Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 03-12-2017, 07:40 AM

Spindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post

Yummy.
Oh this is a quality How It's Made and has a memory for me. I was round a mates and we watched this, disgusted at the whole thing. When it finished it happened to be late afternoon and we were starving, I said "What's for lunch?"

......"I've only got hot dogs" he replied.

"**** it get 'em on"

We sat there eating the bloody things sayin "meat batter" to each other

(You had to be there)
Old 03-12-2017, 08:14 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
The thing about living in the sticks is you can find the butchers meat a lot easier.
So Christmas is coming the Turkey will come from the farm in the next village if you head North they are free range and I ordered it back in October pick it up 23rd.
Pork inspired by the Bake Off and childhood memories there is the attempt this Christmas on Home Made Pork Pie. The pork will come from Uncle Henry's local pig farm that built a little farm shop to sell its products. Its expanded but for Pork it still remains the best. The sausages and sausage meat are super and I know the meat will be great.What I struggle with it beef.
As an aside trying something else new this year Serrano Ham Leg from Aldi looked great on outside of box brought it yesterday its massive. Will set it up closer to Christmas see how it goes.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:21 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
The thing about living in the sticks is you can find the butchers meat a lot easier.
So Christmas is coming the Turkey will come from the farm in the next village if you head North they are free range and I ordered it back in October pick it up 23rd.
Pork inspired by the Bake Off and childhood memories there is the attempt this Christmas on Home Made Pork Pie. The pork will come from Uncle Henry's local pig farm that built a little farm shop to sell its products. Its expanded but for Pork it still remains the best. The sausages and sausage meat are super and I know the meat will be great.What I struggle with it beef.
As an aside trying something else new this year Serrano Ham Leg from Aldi looked great on outside of box brought it yesterday its massive. Will set it up closer to Christmas see how it goes.
Lincolnshire sauasage. Top stuff mate

I think I will try making a pork pie as well. Christmas morning tradition in my family - home baked ham, pork pie, toast and pickles for breakfast.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:54 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
In my experience as a Londoner, itís more to do with money than just location.

My parents always bought their meat from a local butcher (there are some high quality ones in a London). However, it cost more and I suspect that he survived due to his location in an affluent area where he had a loyal following.

When I moved to the Croydon area I wanted to repeat my childhood experience of free range turkey or goose for Christmas. Back then I found it harder to find here than in London, until we tried the independent butcher in Sanderstead. It costs more than supermarket, but we think itís superior and enjoy the leftover cold slices next day.

Over the years Iíve had several people say theyíre not having turkey cos itís tasteless or dry, but are reluctant to see that their frozen turkey is the issue.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:00 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe drexciyan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Oh this is a quality How It's Made and has a memory for me. I was round a mates and we watched this, disgusted at the whole thing. When it finished it happened to be late afternoon and we were starving, I said "What's for lunch?"

......"I've only got hot dogs" he replied.

"**** it get 'em on"

We sat there eating the bloody things sayin "meat batter" to each other

(You had to be there)
'A dash of corn syrup for sweetness' - whilst they pump gallons of the stuff in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 03-12-2017, 06:32 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaga Eagle View Post
I remember as a kid earning some pocket in my dads shop things like special lights over the meat and powder sprinkled over to make it look redder. NEVER KNEW WHAT THE POWDER WAS,scary to think about it now.
Was most likely salt peter. It's used to stop meat going grey also known as curing salt. Nothing to worry about, that's why cured meat, salt beef, pastrami, etc still has a nice red colour.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:42 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
In my experience as a Londoner, itís more to do with money than just location.

My parents always bought their meat from a local butcher (there are some high quality ones in a London). However, it cost more and I suspect that he survived due to his location in an affluent area where he had a loyal following.

When I moved to the Croydon area I wanted to repeat my childhood experience of free range turkey or goose for Christmas. Back then I found it harder to find here than in London, until we tried the independent butcher in Sanderstead. It costs more than supermarket, but we think itís superior and enjoy the leftover cold slices next day.

