Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 09-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Company Private Healthcare

Anyone use BUPA through their company? Being offered this for myself only but not sure what the cost to me will be. Whilst it is paid for by the company, i get taxed for it, right?
Old 09-11-2017, 06:44 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yep, benefit in kind.

The benefit is the cost of the policy. If it's fully comp. it might be c.600 a year. If you're a standard rate tax payer, it'll cost you 20% in tax, so 120 per year or 10 per month.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:47 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post
Yep, benefit in kind.

The benefit is the cost of the policy. If it's fully comp. it might be c.600 a year. If you're a standard rate tax payer, it'll cost you 20% in tax, so 120 per year or 10 per month.
600?

That isn't comprehensive, that is the fee you will pay for just going private for ops.

I would find out what your company would be paying and therefore what your tax liability might be. There fully comp rates for an individual are more like 1800 a year but business rates might be less.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:51 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
600?

That isn't comprehensive, that is the fee you will pay for just going private for ops.

I would find out what your company would be paying and therefore what your tax liability might be. There fully comp rates for an individual are more like 1800 a year but business rates might be less.
We have it through our business and 600/700 per person is what it costs us for fully comp for about 6 people with zero excess. If the company policy has significantly more people on it, I'd expect the price to be lower, if it's just a single person policy, then a bit more.

Anyone paying BUPA 1800 is likely to have prior health issues or be rubbish at negotiating a price.