Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:39 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
I was actually half hoping it was not in warranty and pondering if google would be a better choice for me
Old 10-11-2017, 08:25 AM

Isle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Isn't the serial number on the App? How did you find it?

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Old 10-11-2017, 08:30 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
It's only on the app if the device is registered, mine was rebooting and dropping into setup mode thus unavailable
Old 10-11-2017, 08:55 AM

Isle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ah does seem odd that they dont have the serial number on the thing itself. I've not seen that before. How did you work it out in the end?

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
Old 10-11-2017, 09:11 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Ah does seem odd that they dont have the serial number on the thing itself. I've not seen that before. How did you work it out in the end?
The serial number is on the box as well as the app.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:31 AM

The box that got recycled 12 months ago ;-)

I've written it down just in case thx Dave

I'm hoping that they will have a Show and an external Security camera at a discount on Black Friday.

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
Old 10-11-2017, 09:59 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I was actually half hoping it was not in warranty and pondering if google would be a better choice for me
Glad you got another FOC.

What do Google ones do that Echos don't out of interest?
Old 10-11-2017, 09:04 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Glad you got another FOC.

What do Google ones do that Echos don't out of interest?
exact same but better voice recognition and searching if you believe some folks

"Google whats the Gaelic name Ciaran mean"

I also believe the smart home support is reduced

It also support google music which is cool (amazon is not good)
Old 10-11-2017, 09:19 PM

Hmmm Disagree on the voice but certainly agree on the search. Difference from my limited testing is that Google "gets" the search 5 out 10 vrs Alexa which is 2 out 10. I think its the difference between Google and Bing. Saying OK Google is a pain and less natural.

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
Old 12-11-2017, 12:21 PM

Good deal at Argos Philips E27 screw bulbs white £10 each.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
Old 12-11-2017, 01:30 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Hmmm Disagree on the voice but certainly agree on the search. Difference from my limited testing is that Google "gets" the search 5 out 10 vrs Alexa which is 2 out 10. I think its the difference between Google and Bing. Saying OK Google is a pain and less natural.
TBH I have been really surprised about how good Alexa has been understanding syntax and searching for answers. Maybe I am asking it simpler things but I would say it's way better than 2 out of 10. i.e. I asked Alexa, how old is Toby Jones not really expecting an answer and it zipped back without hesitation. Most of the problems I have with it are to do with me not thinking about the question before I start talking = oops So I hesitate and want to rephrase.

We do get some weird answers occasionally and lately she seems to like to join in while we are talking - probably a little lonely
Old 12-11-2017, 04:39 PM

It's not the understanding of the words Alexa is great at that much much much better than Siri. It's the "sorry I can't help" because the search behind it is bing which is quite frankly crap and no one uses it.

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
Old 15-11-2017, 12:20 PM

LN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Echo Dot £34.00 click and collect at John Lewis, £34.99 at most other places including at Amazon and Argos today.
Old 15-11-2017, 12:28 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
Echo Dot £34.00 click and collect at John Lewis, £34.99 at most other places including at Amazon and Argos today.
i'm assuming these will discounted further for black friday
Old 15-11-2017, 12:34 PM

LN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
i'm assuming these will discounted further for black friday
Not too sure but most are advertising as 'pre' Black Friday deals so whether they are just bringing it forward or it's the first price drop I don't know?

Google Home Mini also seems to be following suit and is down to £34 at places like the BT shop.
Old 15-11-2017, 01:36 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I need some cheap HS100 plugs and the bastards (Amazon) are only flogging them off cheap (£9.99) when buying another Echo or dot, which I donít need. Anyone sees a good cheap deal for plugs, post on here please. Ta
Old 15-11-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I need some cheap HS100 plugs and the bastards (Amazon) are only flogging them off cheap (£9.99) when buying another Echo or dot, which I don’t need. Anyone sees a good cheap deal for plugs, post on here please. Ta
Vouchercodes now doing £5 Amazon gift voucher on Echo orders above £34.99 so just ordered Dot and HS100 bundle (Dot given away as Christmas present) and hopefully a £5 voucher off the next deal on the HS100 plugs individually.

Last edited by LN1; 15-11-2017 at 06:43 PM.
Old 16-11-2017, 01:09 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Ordered the Show last night and it is now chatting away to me like a good 'un and feels pretty cool so far. The screen will be quite interesting and useful I think. Of course I am in the early stages of euphoria and discovery. Sound is better than I had expected.
Old 16-11-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
Vouchercodes now doing £5 Amazon gift voucher on Echo orders above £34.99 so just ordered Dot and HS100 bundle (Dot given away as Christmas present) and hopefully a £5 voucher off the next deal on the HS100 plugs individually.

Okay thanks - will check it out, although I donít need another echo/dot. Would be a great deal if I did. Still need a couple of plugs though. Nowhere seems to be offering anything sub £20 and most £25.
Old 16-11-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Ordered the Show last night and it is now chatting away to me like a good 'un and feels pretty cool so far. The screen will be quite interesting and useful I think. Of course I am in the early stages of euphoria and discovery. Sound is better than I had expected.

The Show interests me but Iím not sure if Iíd use it for what itís designed for eg I assume mainly drop in video chat. I donít use drop in now on the Echo and if we do a video call there are so many ways you can do it on phones and iPads which are of course mobile, unlike the show.