Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-10-2017, 06:28 AM
If Carling made bbs'ers..

thehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldthehound was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Tiger Tiger is apparently coming back to Croydon.

PS3 Online ID: GoldenSquirrel
Old 07-10-2017, 07:22 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehound View Post
Tiger Tiger is apparently coming back to Croydon.
Fake news
Old 08-11-2017, 07:18 PM
Registered Useless

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
I was surprised to see yesterday that the Old Surrey Hounds in Caterham has reopened after its refurb with the new name of the William Garland.

Nope, me neither. So I googled, and the internet suggested (a) an obscure (even for them) nineteenth century Canadian politician; (b) an American blues musician who died in 1960; or (c) Tupac Shakur's real dad.

It still seems to be a Greene King house as before, so quite why they changed what I assume was an old name, I don't know.
I have read the subsequent post explaining the name but from now on to me it will be e pub of Tupac's dad

Did come on here to see if Flora Sands closing had been mentioned (it has). Wetherspoons are obviously having a cull in South London - Grapes-Sutton, Crown&Sceptre-Streatham and The Milan Bar - Croydon Grants are also closing/for sale.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:44 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Wow, the crown and sceptre was my local when I lived in Streatham Hill, been there for years..
Old 09-11-2017, 01:12 PM

obasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsobasizzler was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
I was also a frequenter of the Crown and Sceptre late 70s / early 80s. Good pub back in the day.
Old 25-11-2017, 09:49 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Was in the Crown and Sceptre yesterday as I popped to Streatham to see some old friends, pint of Magners was only 2 quid, was shocked, made a refreshing change to what I usually pay for beers, alas I don't have a local spoons..
Old 25-11-2017, 11:23 AM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The George in Croydon's increased the price of the magners from 1.99 to 2.29 a month or two back, daylight robbery if you ask me.
I'll be there
CLIMBING UP THE WAAAAAAAALLS
Old 25-11-2017, 09:51 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I noticed last week when walking from the ground to East Croydon that the Bird in Hand in Gloucester Road was closed and surrounded by scaffolding. Is that a recent closure? I guess it was only for a minority clientele in the first place, so maybe not a surprise it's gone.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:20 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Walked past the Golden Lion in Penge the other day and it looked like it was being demolished
Old 01-12-2017, 07:04 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Walked past the Golden Lion in Penge the other day and it looked like it was being demolished
If so only the Maple Tree left in that road. Four gone.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:09 PM

macstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by laboxers View Post
The Cricketers, just by Lebanon Road tram stop, has reopened as a BBQ place called Miss Ps BBQ. They have their own smoker in the garden.

Its a bit confused inside, like has a bar where you order food and drinks from, but more of a restaurant. However the food is awesome, and a pint of Meantime, in a glass glass, is 4.50.
Has this closed down yet? I just feel this place doesnt stand a chance. Too hidden away
Old 01-12-2017, 10:27 PM
"reluctant buyers"

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Has this closed down yet? I just feel this place doesnt stand a chance. Too hidden away
honkey food. this isn't Peckham with the whites.

jolly sailor now reopen under new management,

happy hour post game
Old 01-12-2017, 11:00 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Have Spoons really closed the Grapes? I do hope not
Old 02-12-2017, 05:09 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Have Spoons really closed the Grapes? I do hope not
Do you mean The Grape and Grain in Upper Norwood/Crystal Palace? If so, yes. It was due to close at the end of last year, but kept going until about a month ago. And yes, I understand that the place is supposed to be becoming a Wetherspoon.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:35 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Do you mean The Grape and Grain in Upper Norwood/Crystal Palace? If so, yes. It was due to close at the end of last year, but kept going until about a month ago. And yes, I understand that the place is supposed to be becoming a Wetherspoon.
No, The Grapes in Sutton, already a Spoons, someone just above said it was shutting
Old 02-12-2017, 07:42 AM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
No, The Grapes in Sutton, already a Spoons, someone just above said it was shutting
that part of Sutton has largely been a hole. I mainly remember it for being a sports bar and being full of Chels' tossers. Last time I was in there the landlady was Pippa who used to be manager in O'Neils Wallington and bloody hard work
Old 02-12-2017, 09:10 AM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Still some good pubs on match days if you look hard enough.The three standouts are The Pawsons,The Lion and the Two Brewers.Three old fashioned back street pubs serving good beer and looking after the punters.A dying breed though......