Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:01 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
The wizards should change their name back to the bullets, and aim one at their own head
Old 04-11-2017, 10:05 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
The wizards should change their name back to the bullets, and aim one at their own head
I was just thinking about that... When I first got into the NBA in the early 1990s they were the Washington Bullets. Still seems slightly odd looking back at it.

Still in that time we've also seen the Hornets **** off to New Orleans, with a brief spell in Oklahoma City and then back to Charlotte to boot out the Bobcats.

And of course the scummy Thunder stealing the precious Supersonics from Seattle. I still hope one day soon we see the Sonic back in the NBA. Seattle is too big of a City to not have a team.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:11 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Washington DC is one of the most violent cities for gun crime in the USA, which is why they changed it I think
Old 05-11-2017, 11:01 PM
Omnipotent deity

Lego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yep, they changed the name to avoid the connotations of violence. Although I was surprised to learn that Milwaukee city has a serious gun violence problem. I know Philly, Chicago and Washington does, but that one surprised me.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:24 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Irving trade of the season so far. Raptors doing well. Beat the bulls again.

The UK Orlando Group have a website now.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 17-11-2017, 08:13 AM
Zahaaaaa oh yessssss

jono cp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejono cp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejono cp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejono cp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejono cp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejono cp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejono cp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejono cp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejono cp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejono cp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejono cp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
1. Point Guard (PG) - Effectively the play maker. He calls the plays on the court, brings the ball up the court and is the best with his hands and passing. Defensively they patrol the perimeter, looking for the ball on a quick break.

2. Shooting Guard (SG) - Usually the best shooter on the team and handy from 3 point range. Usually roams the perimeter looking for the ball for a quick 3, also essentially a back up PG. Defensively very similar to the Point Guard.

3. Small Forward (SF) - Usually the best players... Shoot from all ranges but also able to rebound too. On defence usually found in the paint area helping the Power Forward and Center to rebound.

4. Power Forward (PF) - Usually bigger than the SF and shooting is better closer into the basket than from the edge. Also one of the best rebounder on the team and blocks effectively for others to drive from deep to the basket. On defence usually found lurking near the Center to block the opposition's bigs and rebounding.

5. Center (C) - You may have heard of people like Shaq, Patrick Ewing etc. The big man! Usually the players over 7 foot. Some are athletic but usually they are a clumsy lumbering sort who are there to bulldoze people out of the way, make blocks for his team mates to exploit, and grab those loose balls from rebounds. Don't let him shoot from further than 2 foot away from the basket. Often the ones slam dunking. Defensively they basically do the same thing but blocking the opposition from scoring and winning rebounds. Won't tend to pass the ball far. Anything beyond their gravitational pull shooting or passing wise is almost certain to be over turned.

Hope that sort of helps. A lot of players tend to cross over roles... Two of the greatest players ever Michael Jordan and LeBron James have both flitted between SG/SF and Kobe Bryant was often SG/PG. You often get players equally adept as SF/PF (Carmelo Anthony) and PF/C (Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard) too.
thank you for this. a bloke at work has really gotten me into the nba, decided last year that philli will be my team (ben simmons being aussie plus alan iverson was a goat) never really understood positions but now i do.

also how good is embiid now? he can do everything even though hes a center, shoot 3s, drift past players with ease. Looks like the process is working
Old 17-11-2017, 08:32 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jono cp View Post
thank you for this. a bloke at work has really gotten me into the nba, decided last year that philli will be my team (ben simmons being aussie plus alan iverson was a goat) never really understood positions but now i do.

also how good is embiid now? he can do everything even though hes a center, shoot 3s, drift past players with ease. Looks like the process is working
Embiid was always a top talent. He just had injury issues early in his career. Let's hope he doesn't go the way of Greg Owen.
Old 17-11-2017, 06:58 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Celtics Warriors game last night was wild! Just caught the last quarter without knowing the score before. Get it seen!
Old 25-11-2017, 10:22 AM
Pokemon Trainer

I knew it couldn't last. Orlando down to 12th in the East now.
Old 27-11-2017, 08:27 PM
Omnipotent deity

Lego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I knew it couldn't last. Orlando down to 12th in the East now.
You guys have been plummeting. Hot start, now you've gone ice cold.