Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
I think you are saying that you do not consider that anything needs doing to Selhurst Park - is that correct? so I'll take that as a - no you would not want to move out for a year and come back with better facilities - are you saying that people who want stadium improvements and perhaps have a moan or two about it are splitting the fan base?

BTW I too used to go and stand on open terraces in the rain and I can recall the odd bit of booing now and again in the past - it wasn't all wonderfully rosy as you seem to remember it. I assume you do not remember what happened when Bloye was there or were too young to register the protests. and presumably you have amnesia for Goldberg's time at the club as well.
Yep I remember the protests at home to Barnsley for the sky camera's, and then we had the Grim Reaper protest organised by our own Cris Lehmann at home to Huddersfield. hdeagle always conveniently twists things with his own version of events, and will then attempt to shoot anyone down who dares to criticise the club albeit constructively. COYP
BTW: How I miss the open terrace with the heavens opening. Would still love to see the 90's scoreboard resurrected within the ground somewhere
Old 07-11-2017, 12:35 PM

hdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace can only do ground redevelopment once the planning permission has been granted by the council and it is unfair to blame our owners for something that is very much out of their control until the green light for these works is given.

It is not just a question of building what they and the Palace fans want and this delay is reducing the increased income and restricting our transfer spending defined by FFP in relation to our current club generated income.

It is a catch 22 situation and must be very frustrating given our financial resources that are infinitely better than many clubs.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:48 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Palace can only do ground redevelopment once the planning permission has been granted by the council and it is unfair to blame our owners for something that is very much out of their control until the green light for these works is given.

It is not just a question of building what they and the Palace fans want and this delay is reducing the increased income and restricting our transfer spending defined by FFP in relation to our current club generated income.

It is a catch 22 situation and must be very frustrating given our financial resources that are infinitely better than many clubs.
They could fix the bogs in the AW tbf. I agree that it is nothing like as simple as people would like to think - however talking about it is allowed as it wishing it would happen sooner - that does not make you a bad supporter.

I do not think that our resources are infinitely better than many prem clubs - the US investors are not sugar daddies - they want a return for their money (always unlikely) so there is not the free spending regime as in trophy clubs such as Chelsea, Man City and to a lesser extent Brighton and Bournemouth.

The log jam at present on the ground plans is Sainsburys from what SP has said - they want a lot more money than we are prepared to pay. We may well be being sensible but at the end of the day it is all down to money and that is within our control or rather the Club's control). Personally I would have spent all the prem money on improving the ground and so what if we were relegated. I know that may not be a popular viewpoint but it would have produced some concrete results. My big worry is that we will go down and no major improvements will have been done and I would think that an opportunity missed but others may disagree - and that's OK - they are entitled to their opinion as well - and they are not cretins for having a different opinion to me.

and on the ground - we haven't even got to the planning process yet (although preliminary talks may have been had)

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis

Last edited by sw16girl; 07-11-2017 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:15 PM

hdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just undertaking the changes to the disabled facilities at Selhurst Park was a big project that cost a lot of money and planning to complete.

Running a football club is not just a matter of throwing cash at it as so many other factors have to be taken into consideration and living within your means and being successful is a matter of balancing your resources whilst staying within the rules.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:34 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post

Seriously, is there any adult fan that doesnít know that the stadium development will require planning permission?

The thing is HD, that the club havenít yet reached the stage that theyíve actually applied to the council for planning permission!

Other clubs have been able to overcome far bigger issues than our apparent deadlock with Sainsburyís over a comparatively small piece of car park.

With regret, Iíve joined the realists on this one and sadly accepted that there isnít the will to do a stadium development. I briefly thought that selling to the Americans was the tipping point to kick start this....it hasnít been.

Until I see actual plans, Iím no longer Ďa believerí on this one.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:45 PM

MAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Frankly, donít give a damn whether Selhurst is redeveloped or not. Just love going, as I have for nearly 60 years.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:59 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX View Post
Frankly, donít give a damn whether Selhurst is redeveloped or not. Just love going, as I have for nearly 60 years.
100%
Old 08-11-2017, 05:44 PM
Probationary User

Peter Aslett was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPeter Aslett was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPeter Aslett was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPeter Aslett was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPeter Aslett was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPeter Aslett was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPeter Aslett was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPeter Aslett was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPeter Aslett was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPeter Aslett was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsPeter Aslett was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
I am interested in the last 5 seasons for programme binders please. They look just what I need. Thank you.