Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 26-10-2017, 09:55 PM

dave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
According to the Guardian David Davis is holding up the next round of negotiations:

Quote:
It has emerged that the Brexit secretary, David Davis, has not yet fixed dates for the next round of talks with Brussels despite an agreement by both sides to accelerate negotiations.

Barnier has proposed three rounds of talks before a European summit in December, the new crunch deadline for assessing whether Brexit negotiations could move on to trade talks.

Officials working for Barnier had suggested three dates: this week, mid-November and just ahead of the EU summit on 14-15 December.

The Department for Exiting the EU has so far not agreed dates despite a decision at a dinner between May and senior European commission officials last week that “efforts should accelerate over the months to come”.

Davis recently accused the EU of dragging out talks “to get more money out of us”. British officials say it would have been premature to embark on talks this week, days after the latest EU summit.

Barnier told May over dinner last week that the EU was ready to accelerate talks, but Britain must do more to meet EU demands. “It takes two to accelerate,” he told reporters the following day.

LFC fansite
Old 26-10-2017, 10:53 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Civil Service, half term week..... what do you expect?
Old 01-11-2017, 05:54 PM

dave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Next round of negotiations scheduled for next week:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Only 2 days though so it could all be a damp squib.

LFC fansite
Old 01-11-2017, 06:01 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post

Its been a damp squib right from the start.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:34 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:

The theory that sounds plausible is that the civil servants (Ollie & Sabine basically) are cracking on, the watershed of October has passed, & so putting 2 and 2 together, the weeks with press conferences etc are not needed including because expectations are dampened. There's gaps, the A50 stuff is technical, it takes technocrats to sort it... so leave them to it & thereby better chance of "sufficient" progress by the December Council.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:14 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
You wrote leaving Euratom into the A50 Notification Act you TWATS! And May said leaving ECJ jurisdiction was condition of any EU deal. They're falling apart.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:50 PM
Wagon Painter

This is going to infuriate some but I want to report what I've heard from inside FCO & DExEU but can't be explicit. Suffice to say that the A50 talks are currently going in ever increasing circles. At this rate they'll be back at notification stage by Xmas.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
This is going to infuriate some but I want to report what I've heard from inside FCO & DExEU but can't be explicit. Suffice to say that the A50 talks are currently going in ever increasing circles. At this rate they'll be back at notification stage by Xmas.
To say the least, indeed.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:45 AM

Round 6 or is it the new round 1 starts tomorrow.

The position papers have dried up on both sides and they still haven't published an update on the joint technical note on EU-UK position on citizens' rights.

LFC fansite
Old 09-11-2017, 03:24 PM

Shortest agenda yet:

LFC fansite
Old 10-11-2017, 12:56 PM

So May has 2 weeks to improve her offer of 20bn euros:

LFC fansite
Old 10-11-2017, 04:46 PM
Wagon Painter

Quote:
So May has 2 weeks to improve her offer of 20bn euros:

Yes but to be clear: the part of the talks on the financial settlement (of our commitment to the Budget) is not about a figure but about the methodology for counting what we owe. So the issue is that the UK "offer" does not cover our commitment in full because May only mentioned covering the Budget gap for 2019-20 which logically has to be in addition to not only our share of known spending up to April 2019 but also our share of project spending in the Budget period to 2020 (which is the decision that Cameron 'signed') which cannot be calculated until all the invoices are in. Then there's other items, some of which the UK could legitimately look to negotiate out of, or negotiate them down, like pension liabilities on which the EU27 was on shaky ground.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:52 PM
Wagon Painter

Theresa May wants the "Repeal Bill" to name the exit date exactly as 11pm (midnight Brussels time) on 29 March 2019. Currently the draft leaves the date open for the Government to agree with the EU27, which also allows for an extension as provided for by Article 50. Wiser heads than me are opining on this but I'm puzzled about the change since in the time since the draft Bill was presented the Government is under even more time pressure (given the state of the negotiations) and I'm uncertain what now makes it think it can conclude everything in time.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Theresa May wants the "Repeal Bill" to name the exit date exactly as 11pm (midnight Brussels time) on 29 March 2019. Currently the draft leaves the date open for the Government to agree with the EU27, which also allows for an extension as provided for by Article 50. Wiser heads than me are opining on this but I'm puzzled about the change since in the time since the draft Bill was presented the Government is under even more time pressure (given the state of the negotiations) and I'm uncertain what now makes it think it can conclude everything in time.

Denial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 10-11-2017, 08:40 PM
Wagon Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
Denial?
Possibly 'backbench' pressure. To be honest, it probably doesn't help that people are studying this on the internet and giving thickos like Steve Baker ideas that they wouldn't have generated for themselves.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:51 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
See, it's all your fault Wooley.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:59 AM
Wagon Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
See, it's all your fault Wooley.
Even I am scared by my scope of influence
Old 11-11-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Yes but to be clear: the part of the talks on the financial settlement (of our commitment to the Budget) is not about a figure but about the methodology for counting what we owe. So the issue is that the UK "offer" does not cover our commitment in full because May only mentioned covering the Budget gap for 2019-20 which logically has to be in addition to not only our share of known spending up to April 2019 but also our share of project spending in the Budget period to 2020 (which is the decision that Cameron 'signed') which cannot be calculated until all the invoices are in. Then there's other items, some of which the UK could legitimately look to negotiate out of, or negotiate them down, like pension liabilities on which the EU27 was on shaky ground.
I agree. The financial settlement is the one that David Davis keeps on mentioning when he says 'we are going through this line by line'. This is the position paper that they originally sent to the UK on 12 June although our failure to respond in kind and publish our own position paper has been highlighted by Barnier several times.

To an extent May confused matters with her 20bn euro offer. I imagine the general public hasn't really cottoned on that the two are separate matters.

LFC fansite
Old 11-11-2017, 06:36 PM
Wagon Painter

Quote:
I imagine the general public hasn't really cottoned on that the two are separate matters.
Judging by t'other thread, I'd say you're spot on.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:05 PM

Flicking through The Mail on Sunday (I had to buy it for my mother-in-law) I read a Brexit article by Dan Hodges who is styled 'Political Commentator of the year'.

He also repeated the claim that the 20 billion is the divorce offer. To make matters worse instead of euros he has it down as pounds.

Even worse still is a kiss and tell by an ex-lover of Farage. The sub-headline 'he was in bed wearing white Y-fronts' has almost put me off my Sunday lunch.

LFC fansite