Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 23-02-2017, 01:15 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgusset View Post
Billy Jenkins is a legend. Used to have an album by him called 'sounds like Bromley'
Billy Jenkins performed the most outlandish live jazz I've witnessed. A very good call by The Gusset
Old 23-02-2017, 01:23 PM
Turn It Like Trevor

Dawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by krupa 2 View Post
The Ruts
On tour now I believe..
The Ruts were not from South London, they were from Hayes, Middlesex. The late Paul Fox (who I actually worked with for 3 years from 1968-71) was born in Bermondsey so you could argue (at a stretch) that he was from South London (I.e. south of the Thames). But he was a very small child when he moved to Hayes. By 1968, when I first met him, he most definitely regarded himself as a West Londoner.
Old 23-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Attending since 1972

R&B Glazier is a gunboat in a sea of fearR&B Glazier is a gunboat in a sea of fearR&B Glazier is a gunboat in a sea of fearR&B Glazier is a gunboat in a sea of fearR&B Glazier is a gunboat in a sea of fearR&B Glazier is a gunboat in a sea of fearR&B Glazier is a gunboat in a sea of fearR&B Glazier is a gunboat in a sea of fearR&B Glazier is a gunboat in a sea of fearR&B Glazier is a gunboat in a sea of fearR&B Glazier is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
Jeff Beck - Wallington.
Demesne Road to be precise. I remember drooling over his Corvertte Stingray
Old 23-02-2017, 02:52 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
Billy Jenkins performed the most outlandish live jazz I've witnessed. A very good call by The Gusset
Is this the same bloke? It's the only one of his that I know:

Old 23-02-2017, 03:18 PM
one love

AJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Disclosure

(Grew up in Reigate though)
Old 23-02-2017, 06:10 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
More Bowie info about his SE roots

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-02-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Is this the same bloke? It's the only one of his that I know:

That is indeed the man.

As someone who was into Heavy Metal (Metallica, Nuclear Assault, etc) I found his live performance was truly astounding.

a 'Must See'
Old 24-02-2017, 01:10 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
That is indeed the man.

As someone who was into Heavy Metal (Metallica, Nuclear Assault, etc) I found his live performance was truly astounding.

a 'Must See'
I will keep an eye out for any forthcoming gigs from him.
Old 14-03-2017, 02:02 AM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well I am not sure if living the n S London counts, as I know one of these were S London boys, but I met Don Letts last summer, he bought some good of my stall & asked if he could escape to eat it in peace behind the stall. We had a bit of a chat sitting on a hay bale. I told him that I had heard that he lived in Foresthill for a while where I live, & he said yeah he lived in Horniman drive, & for a while had Mick Jones & John Lydon living with him there. I am therefore claiming all 3 as south London - lol.
Old 14-03-2017, 02:03 AM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Actual S London bands I quite like Athlete's first album, Golden Silvers were pretty good too.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:16 PM
on the hunt

Curry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Paul Higgs from Naem is from West Wickham. He supports Spurs though
3. Al-Badar, 37 Brick Lane
4. The Raja, Cambridge
Old 03-05-2017, 09:33 PM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry View Post
Paul Higgs from Naem is from West Wickham. He supports Spurs though

Forgot about Naem. Top band. Met Paul once. Sound bloke
Old 03-05-2017, 09:41 PM
on the hunt

Curry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Apparently writing a new album with the working name of Magic Truffles
3. Al-Badar, 37 Brick Lane
4. The Raja, Cambridge
Old 22-05-2017, 04:30 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Can't find Dizzee on here. Born in Camberwell.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Multum in parvo

Lee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Saint Etienne were formed in Croydon. Pete and Bob went to Whitgift School.

Some references to Croydon in their songs (including a song named after Croydon based civil engineering firm 'Hobart Paving'). Watch the video for Side Streets.

Their new album 'Home Counties' has a track called 'Whyteleafe' and there's another which is just brief snippet of football results coming in: "Carshalton 6 Chatham 1, Chipstead against Ramsgate match postponed".
Old 08-06-2017, 11:19 AM

david sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Japan are totally the best band ever from South London - Beckenham/Catford
Old 08-06-2017, 11:43 AM

Johnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by david sylvian View Post
Japan are totally the best band ever from South London - Beckenham/Catford
...says the totally unbiased David Sylvian
Old 08-06-2017, 11:46 AM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not a band but in the days of Rock and Roll when they had names like Wild, Fury, Eager, Pride etc...Dickie Pride was a Croydon boy and one of the better singers from that group. Sadly he took his own life which was sad but almost fashional for a while.
Old 22-10-2017, 07:30 AM

Eastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
One of the group marmalade lived opposite me for a while in Auckland rd, se19, back in the early seventies, can't remember which one! Also Mickey Finn drummer of t-rex lived in Auckland rise about the same time
Old 22-10-2017, 07:54 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not seen whole thread but Archy Marshall (King Krule) went to Forest Hill School. Anyone know if he is Palace?