Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-11-2017, 10:05 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Had a banging pork cheek ragu tonight. Technically not a stew or casserole, but it was slow cooked so if any of you lot complain you can kiss my sweet ass.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 19-11-2017, 10:42 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Had a banging pork cheek ragu tonight. Technically not a stew or casserole, but it was slow cooked so if any of you lot complain you can kiss my sweet ass.
Well I do have a complaint....

I didn't get to try any !
Old 19-11-2017, 11:06 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Well I do have a complaint....

I didn't get to try any !
Sounds a bit like you're trying to groom me. And it's working.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:47 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Bored

Had a Kashmiri Butter chicken curry going in the slow cooker since half 11 this
morning. Smells and tastes marvellous. Silly me, when I went to Sainsbury’s to get the stuff, I forgot to get the cream to stir in just before serving. Which means I’ll have to walk down to ‘little Sainsbury’s’ to get some in a bit. Which happens to be next door to my local boozer. Oh dear. What shall I do.......

God I’m a genius
Old 07-12-2017, 04:57 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Made a Carbonnade earlier this week (Belgian stew, beef slowly braised with onions in beer). Used beef shin and Magic Rock Surreal Stout, very slowly cooked for about four hours. Fantastic stuff.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Made a Carbonnade earlier this week (Belgian stew, beef slowly braised with onions in beer). Used beef shin and Magic Rock Surreal Stout, very slowly cooked for about four hours. Fantastic stuff.
Couldn't help but notice that boned and rolled shin is only £13.00 for a 1.5kg joint at T&G at the moment, which is great value.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:47 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pheasant in cider tonight. Browned off the pheasant in oil and butter; sweated off some onions, bacon, celery, apple and a few herbs; returned the pheasant to the pan and poured over some cider and chicken stock. Cooked for about half an hour, reduced the liquid and added a little bit of cream.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:33 PM

pef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Fish Stew

I love bouillabaisse and similar but here is a quick alternative

50ml olive oil
250g king prawns
240g white fish, cut into large chunks
200g mussels, cleaned with beards removed
200g cockles in vinegar, (use another 200g of mussels if not available)
2 large white potatoes, peeled and evenly diced
1.6l fish stock, hot
a few saffron strands in the stock
1tbsp smoked paprika
1/2tsp cayenne pepper
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper

Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Add the potatoes and cook for a few minutes. Add the stock and paprika and stir well. Bring to the boil, then add the mussels, cockles fish and prawns.

Reduce the heat and simmer very gently for 10 minutes. Discard bad mussels and cockles that haven't opened.

Season using the cayenne pepper, lemon juice and seasoning.

You can always add additional Pernod and fennel and serve with bread and rou

"When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support."
Old 05-02-2018, 02:46 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Had some extra chicken leg quarters from the weekend, so decided to do a makeshift chicken casserole. Seared the legs in olive oil and seasonings, threw them in the crock pot, cut up some carrots and potatoes, seared them in the same pan as the chicken. Did the same with some onions, celery, green pepper and garlic.

Will throw in some mushrooms near the end of the cooking, then eat the ******.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:03 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Old 05-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Where’s gravy our kid ?

And are they frozen carrots I spy ?

Other than that, looks alreet
Old 05-02-2018, 07:34 PM
Benevolence personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Where’s gravy our kid ?

And are they frozen carrots I spy ?

Other than that, looks alreet
Fresh baby carrots, gravy was at the bottom because it was the beginning of cooking, now most the pot is full of chicken juice
Old 06-02-2018, 03:09 PM

pef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkpef sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Spanish Braised Chicken from the hairy biker Mediterranean book, should be on TV this week.

"When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support."
Old 06-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Pant wetting Mavis

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Fancy doing a sausage casserole in the slow cooker.

Anyone have a decent recipe?
Old 06-02-2018, 04:38 PM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post

I've never really got sausage casserole. Half the joy of a sausage is biting the crispy outside into a nice soft warm inside. Casseroling them makes the skin all rubbery and chewy.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:49 PM

BB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Three sausage casserole

Fry chorizo to get the oil out and then add onions, celery and garlic. Grill/Roast some ordinary sausages to get some colour on the skin and then chop up and add to the onions/chorizo mix. Spinkle over some smoked paprika, chilli powder and mustard powder. Add some polish smoked sausage (chopped), plenty of baked beans, fresh thyme and brown sugar and the hot pepper sauce of your choice, with plenty of black pepper.

Cook in the oven or slow cooker for as long as you like (but preferably at least an hour in the oven). Sefve with hot bread or something to mop up the sauce with.

There may be better comfort food than this, but I havent found it yet.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:57 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Bob View Post
Three sausage casserole

Fry chorizo to get the oil out and then add onions, celery and garlic. Grill/Roast some ordinary sausages to get some colour on the skin and then chop up and add to the onions/chorizo mix. Spinkle over some smoked paprika, chilli powder and mustard powder. Add some polish smoked sausage (chopped), plenty of baked beans, fresh thyme and brown sugar and the hot pepper sauce of your choice, with plenty of black pepper.

Cook in the oven or slow cooker for as long as you like (but preferably at least an hour in the oven). Sefve with hot bread or something to mop up the sauce with.

There may be better comfort food than this, but I havent found it yet.
I got indigestion reading that.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:05 PM

BB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You wont be running for the bus after it, thats for sure....
Old 06-02-2018, 07:00 PM

Twiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
sausage overload ))))))
Old 06-02-2018, 07:06 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post

Google cassoulet or fabada.