Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 27-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He'll play the second half team from Saturday.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact a Family charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And donate here https://www.justgiving.com/CyclingtheSeason

or by texting CPFC16 £5 (or whatever amount) to 70070 to donate to Contact a Family and make a difference today
Old 27-11-2017, 04:41 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
He'll play the second half team from Saturday.
I think you may be right.

Gives us the option to be quite fluid with formation
Old 27-11-2017, 04:57 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
.................Hennessey
Ward. ....Tomkins. ..Sakho. ....Schlupp

Loftus-Cheek. ..Luka. .Cabaye. ..McArthur

....................ZAHA. .......TOWNSEND
Old 27-11-2017, 05:02 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
PvA didnt start in any of our key wins in the 2nd half of last season, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Watford to name a few. He was brought back into the side against Burnley who then went on to pick up their only away win of the season. He scored a couple of goals but largely his performances have been pretty poor and this season he has been woeful!
We survived on the run of 6 wins in 8 games, that started with the win against Boro, where he not only started but scored the only goal of the game.

As key wins went that was pretty high up the list.
Old 27-11-2017, 05:05 PM

Penstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydenham Eagle View Post
Don't want PVA anywhere near the first team, Schlupp played really well against Everton and was fine on Saturday. I'd rather have Souare back than PVA. Loos disinterested most of the time. He might look better going forward but he's there first and foremost as a defender.
Certainly looks disinterested, really don't think he's a team player.
Old 27-11-2017, 05:12 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
I think that McArthur started because he scored in the last game. And Ward started because of the great assist in his previous game. I expect Benteke and TFM to start this one.
Why on earth would anybody want to change a winning team? As for CB, what has he done since returning from injury to warrant him starting, also not forgetting his poor form all season. As for playing a fully functional Benteke, it would be a no brainer.
Regarding playing McArthur, in a game where we will need to treat them with caution his energy and harassing style will be vital for our midfield.
I would not make changes to Saturdays defence, so would stick with Ward.
Old 27-11-2017, 05:13 PM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No way Schlupp deserves to be dropped for PVA. Thought Schlupp had a very decent game against a tough opponent in Shaqiri on Saturday, haven't seen PVA have a good game all season.
Old 27-11-2017, 05:20 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
As for CB, what has he done since returning from injury to warrant him starting,
He won the header that went to Townsend who went on to assist for RLC. It's all well and good playing Wilf and Townsend up top at times, but it can't be our only plan . We were better when he came on imo.
Old 27-11-2017, 05:43 PM

carter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Didnt mind celebrating with the team in the last minute? I don’t think he’s disinterested at all. Just in really poor form

The team picks itself for me
TFM Tomkins Sakho Schlupp
Cabaye Luka
Townsend Ruben Zaha
Benteke
Old 27-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Brighton
Brighton play 4 4 1 1 with Murray up front and Gross sitting behind him. Murray will harrass and try to bully our defence while Gross supplies some quality behind. Tends to drift wide and delivers very dangerous crosses. Knockaert meanwhile looks to create the chaos. Whenever I have seen the latter this season he has been quiet but I read that he has been key to their successes. At the back they play 2 traditional CBs in Dunk and Duffy and I would expect the latter to pick up Benteke and give him a good battle in the air. They both battle for everything but have mistakes in them, especially with the ball at their feet.

Every move seems to start through Dale Stephens who pulls the strings. I would think just having someone press on him throughout the game would give them some problems. The other midfielder, Propper looks combative and busy but not much else. The left back Bong Looks poor with the ball and has a stupid name Bruno at RB is 37 and very comfortable on the ball but surely has to have his legs stretched by Wilf or Andros but I would test Bong first. Against Stoke their little left winger, Izquierdo, was really dangerous. He will test Ward.

Palace
I expect Roy to start on Tuesday as we started at HT mainly because I think he values consistency. He will tweak it but not radically change it.

I would probably match them with a 4411. I would probably start with Ruben or Wilf behind Benteke and I would task him to press Stephens whenever we don't have the ball. I would probably look to rotate Wilf, Andros and Ruben into that position in part to see who gets the most traction.

I think the way we have been playing in recent weeks, playing the ball across the back until its funneled through Cabaye to spring the attacks is very similar to their game. We should edge it on personnel but they look well drilled and not to be underestimated. They have a couple of players that can do the 'special things' that create goals and we all know 'FFS' is going to score and so once again we need at least 2 goals to win.

Hennessey
Fosu-Mensah - Tomkins - Sakho - Schlupp

Townsend - Cabaye - Luka - Zaha

Loftus-Cheek

Benteke

I actually think Roy will favour Ward still. He would start with AT on the left, RL-C the right and QZ behind.

