Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-11-2017, 11:42 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Excellent news. You should work until mid December and then go to Australia for Christmas.
Old 16-11-2017, 07:36 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betraythe digger is like ice, their footing does betray
Has anyone else read "Why Am I Still Depressed?"?

Was recommended it by my therapist who thinks I should be seeking a psychiatric diagnosis on bipolar behaviour before looking at medication. Was frighteningly familiar so wondered whether anyone else had experience...
Old 17-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Semi retired idiot

penguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have a progressive medical condition which has stopped me from working for over a year now. I feel totally lost being unable to do a job I loved, and the illness has also meant a normal social life is difficult. Months of communication with the DWP has failed to bring me any benefits, so I have financial worries too.

During a routine appointment, my GP told me she believed I was seriously depressed. My initial reaction was to deny it, thinking I was simply dealing with my problems as well as I could. I reluctantly took the prescribed Citalopram with little faith that it would help, as it would not affect the root cause of my troubles. But since then I have started to believe she is right. I get strangely emotional for little reason, feeling tearful or laughing at stupid things on TV etc.

After seeing various consultants at hospital for regular checks, I became used to being told that my condition was getting worse but nothing could be done. However on my last appointment I saw a doctor who actually seemed genuinely interested. And have now been referred to a surgeon at Papworth Hospital for a possible operation.

On Monday I had a phone call from my local bank, a lady trying to get me to switch my mortgage to them. I told her that she was wasting her time as I had two mortgages which I may struggle to repay in the future due to not being able to work. She was amazingly sympathetic and asked about my illness, so I told her about my appointment at Papworth.

The following day the postman arrived with a large parcel, it was an enormous box of chocolates... "Wishing you all the very best and good luck with your appointment on Thursday. From all the staff at NatWest Thetford."

The empathy of that doctor and the thoughtfulness of those people at the bank are far better treatment for depression than any medication.

PS. My appointment was postponed at the last moment until next week, as the surgeon was called away for an emergency operation. But I am still feeling optimistic.
Old 17-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin7 View Post
I have a progressive medical condition which has stopped me from working for over a year now. I feel totally lost being unable to do a job I loved, and the illness has also meant a normal social life is difficult. Months of communication with the DWP has failed to bring me any benefits, so I have financial worries too.

During a routine appointment, my GP told me she believed I was seriously depressed. My initial reaction was to deny it, thinking I was simply dealing with my problems as well as I could. I reluctantly took the prescribed Citalopram with little faith that it would help, as it would not affect the root cause of my troubles. But since then I have started to believe she is right. I get strangely emotional for little reason, feeling tearful or laughing at stupid things on TV etc.

After seeing various consultants at hospital for regular checks, I became used to being told that my condition was getting worse but nothing could be done. However on my last appointment I saw a doctor who actually seemed genuinely interested. And have now been referred to a surgeon at Papworth Hospital for a possible operation.

On Monday I had a phone call from my local bank, a lady trying to get me to switch my mortgage to them. I told her that she was wasting her time as I had two mortgages which I may struggle to repay in the future due to not being able to work. She was amazingly sympathetic and asked about my illness, so I told her about my appointment at Papworth.

The following day the postman arrived with a large parcel, it was an enormous box of chocolates... "Wishing you all the very best and good luck with your appointment on Thursday. From all the staff at NatWest Thetford."

The empathy of that doctor and the thoughtfulness of those people at the bank are far better treatment for depression than any medication.

PS. My appointment was postponed at the last moment until next week, as the surgeon was called away for an emergency operation. But I am still feeling optimistic.
That is a nice gesture from NW bank - Sky sent my mum in law a massive bouquet of flowers when she rang with a problem and got chatting and told them about my father in laws heart by pass op.

Anyway, good luck with everything. Hope you feel better and get the treatment you need