Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:41 PM

Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by X75 View Post
A keeper and a striker will have been scouted and planned for.
I very much doubt it.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:48 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
Despite their win yesterday I wouldn't rule out Hughes getting the shove at Stoke - and Pulis making a glorious return to the potteries
Swansea surely
Old 03-12-2017, 11:49 PM

Pete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
In January every club knows we will be desperate so the prices will inflate.
But do prices inflate? I know its received wisdom but how do you measure it? In the summer more than half the teams in the PL were desperate for signings in order to either win the league, win a CL spot or avoid relegation. I don't see what changes in January except that every team has less to spend. Everyone is desperate all the time. And not only to buy but also to sell. We should be desperate to sell Mutch, Kelly, Ladapo, Lee, Puncheon et al (that's not to say that anyone would want them). There are surely good players from clubs desperate to sell that can be targeted by us? Arguably a team adrift at the bottom has a hightened level of desperation relative to the teams above but I don't think we'll be in that situation.

Last edited by Pete79; 04-12-2017 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:02 AM

Pete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My worry isn't the cost of players in january but the ability of the club to identify the right ones. The benefit of now having played 15 games is that we can begin to assess our summers work. Obviously we all know about the lack of forward and keeper having not re-signed Campbell or replaced Mandanda but what else?

We re-signed Delaney. It was likely cheap but nevertheless its difficult to know the reasoning. We now know that Puncheon is done, whereas I think he was considered by the club to be good enough for the first 11. This error has left us light in the middle. It was presumably also thought that TFM would be a starter at right back. His inability to get games makes it a wasted loan. Ridewald was supposed to be a hybrid CB/DM but also has got nowhere near the starting 11 despite injuries. In my view the jury is still out on RLC. There's some promising attacking play that nevertheless doesn't link up well with our other attacking players. He also lacks effort in defence and clearly needs to practice this (perhaps, given he plays for Chelsea, he's used to his teams having more of the ball). We extended Zaha’s contract which was clearly good business. Sakho is beginning to play like last year and was a good signing despite the cost.

We failed to move on Mutch, Sako or Lee. Of course we may not have had much control over that.

So overall our summer’s work set us back futher after narrowly escaping relegation last year. Its good that Luka and Schlupp are proving, on the whole, to be good signings. The point here isn’t to moan about the failings but rather ask the question – will the club get it right next month? Dougie is in place and has had plenty of time to scout players along with a clear list of needs and understanding of the money available. It will be interesting to see how our approach differs to that of the summer.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:29 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
Despite their win yesterday I wouldn't rule out Hughes getting the shove at Stoke - and Pulis making a glorious return to the potteries
The fans really hate him - not usually much coming back from that position. Just had 20 quid at 6/1 at bet Victor for next managerial casualty.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:18 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
In January every club knows we will be desperate so the prices will inflate.
Pva, Schlupp fees spring to mind...
Old 04-12-2017, 09:02 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
I still don't think we will go down, but even the most pessimistic should surely agree when our away goals tally exceeds Lewis Dunk's own goals?
Old 04-12-2017, 09:03 AM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
My worry isn't the cost of players in january but the ability of the club to identify the right ones. The benefit of now having played 15 games is that we can begin to assess our summers work. Obviously we all know about the lack of forward and keeper having not re-signed Campbell or replaced Mandanda but what else?

We re-signed Delaney. It was likely cheap but nevertheless its difficult to know the reasoning. We now know that Puncheon is done, whereas I think he was considered by the club to be good enough for the first 11. This error has left us light in the middle. It was presumably also thought that TFM would be a starter at right back. His inability to get games makes it a wasted loan. Ridewald was supposed to be a hybrid CB/DM but also has got nowhere near the starting 11 despite injuries. In my view the jury is still out on RLC. There's some promising attacking play that nevertheless doesn't link up well with our other attacking players. He also lacks effort in defence and clearly needs to practice this (perhaps, given he plays for Chelsea, he's used to his teams having more of the ball). We extended Zaha’s contract which was clearly good business. Sakho is beginning to play like last year and was a good signing despite the cost.

We failed to move on Mutch, Sako or Lee. Of course we may not have had much control over that.

So overall our summer’s work set us back futher after narrowly escaping relegation last year. Its good that Luka and Schlupp are proving, on the whole, to be good signings. The point here isn’t to moan about the failings but rather ask the question – will the club get it right next month? Dougie is in place and has had plenty of time to scout players along with a clear list of needs and understanding of the money available. It will be interesting to see how our approach differs to that of the summer.
I just hope the board listen to Roy & back him in Jan.

If he walked out like SA & TP it would be a disaster!
Old 04-12-2017, 09:03 AM

BillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Pva, Schlupp fees spring to mind...
Would probably get your money back on those two. Maximum 10% haircut I would think.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:02 PM
Faster.

jimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post

I think, if someone like Roy felt he had to resign (if he can keep us up), then there really would need to be some fingers pointed in the direction of the board.

I don't think it's that likely and hope that he is backed fully in the window (but not with two overpriced left backs). Knowing us, we'll end up signed 2 keepers, 3 strikers and our entire defence will break down injured showing up our 'squad depth'.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:26 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Roy won't walk out. He has integrity. Something seriously lacking with some of our previous managers.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:35 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

You say it like managers don’t get backed here! That’s a bbs myth. We’ve spent a ******* fortune
Old 04-12-2017, 12:57 PM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
You say it like managers don’t get backed here! That’s a bbs myth. We’ve spent a ******* fortune
Indeed, no matter how many times the figures get rolled out to show just how much our managers have been backed, the usual few will claim otherwise
Old 05-12-2017, 11:29 PM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAW View Post
Points earned after first 15 games in each our five seasons in the EPL:

Source: To view the link you have to Register or Login

2013-14: 13
2014-15: 14
2015-16: 23
2016-17: 15
2017-18: 10
I misunderstood your post and thought you were giving the number of points earned after the first 15 games, as in, points earned from matchday 16 until 38.

By the way, that stat is:

2013/14: 32
2014/15: 34
2015/16: 27
2016/17: 31

Applying any of those tallies to this season would put us on 42, 44, 37, or 41 points.

If we can turn it around like we did in every season prior, and this side certainly has the quality to do so, then we should survive.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:52 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Would probably get your money back on those two. Maximum 10% haircut I would think.
That would take some doing. I can see Sam buying PvA and us maybe getting £10m. I'd rip their arm off for that.

I'd keep Schlupp but doubt anyone would pay more than £7-8m for him. Especially when you think of the price Gibbs went for.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:09 AM

HRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
That would take some doing. I can see Sam buying PvA and us maybe getting £10m. I'd rip their arm off for that.

I'd keep Schlupp but doubt anyone would pay more than £7-8m for him. Especially when you think of the price Gibbs went for.
Bolasie will be back playing for Palace next season so a swap deal wouldn't surprise me
Old 06-12-2017, 08:11 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
Bolasie will be back playing for Palace next season so a swap deal wouldn't surprise me
Old 06-12-2017, 08:34 AM

stevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Would love to see him back - we've missed him big time
Old 06-12-2017, 08:36 AM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedb55 View Post
Would love to see him back - we've missed him big time
Big upgrade on Townsend.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
We can but dream!