Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 23-10-2017, 01:36 PM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Old 23-10-2017, 01:46 PM

BillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
One trick pony manager, can make a team solid at the back but has little attacking nous. At Southampton this worked very well as he could make them defensively sound (pretty easy with genuine top class defenders like Alderwiereld, Fonte, Van Djik, Clyne, Bertrand etc at the club,) and then let class attacking players like Mane, Pelle, Tadic do their thing (important to note that these players were not scouted or uncovered by Koeman himself.) Similar story at Everton, defensively sound and Lukaku to score all the goals. Now with a lack of reliable goals up front, although Rooney has started well, heís being exposed.
I'm not sure it can be described as one trick when he did it over three different seasons and two different clubs. I wish someone could do that trick with Palace.
Old 23-10-2017, 01:49 PM

CP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
I'm not sure it can be described as one trick when he did it over three different seasons and two different clubs. I wish someone could do that trick with Palace.
Why not? Guardiola at Barca, Bayern, Man City, brilliant passing football but struggles to play different styles and when they can’t pass their way through teams which leaves them vulnerable in certain situations. Pulis at Stoke, Palace, West Brom, same long ball oriented defensive football. Being a one trick pony doesn’t mean Koeman’s a bad manager, I’m just expressing the view that his league finishes were far from down to his managerial prowess alone.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 23-10-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Old 23-10-2017, 01:57 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sacked. Return of Moyesy?
Wonder why he took training this morning then. Yes Moyes would be best option for us!
Old 23-10-2017, 02:01 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Haven't liked koeman since 1993 and his foul on platt

Not that I bear grudges
Old 23-10-2017, 02:02 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
And he was one of those players like David Luiz who was a midfielder pretending to be a defender
Old 23-10-2017, 02:05 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm61 View Post
Beat me too it!
Old 23-10-2017, 02:07 PM

Why don't they try frank de boer?
Old 23-10-2017, 02:08 PM

BillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for you
Quote:
Why not? Guardiola at Barca, Bayern, Man City, brilliant passing football but struggles to play different styles and when they canít pass their way through teams which leaves them vulnerable in certain situations. Pulis at Stoke, Palace, West Brom, same long ball oriented defensive football. Being a one trick pony doesnít mean Koemanís a bad manager, Iím just expressing the view that his league finishes were far from down to his managerial prowess alone.
Isn't that the case for all managers though? Every manager has a style. Koemans style brought over 60 points over the last three seasons which is a great achievement. I don't think many managers would have got those points totals for those clubs (particularly Southampton who lost a lot of good players). That brings me to the conclusion he is good at maximising what he has. Everton has a high net spend this summer of £65m but it was only £27m and £21m in the previous two seasons. I think any club outside the top 6 would be lucky to have him as a manager.
Old 23-10-2017, 02:09 PM

stayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsstayingup was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
funnily enough a friend of mine is a everton fan and he says they all wanted de boar before koeman was appointed, not sure they will now...
Old 23-10-2017, 02:11 PM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
Haven't liked koeman since 1993 and his foul on platt

Not that I bear grudges
Funny, I have wonderful memories of that evening. But that's more to do with a rather wonderfully adventurous & accommodating Polish girl I was seeing at the time.
Old 23-10-2017, 02:16 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
I still donít understand the attitude some people have towards Frank. Yes, not the ideal start as manager but he was only given 4 games in the league and not backed in the transfer window.

Bet he goes on to do alright somewhere else.
Because people are simplistic and it's much easier to blame everything at the club on one person than think about multiple things.That goes for owners too.
Old 23-10-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Funny, I have wonderful memories of that evening. But that's more to do with a rather wonderfully adventurous & accommodating Polish girl I was seeing at the time.
You should share those wonderful memories with your missus she will love to hear them
Old 23-10-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oikboy View Post
Or, to be more accurate, couldn't manage the Toffees.
Are you two a double act?
Old 23-10-2017, 02:24 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
They backed him to the hilt with big money transfers. Have any really come off? Even Siggi is not as good as he was previously. New manager might just get them flying, unless they are stupid enough to go for Moyes.
Old 23-10-2017, 02:25 PM

CP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Isn't that the case for all managers though? Every manager has a style. Koemans style brought over 60 points over the last three seasons which is a great achievement. I don't think many managers would have got those points totals for those clubs (particularly Southampton who lost a lot of good players). That brings me to the conclusion he is good at maximising what he has. Everton has a high net spend this summer of £65m but it was only £27m and £21m in the previous two seasons. I think any club outside the top 6 would be lucky to have him as a manager.
Nowhere near all managers have a set style, Mourinho, Poch, Silva, Wagner, Benitez are Prem managers who are all adaptable, some others like Pellegrino I haven’t seen enough of to even judge. Maximising the best of what he has with straightforward defensive football and long balls, sounds like Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce does it not? Like the aforementioned two, Koeman is not a bad manager by any means but he isn’t that good either, probably not what Everton need for their aim of being a top 6 club. Put him in charge of Palace though and I reckon he’d be decent.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 23-10-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 23-10-2017, 02:29 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sacked. Return of Moyesy?
Hopefully , Moyes is a dreadful manager and if they reappoint him it will really go tits up and be very funny for us .
Old 23-10-2017, 02:33 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It was inevitable he would be sacked, as of late the whole club looked and felt like a morgue and yesterdays result/performance was the final nail in the coffin.
Having spent 140m on very average players and by Not replacing his talisman goalscorer he was always doomed to failure, he needed to have secured Giroud and along with Rooney would have given them the goals Lukaku provided.
Old 23-10-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Nowhere near all managers have a set style, Mourinho, Poch, Silva, Wagner, Benitez are Prem managers who are all adaptable, some others like Pellegrino I havenít seen enough of to even judge. Maximising the best of what he has with straightforward defensive football and long balls, sounds like Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce does it not? Like the aforementioned two, Koeman is not a bad manager by any means but he isnít that good either, probably not what Everton need for their aim of being a top 6 club. Put him in charge of Palace though and I reckon heíd be decent.
I would say Mourinho is quite similiar to Koeman and Pulis but he just has better players available. Wagner has a really set system and style of play. I think Pochetino like your comments on Koeman has a strong defense as a priority and then lets the flair players build from there, whereas Silva is the opposite and looks to outscore the opposition and play with a high tempo. I can't think of many examples of managers having success playing a certain way and then changing that massively. The changes only tend to happen when the budgets get bigger or smaller. Koeman played in some teams that played fantastic football and was (I think) one of the highest scoring defenders of all time. Who's to say that if he was given the managers job at Arsenal he wouldn't change things? My best guess is he would play with as much flair as the likes of Mourinho.
Old 23-10-2017, 02:44 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foetus eagle View Post
The bloke couldn't manage for toffee.
I saw what you did there.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.