Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 20-11-2017, 04:14 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
We’ve just seen this and we both felt there were certain train scenes that looked too much like a toy train track. So we found the CGI disappointing in places.

However, the snow scenes were beautiful, so maybe that’s what you’re referring to?

Great, thought-provoking script. Kenneth Brannagh excellent, but I was initially distracted by how much he looks like Fred, the restaurant manager in First Dates.
Yes, I know what you mean. I thought the alpine scenery was great, although apparently most of the film was shot in Dorking........yes, Dorking! so I guess most of it was CGI.
Incredible what they can do these days.
Old 22-11-2017, 04:06 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hidden Figures : 7/10. A brief tour of NASA's inglorious past.

Seems that avoiding sharing facilities with "coloureds" was more important than the mission at hand.

What a hapless bunch of racist silly-billys our American friends used to be, glad that's all fixed now, though.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:58 PM

cappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As I watch roughly five films a week, I should contribute more to this.

The Ring 2 (2005).
An overlong, unoriginal sequel to a pretty engrossing first film. Theres a few shocks but despite the presence of fine actresses Naomi Watts, Elizabeth Perkins and Sissy Spacek and the obvious eye candy of Ms Watts its a 5 outof 10.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:55 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Scandal - 7/10. Late 80s movie about the 60s Pofumo affair that rocked the UK government. Well made British movie and well acted by a great cast included the guy from The Fine Young Cannibals.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:03 AM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
We're the millers. Older movie with Jennifer Anniston looking ultra sexy. Frickin hilarious 8/10

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 07-12-2017, 10:21 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Boy

Funny as **** and loads of heart to go with it. Taika Waititi is probably the funniest writer/director/actor out there at the moment. I can't remember a film where all of us laughed out loud throughout a film, apart from maybe Hunt for the Wilderpeople, aptly enough.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:19 AM

Fedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFedora69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Boy

Funny as **** and loads of heart to go with it. Taika Waititi is probably the funniest writer/director/actor out there at the moment. I can't remember a film where all of us laughed out loud throughout a film, apart from maybe Hunt for the Wilderpeople, aptly enough.
Thanks for this, loved H for the W and hadn't heard of this.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:05 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
finally seen Dunkirk, thought it was brilliant. The use of sound to build tension and the lack of dialogue worked very well as did the out of order timeline that joined together at the end. 9/10
Old 08-12-2017, 06:13 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedora69 View Post
Thanks for this, loved H for the W and hadn't heard of this.
This one's more comedy/drama with a hint of slapstick, than adventure/comedy. It's very silly in places, which I like.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:39 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Does anyone know when the Oxted Everyman cinema is going to reopen?

I know it closed for the summer to be refurbished and was due to reopen in October. But I can’t find an on-line listing of their current films, so assume it’s still shut?

I hope it’s going to be OK.
Supposed to be in a week or two I believe

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 09-12-2017, 09:49 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Big Sick - True story about an Asian comedian meeting a girl, falls in love and then she falls into a coma. Some great and subtle culture clash comedy, reminiscent of East is East. 8/10

Birth of the Dragon - Based on a mythical fight between Bruce Lee and a legendary Shaolin Monk, Wong Jack Man. Starts ok, then just gets poor. Fight scenes are rather meh...but my lad liked it. 5/10

Daddys Home - Forced to watch this with the kids last week....more confirmation that Will Ferrels major contribution to comedy will be when he karks it. Dire. -10/10
Old Yesterday, 01:09 AM

cappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Persuasion (2007) A made for TV version of the Jane Austen novel, a hit thin on plot, but witty with Anthony Head getting some of the best lines, and a fantastic lead performance from Sally Hawkins. Good camerawork and excellent Bath locations too.7/10
Old Yesterday, 01:19 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Big Sick - True story about an Asian comedian meeting a girl, falls in love and then she falls into a coma. Some great and subtle culture clash comedy, reminiscent of East is East. 8/10
Have that on my purchase list.
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
We watched this tonight, but didn't realise it was a true story, let alone the lead played himself until the very end. Agree with your score.
Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yeah also really enjoyed Big Sick

Watched 'A Man Called Ove' last night, brilliant film, think it won best foreign film Oscar, basically the story of a grumpy Swedish guy (it's in Swedish). Wife was in bits, I definitely got something in my eye

Old Yesterday, 11:57 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
'Shot Caller' starring Jaime Lannister and The Punisher.

Just about avoids becoming silly in places, and succeeds in being an enjoyable prison gang romp.