Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 24-11-2017, 11:00 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Very few players who fit that mould will also score goals in the PL. If you spend your money on someone like Gayle (15m?) you are sacrificing a lot of your budget and gambling on getting relegated. Get the championship striker as and when we need them, as you say Benteke will be off and we will have significant funds from his sale in order to pay for the new striker.
I agree with your thinking regarding the additional striker, yes we DO need another in January so as to give us options to Benteke but also ideally one that can play alongside to make our attack more potent.
Regarding Wickham, we need to put any plans for him on the back burner as we just don't know when he will be up to match fitness/sharpness which could be some time off, possibly at the end of Jan or early Feb.
As for another striker, i agree look again at seasons end to see where we stand and then reassess as the team could well need a major reshuffle.
Old 24-11-2017, 11:36 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
The problem with him is that he seems a tad injury prone....and I'm speaking as someone who thinks he's got great potential.
Before joining us he had spent 54 days injured in 5 years!

He missed a couple of games early in that 1st season with bruised ribs and almost as soon as he came back picked up a calf strain, came back and did it again. (The number of calf injuries the club has had is something they should be looking at as well)

When he came back he didn't cement a place but was round the squad most weeks. Then we sign Benteke who starts, Wickham plays in most games (10, orf which 5 were starts) before doing his ACL. That of course has him out for a long time.

Not sure if injury prone is fair as he has 1 major injury and a calf issue which has been a club problem for the past couple of years.
Old 24-11-2017, 11:48 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I referenced it in the Babacar thread but probably better in here. The 'type of player' I would like to see us add is someone like Walcott (style/ability/positions).

A goal scoring forward that can play down the middle, out wide or alongside a bigger striker. I could list all the reasons why he himself might bring risks with him but the list of pluses would be just as long. Part of his problem at Arsenal is that he has never been the bride, always the bridesmaid and then with injuries he has never been able to establish himself. But he has everything we would need in a player and for me the only question would be over his injuries. I think if he goes to a mid table quality club as a key player he could well score goals for fun. There was a patch at Arsenal where they had to play him up front and he was scoring some great goals and with the sort of team play that would suit us now.

The other major problem is the fee and package he might want. Not sure how well he is looked after these days at Emirates but these days every one wants stupid money and maybe its not as daft as it seems.

I would plump for him and a keeper and leave it at that unless we can shift some players out. The LB position remains weak but I can't see us spending there and if it was the summer I would look for something else to deepen ball winning quality in the midfield. Cabaye and Luka are proving a good pair but adding some more legs/bite there in case of injuries is essential at some point. Should the board risk that now, not so sure.
Old 24-11-2017, 02:05 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

He missed a couple of games early in that 1st season with bruised ribs and almost as soon as he came back picked up a calf strain, came back and did it again. (The number of calf injuries the club has had is something they should be looking at as well)

When he came back he didn't cement a place but was round the squad most weeks. Then we sign Benteke who starts, Wickham plays in most games (10, orf which 5 were starts) before doing his ACL. That of course has him out for a long time.

Not sure if injury prone is fair as he has 1 major injury and a calf issue which has been a club problem for the past couple of years.
Understand all that, but he has missed a large part of his career with us due to injury...do you not agree?
Old 24-11-2017, 02:17 PM

I H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineI H8 CWEED : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Imagine if the worst were to happen and we ending up back in the Championship - Wickham, Gayle and Murray would be an amazing selection of strikers to get promoted with... oh well
Old 24-11-2017, 03:13 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Understand all that, but he has missed a large part of his career with us due to injury...do you not agree?
That is undeniable. Doesn't mean he is injury prone though.
Old 24-11-2017, 03:20 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
That is undeniable. Doesn't mean he is injury prone though.
What does it mean then?
Old 24-11-2017, 07:43 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

Wickham had loads of injuries before he did his ACL. There were countless games he missed. He already had a reputation with us for being injury prone before the ACL. He needs to finally get a run of games under his belt with no injuries. He's barely played for us in two plus years.