Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-11-2017, 04:52 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
But not men?
Obviously, but in this context we were talking about women.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:55 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Obviously, but in this context we were talking about women.
Scenario 1 : she is telling the unvarnished truth
Scenario 2 : The Sun scent the story is going stale, track down a former bartender, and give her money for her story. Necessarily they ask her to sex it up a bit (sadly this happens a lot). Result, lots of vague stuff about 'old pervs' and minor sexual assault, with no substantiated or substantiable fact.

Either are possible, you will agree?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-11-2017, 05:03 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Scenario 1 : she is telling the unvarnished truth
Scenario 2 : The Sun scent the story is going stale, track down a former bartender, and give her money for her story. Necessarily they ask her to sex it up a bit (sadly this happens a lot). Result, lots of vague stuff about 'old pervs' and minor sexual assault, with no substantiated or substantiable fact.

Either are possible, you will agree?
I think scenario 2 is disgusting and one of the reasons people (mainly women) don't come forward about being harassed and assaulted.

Knowing many people who work in bars and clubs, I have no doubt that what she is saying is true. Women in bars and clubs are routinely harassed and assaulted by scummy men. Of which there are plenty in parliament.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:04 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Both. Gender is neither here nor there if someone has suffered harassment or sexual assault.
It's an interesting one. I'm not saying I've been harassed by any stretch of the imagination; but I work in a predominantly female environment and have done for years, and now and again you get a bit of suggestive banter and mild ribbing of a sexual nature which I find amusing (if slightly embarrassing sometimes).

All this has made me think if it was the other way round and the same things said to a female in a male dominated environment whether that would be deemed as harassment?

I agree that it should work both ways, but there is something more menacing and intimidating about a man doing it to a woman than vise versa. Haven't really thought about it much but I think it's to do with the difference in physical strength.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
It's an interesting one. I'm not saying I've been harassed by any stretch of the imagination; but I work in a predominantly female environment and have done for years, and now and again you get a bit of suggestive banter and mild ribbing of a sexual nature which I find amusing (if slightly embarrassing sometimes).

All this has made me think if it was the other way round and the same things said to a female in a male dominated environment whether that would be deemed as harassment?

I agree that it should work both ways, but there is something more menacing and intimidating about a man doing it to a woman than vise versa. Haven't really thought about it much but I think it's to do with the difference in physical strength.
There clearly is because of power relations in society.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:45 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I agree that it should work both ways, but there is something more menacing and intimidating about a man doing it to a woman than vise versa..
I think it can be dangerous to make such very general assumptions, although clearly there is a lot of, anecdotal and statistical, truth in what you say. If however it was absolutely true, there would be no such thing as domestic violence practised against men by women; but there is.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 11-11-2017, 06:15 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
And Sepp...of course!

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-11-2017, 10:25 AM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
I feel a bit sorry for this bloke, all he seems to have done is ask for a lunch date and she never told him no. It appears there was never any feedback that it was unwanted attention.
Its turned into a feeding frenzy with labour mp's "supporting her" and him being suspended.
Whatever the labour party decide he will be a victim of allegations that nothing happened at all. Fecking bizarre.

To view the link you have to Register or Login