Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 20-11-2017, 12:33 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post

Always have red with pork
As an aside, I was quite surprised to hear Marcus Wareing praising a chef for using white wine to make his lamb jus on Professional Masterchef last week.

" Heh, Norm! How's life treating you?"

"Like I just ran over his dog."
Old 20-11-2017, 07:07 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
As an aside, I was quite surprised to hear Marcus Wareing praising a chef for using white wine to make his lamb jus on Professional Masterchef last week.
Yes me as well

I did put a bit in the lamb gravy yesterday (only a glass to deglaze the roasting tin).
Old 20-11-2017, 07:32 AM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Very disappointed with Waitrose. Me and the missus used to love their part-boned chicken breasts (2 of us can't eat a whole chicken), and now all they do is breast fillets.

All meats are so much nicer with a bit of bone in them

Going to order the Christmas meat next weekend. No turkey, no ham, just a lovely piece of sirloin, of which we can make baguettes out of the cold cuts. Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire puddings and some locally produced horseradish,...and I'm salivating already
Old 20-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
A lot of ragu recipes use white wine instead of red.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 20-11-2017, 11:20 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
H proper nailed the New Forest Dexter yesterday. It was awesome (unlike the spuds, it’s a long story)

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 21-11-2017, 06:52 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
H proper nailed the New Forest Dexter yesterday. It was awesome (unlike the spuds, it’s a long story)

Ooh that does look rather perfectly cooked. Nice bit of char on the outside and nice and pink in the middle. From I can see of the roasts, they look ok as well.
Peas are always a funny one for me. I really like peas and with some roasts - lamb for one - I think they work. But I just can't bring myself to put them with a Sunday dinner - don't know why.

As an aside my ex girlfriends mum (god rest her soul) used to do garden peas and mushy peas with their (2 joint - usually Beef and pork) Sunday dinners.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:12 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
H proper nailed the New Forest Dexter yesterday. It was awesome (unlike the spuds, itís a long story)

That looks gorgeous, Blind.

" Heh, Norm! How's life treating you?"

"Like I just ran over his dog."
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Some words of advice please?

Got a 2.54kg whole leg of lamb and the label suggests 3.24 Hours which to me seems way to long. We like it medium, how long would you cook it for?
Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM

Shipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShipps@Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I always use this as a guide as opposed to the label instructions. I also reduce the heat as we have a fan oven. Does normally give shorter times than other websites but seems to work for us

Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Great - thank you.