Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 16-11-2017, 01:45 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
I've been to every England game home and away in 2017 and you're right that it's the away games that make it worthwhile. Having said that, 22.50 (including the members' discount) for me and my son in the family section is good value. For Scotland I paid the extra to go down the other end and get amongst what atmosphere there was.

If you're thinking of an away game Holland in March is a nice easy one, and pretty cheap as you can drive from Calais in about four hours. Hoping for some good Nations League away games. Ideally Iceland.
Presumably tickets for holland will be extremely difficult to get hold of if you haven't got a load of 'caps' (or whatever they're called for England)?
Old 16-11-2017, 02:15 PM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not sure i would want Livermore in our team over Luka or Cabaye (Both current and ex internationals) so how he plays for England ill never know.

Ultimately, the friendlies served there purpose which is an opportunity to fill wembley easily due to the nature of the opposition and Southgate to chuck some kids in which makes him look like a revolutionary coach who is supporting the next generation. Win win all round for the FA whilst the Prem League 'stars' Kane, Alli, Lallana got a nice break.
Old 16-11-2017, 02:49 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
Presumably tickets for holland will be extremely difficult to get hold of if you haven't got a load of 'caps' (or whatever they're called for England)?
When we've played there previously we've been given very big allocations and, whilst that might not happen this time, the membership is much lower now. We used to take 6-7,000 to these sort of games, but I think we took around 2,500 to Dortmund for the Germany game earlier this year and it was no problem getting a ticket for that.

Although it's difficult to be certain I expect every member that wants a ticket will get one.

Also, on previous visits, England fans have had no difficulty getting tickets in the Dutch areas and they are a pretty friendly bunch.
Old 16-11-2017, 03:45 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wembley is awful for atmosphere because of its weird acoustics. You can't hear anything that is going on even in the next block. It just becomes a tuneless hum - its like having tinitus. Its also awful to get to and from, not helped by being located in the middle of a featureless industrial estate.

On the other hand the old Wembley was a complete dump and you were often surrounded by racist thugs. I remember going to see Ian Wright's debut and being shocked that England supporters booed when any black player touched the ball, accompanied by monkey chants.

So to some extent therefore you could view current England experience at Wembley as much improved.
Old 16-11-2017, 04:07 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
I'll try and finish on a positive. Well done for giving the youngsters a go but I would question what's the point now. Surely we should've bedded these players in against weaker opposition in qualifying if they have any chance in going to Russia and try and get them tournament ready.
TBF. I think this is a bedding chance. There is still seven months to the World Cup.

Of course, this means nothing at all if Southgate throws out 5 of those players to make room for big club players that strangely picked up knocks for these friendlies. Then Southgate will just follow the story of failed England managers of the last 20 years.
Old 16-11-2017, 04:11 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
Wembley is awful for atmosphere because of its weird acoustics. You can't hear anything that is going on even in the next block. It just becomes a tuneless hum - its like having tinitus. Its also awful to get to and from, not helped by being located in the middle of a featureless industrial estate.
Unless there's 40,000 Palace fans there, of course.
Old 16-11-2017, 04:14 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
Unless there's 40,000 Palace fans there, of course.
True but even then I remember being a couple of blocks away from the HF in the play off final and not being able to tell what they were singing - it kind of spread through the blocks like Chinese whispers. Was a bit easier when standing behind them in the FA Cup final though.
Old 16-11-2017, 06:24 PM

glenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Not sure i would want Livermore in our team over Luka or Cabaye (Both current and ex internationals) so how he plays for England ill never know.

Ultimately, the friendlies served there purpose which is an opportunity to fill wembley easily due to the nature of the opposition and Southgate to chuck some kids in which makes him look like a revolutionary coach who is supporting the next generation. Win win all round for the FA whilst the Prem League 'stars' Kane, Alli, Lallana got a nice break.
Although he wasn't overly crap in either game for me, i thought his lack of faith and inability to use his weaker foot really hindered him throughout both games. He is one of those players that doesn't seem to contribute much but Southgate does seem to like having him about. To be fair i'd rather see him ahead of Henderson, but you'd hazard a guess that he'd be the next scapegoat off the rank if he got a regular start due to an obvious lack of world class quality.
Winks is possibly the one they've ear-marked but having not really seen anything of him, i have genuinely have no idea what sort of role he is going to play for us. He doesn't look overly physical though from what i've noticed and seems to pick up a few injuries.
Old 16-11-2017, 07:23 PM

Bryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Come on guys, good teams start with a solid defence and that’s been sorely lacking for years now. I think Southgate has shown he’s not the mug that he’s often made out to be and organised the team effectively. We kept out two of the best teams in the world and actually (Brazil especially) restricted them to relatively poor chances.

We have a lot of players to come back into the team and I saw a lot of very good technical ability especially in terms of players comfortable in receiving the ball at pace and in tight areas. I’m someone who has been very dismissive of the England setup for years but we seem to have a great crop of players and are starting to develope a style that suits.

The main reservation is we are still missing a piece of the puzzle which is probably a bit more magic in midfield. Depressingly in a way that opportunity was probably a certain Wilfried Zaha.

Still, a few months to go and often a key player will break through at the last minute.

Might actually start watching England regurlarly again.
Old 17-11-2017, 04:27 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
True but even then I remember being a couple of blocks away from the HF in the play off final and not being able to tell what they were singing - it kind of spread through the blocks like Chinese whispers. Was a bit easier when standing behind them in the FA Cup final though.
Even for the Cup Final, your comment is perfectly valid, (despite the impressive HF display), I found the CF a strangely tacky affair really - all that cliched and tired razzmatazz.
The performance against Brazil was not that good, but everyone half-expected a drubbing, and the refreshed team surprised by putting in a gutsy performance, the like of which we haven't seen for a decade or two.
Old 17-11-2017, 04:50 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Based on the recent games, I'd go with this as the first choice team. Should be fairly cohesive as Spurs/Man City heavy. Probably missing someone obvious though.

-------------Pickford
---Gomez - Stones - ???
Trippier - Winks - Dier - Rose
---Alli ---- Kane ----Sterling (poss Vardy or Lallana)
Old 17-11-2017, 05:11 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
When we've played there previously we've been given very big allocations and, whilst that might not happen this time, the membership is much lower now. We used to take 6-7,000 to these sort of games, but I think we took around 2,500 to Dortmund for the Germany game earlier this year and it was no problem getting a ticket for that.

Although it's difficult to be certain I expect every member that wants a ticket will get one.

Also, on previous visits, England fans have had no difficulty getting tickets in the Dutch areas and they are a pretty friendly bunch.
Cheers for that. If any members on here aren't going and would be able to help out then please drop us a PM
Old 17-11-2017, 05:24 PM

GanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betray
Funnily enough I watched the Japan v Brazil game (in Japan), but not the England v Brazil game. Japan lost 3 - 1, but they were losing 3 - 0 at half time. In the second half, they really pressurised Brazil and caused them to give the ball away or miss pass on numerous occasions. OK, Brazil were already winning 3 - 0 so it is difficult to know if this tactic would have worked at 0 -0, but Brazil did not look happy at being hurried. Did England just sit back, or did we pressurise them into mistakes?

As an aside, Japan are now ranked about 44th in the World and so for the group stage draw they will be in the 4th (weakest) set of teams. Might be one to avoid ....
Old 12-12-2017, 06:47 AM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
The FA have confirmed that there are enough tickets for all members that applied for Holland, with no ballot necessary. This means that if you join as a member now, currently 35 as the membership ends after the World Cup, you should easily get a ticket for Holland (21).