Not sure why but just have a feeling that Roy may have PVA start this one. I can't explain it and I wouldn't.
Old 27-11-2017, 06:07 PM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystaljim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystaljim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystaljim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystaljim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystaljim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystaljim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystaljim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystaljim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystaljim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystaljim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Brighton
The left back Bong Looks poor with the ball and has a stupid name
His nickname's gotta be Bucket!
Old 27-11-2017, 06:47 PM
Semi retired idiot

penguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Brighton
Brighton play 4 4 1 1 with Murray up front and Gross sitting behind him. Murray will harrass and try to bully our defence while Gross supplies some quality behind. Tends to drift wide and delivers very dangerous crosses. Knockaert meanwhile looks to create the chaos. Whenever I have seen the latter this season he has been quiet but I read that he has been key to their successes. At the back they play 2 traditional CBs in Dunk and Duffy and I would expect the latter to pick up Benteke and give him a good battle in the air. They both battle for everything but have mistakes in them, especially with the ball at their feet.

Every move seems to start through Dale Stephens who pulls the strings. I would think just having someone press on him throughout the game would give them some problems. The other midfielder, Propper looks combative and busy but not much else. The left back Bong Looks poor with the ball and has a stupid name Bruno at RB is 37 and very comfortable on the ball but surely has to have his legs stretched by Wilf or Andros but I would test Bong first. Against Stoke their little left winger, Izquierdo, was really dangerous. He will test Ward.

Palace
I expect Roy to start on Tuesday as we started at HT mainly because I think he values consistency. He will tweak it but not radically change it.

I would probably match them with a 4411. I would probably start with Ruben or Wilf behind Benteke and I would task him to press Stephens whenever we don't have the ball. I would probably look to rotate Wilf, Andros and Ruben into that position in part to see who gets the most traction.

I think the way we have been playing in recent weeks, playing the ball across the back until its funneled through Cabaye to spring the attacks is very similar to their game. We should edge it on personnel but they look well drilled and not to be underestimated. They have a couple of players that can do the 'special things' that create goals and we all know 'FFS' is going to score and so once again we need at least 2 goals to win.

Hennessey
Fosu-Mensah - Tomkins - Sakho - Schlupp

Townsend - Cabaye - Luka - Zaha

Loftus-Cheek

Benteke

I actually think Roy will favour Ward still. He would start with AT on the left, RL-C the right and QZ behind.

Not sure why but just have a feeling that Roy may have PVA start this one. I can't explain it and I wouldn't.
It is good to see someone on here who is able to offer some analysis on the opposition. I hope that Roy is focusing on their weaknesses rather than fretting too much about their threats. I agree that we may start with our second half team from Saturday, but would describe it as more of a 4-2-3-1 than 4-4-1-1, where each of the three shares some defensive responsibility and for closing down high up the pitch.

I disagree with them rotating across the pitch. Andros does not have the same qualities to take the central role and would be better staying wide and testing their RB, either beating him on the outside to cross or checking and cutting inside. Wilf and RLC seem to be developing an understanding and can interchange between the right and centre.

Happy with TFM or Ward at RB but I hope you are wrong about PVA starting.

The real test will come when some of our players tire, and the problem of 3 games in 8 days has to be considered.
Old 27-11-2017, 07:08 PM

Gregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
4231, Zaha and Townsend wide as the attacking three behind Benteke and then a base of shield of Loftus-Cheek and Cabaye in front of TFM, Tomkins, Sakho and Schlupp. Don't mind who is in goal, but I suspect it will be Hennessey.
Old 27-11-2017, 08:18 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Look at the celebrations for Sakho's goal.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact a Family charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And donate here https://www.justgiving.com/CyclingtheSeason

or by texting CPFC16 £5 (or whatever amount) to 70070 to donate to Contact a Family and make a difference today
Old 27-11-2017, 08:39 PM

Simmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Against Stoke their little left winger, Izquierdo, was really dangerous. He will test Ward.

With a name like that, he might also try to kiss him.
Old 27-11-2017, 08:52 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Speroni and Ward should play, they were there that day and have earned their right to win against Brighton again.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 27-11-2017, 09:02 PM

GB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
We survived on the run of 6 wins in 8 games, that started with the win against Boro, where he not only started but scored the only goal of the game.

As key wins went that was pretty high up the list.
Apologies, he started in 1 win out of 6 against a team that were relegated. Didnít appear away at Chelsea, Liverpool or at home to Arsenal.
Old 27-11-2017, 11:07 PM

Alfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfonso : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Watch my match preview, including team news and my predicted line-up, here: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 28-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is there a case for Dann this evening? Murray seems to score most of his goals because dickhead defenders go to sleep, Dann should have a good idea of what's coming from training.

Better yet, wheel out Damo!