Over the years Iíve had several people say theyíre not having turkey cos itís tasteless or dry, but are reluctant to see that their frozen turkey is the issue.
Thats the difference what I will pay for a fresh Turkey is the same as you pay in say Tescos for a fresh one.
Turkey varies but your right is difficult to get a frozen one to taste or be as moist as a fresh one.
For various reasons its unlikely that it will be the big family Christmas dinner this year its very dependent on a few tests this week. However Boxing Day is on the Turkey stayed ordered just because I love Turkey sandwiches. Boxing Day lunch which is probably my favourite festive meal. Pork Pie Ham Turkey will be the centre pieces, a cheese board of local cheese. Creamed mash potatoes a homage to my Dad long gone now Boxing Day was his birthday he also made the greatest mashed potatoes, simple just potatoes butter salt pepper and the top of the milk. Then the pickles and chutneys.
Worksop have you a recipe in mind for the Pork Pie ? There seems to be a few options.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:33 PM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Does anyone remember that butcher in Beckenham. It was a chain. A couple of doors down from Games Workshop when that was around. It always looked bleak and dare I say as bare and as welcoming as a Polish Supermarket in the 70`s. My dad used to go in there to buy meat pies for the dog. The dog died.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:36 PM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyway back in Becks in a few weeks. Whats the sausage shop like near old Furley and Baker
Old 03-12-2017, 10:39 PM
in the 25th Century

You get some bloody good meat here in Oz.
One thing which really bothers me is finding chicken breasts or thighs with skin on.
the skin is the best bit.

I`m also loving the fact the Woolies in Crows Nest sells Chicken Hearts.
Stick that on the BBQ on a skewer after marinading in red wine, smoked paprika and Teriyaki
Old 03-12-2017, 11:02 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thats the difference what I will pay for a fresh Turkey is the same as you pay in say Tescos for a fresh one.
Turkey varies but your right is difficult to get a frozen one to taste or be as moist as a fresh one.
For various reasons its unlikely that it will be the big family Christmas dinner this year its very dependent on a few tests this week. However Boxing Day is on the Turkey stayed ordered just because I love Turkey sandwiches. Boxing Day lunch which is probably my favourite festive meal. Pork Pie Ham Turkey will be the centre pieces, a cheese board of local cheese. Creamed mash potatoes a homage to my Dad long gone now Boxing Day was his birthday he also made the greatest mashed potatoes, simple just potatoes butter salt pepper and the top of the milk. Then the pickles and chutneys.
Worksop have you a recipe in mind for the Pork Pie ? There seems to be a few options.

We all love the cold cuts on Boxing Day...Iíve even suggested eating the main meal Christmas Eve and then having the buffet type meal on Christmas Day.

That idea was dismissed by others, inevitably those who donít do the actual cooking though. Although I do walk off and leave the washing-up to others.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:16 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Pete View Post
Anyway back in Becks in a few weeks. Whats the sausage shop like near old Furley and Baker
It's alright. I bought some venison sausages a couple of months ago to make a lightly richer ragu for pasta.

It's the same with all butchers when it comes to sausages; they all pride themselves on their creations, but all anyone really wants are plain sausages, and not stupidly lean like Tesco bloody finest.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:00 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Pete View Post
Does anyone remember that butcher in Beckenham. It was a chain. A couple of doors down from Games Workshop when that was around. It always looked bleak and dare I say as bare and as welcoming as a Polish Supermarket in the 70`s. My dad used to go in there to buy meat pies for the dog. The dog died.
Kennedyís
Old 04-12-2017, 06:27 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

Iím going to try a Rick Stein recipe at the weekend and see how that pans out.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Iím going to try a Rick Stein recipe at the weekend and see how that pans out.
Let me know I am thinking of testing the Hairy Bikers or Delia Smith
Old 04-12-2017, 08:39 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
Let me know I am thinking of testing the Hairy Bikers or Delia Smith
Will do

Yeah remember seeing the HB doing that on tv