final ?
Knew him , Neil and Joseph from yonks ago, same council estate
Old 09-04-2018, 04:42 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
The 80s were the golden age for following Palace away , Happy days that can never be replicated unfortunately .
Indeed mate, I doubt Iíll ever fancy going to the likes of Newport, Carlisle, Wrexham, Grimsby, Rotherham, Barnsley, Oldham, Crewe, Port Vale etc again thatís for sure!!

Those were the days though
Old 10-04-2018, 07:15 PM

twilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Great photos and loved the video on youtube, its like a lifetime in a minutes.

Funniloy enough that's how I think my life has gone, 30 years on and you wonder where the time went.

Lucky, or well planned, to have enough photos to do it.
Old 26-06-2018, 03:42 PM

selhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
Old 27-06-2018, 12:48 AM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by simlaboy View Post
When did Peter Hale die, saw him in Cardiff for Play Off Final ?
Knew him , Neil and Joseph from yonks ago, same council estate
Think it was around ten years ago. Remember when Neil died, he was only about 23. Didn't they live on Kensington Av. I knew all that lot, we used to play football on the green between Westminster and ??? on a Sunday.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:16 PM

simlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proudsimlaboy is south London and proud
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Think it was around ten years ago. Remember when Neil died, he was only about 23. Didn't they live on Kensington Av. I knew all that lot, we used to play football on the green between Westminster and ??? on a Sunday.
Kensington Avenue playing fields, after The Big Match on Sundays, used to be about 20 a side, all sorts of Baileys, Bashfords etc . Absolute carnage
Old 09-07-2018, 01:26 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
[QUOTE=simlaboy;14327397]Kensington Avenue playing fields, after The Big Match on Sundays, used to be about 20 a side, all sorts of Baileys, Bashfords etc . Absolute carnage[/QUOTE

Us pleasant boys were playing nicely in Norbury Park whilst you ruffians were scything the crap out of each other. Bet Karen was the worst.