Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:26 PM

Sticky Pete knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSticky Pete knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSticky Pete knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSticky Pete knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSticky Pete knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSticky Pete knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSticky Pete knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSticky Pete knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSticky Pete knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSticky Pete knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSticky Pete knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumie Allan View Post
I think if it's an obvious mistake the decision will be overturned if it takes a number of views in slow mo and still not sure the referees original decision will stand.
He hasn't always made a decision though. He can call for a review to have another look at an incident and THEN decide.

Non-decisions will be interesting as well - when he doesn't give something and allows play to continue, then gets a bloke in is ear saying "err...you might want to pop over and have a look at that again squire". Presumably the ball will have to go dead first though, and who knows what could happen during that time...

Its going to get complicated.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:47 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Pete View Post
He hasn't always made a decision though. He can call for a review to have another look at an incident and THEN decide.

Non-decisions will be interesting as well - when he doesn't give something and allows play to continue, then gets a bloke in is ear saying "err...you might want to pop over and have a look at that again squire". Presumably the ball will have to go dead first though, and who knows what could happen during that time...

Its going to get complicated.
Will the Brighton fans just leave at half time instead?
Old 08-12-2017, 08:13 AM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There will still be 'wrongs' with VAR just in different areas. If people want to blame officials they will regardless.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:16 AM

newish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why always us?
Old 08-12-2017, 08:37 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by newish eagle View Post
Why always us?
Can't help but think everyone thinks this about their club.

Everton said the same when they were on the end of the first retrospective action for Niasse's dive
Old 08-12-2017, 08:38 AM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
definitely guilty even before the trial
Old 08-12-2017, 10:57 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
My main issue with these technological advances is that it creates a two tier system at different levels of the game. I recognise that it is impractical to roll these things out throughout the game, but it doesn't seem fair to me.
The simplicity of the game is also what makes it so attractive, as do the instances of human error.
If it ain't broke.....
Old 08-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Can't see the Brighton fans being happy with this. Especially on a school night.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:36 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
How does this work? Does the game stop while the main ref looks at it, or does the 4th official review it while the ball is live?

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 08-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Wilf might get a foul at last
Old 08-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Pete View Post
VARS can only be used to review:

Goals
Straight red cards
Penalty decisions
Mistaken identity

All well and good if the decision is a clear cut one, but the fun will start when its one of those borderline jobbies where its a tough call even after multiple viewings. Personally I think its going to cause more problems than it solves.
Seems to work in Rugby League but its means less try's and therefore probably less goals.

I've heard Fergy repeat "there was contact" after so many games, I hope contact is not going to be the basis of the decision.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:54 PM

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
It will improve the game, all for it.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:09 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hopefully they use it more frugally than the hapless Australian Refs here in the A league.

There have been two incidents now where it has spoiled games, and that's after just 10 games into the season. The most glaring one was in The Sydney FC V WSW game. Where during a melee in the penalty area someone handled the ball. The penalty was given, however, they wanted to be sure they had the exact right player to book for the handball. So here we have a player waiting over the penalty spot for over 90 seconds in front of the baying opposition WSW supporters, nerves building and building, whilst the ref waited for confirmation that he had booked the correct player. The penalty was missed.

Now would you like to stand in front of the penalty spot in front of this lot for 90 seconds .... Doubt if many players would cope, chucking stuff in the air and manic flag waving from the whole end.... plus the sides !

Happened again last night to Melbourne Victory, but to a lesser degree same scenario, checking to see if they booked the right player for a foul. Only this time it was a free kick, right in front of goal just outside the penalty area. Another 90 second delay.

Last edited by ozzieEagle; 08-12-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:09 PM
For ancient football

Granada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
It will improve the game, all for it.
Agreed.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:22 PM

GanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgins View Post
How does this work? Does the game stop while the main ref looks at it, or does the 4th official review it while the ball is live?
I saw it used for Japan v Brazil and the game just continued as usual. When the ball goes out or there is a natural stoppage, if the video ref has seen something he calls the ref over and he deals with it. In the game I saw the ref awarded Brazil a penalty for a clear foul during the previous corner. He also booked Neymar for an elbow that the ref had missed.

It worked well with minimal interruptions.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:33 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanbareWashi View Post
I saw it used for Japan v Brazil and the game just continued as usual. When the ball goes out or there is a natural stoppage, if the video ref has seen something he calls the ref over and he deals with it. In the game I saw the ref awarded Brazil a penalty for a clear foul during the previous corner. He also booked Neymar for an elbow that the ref had missed.

It worked well with minimal interruptions.
Cant see it working quite as well once you introduce our officials into the equation.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:08 PM

GanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betrayGanbareWashi is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Cant see it working quite as well once you introduce our officials into the equation.

Fair point
Old 08-12-2017, 11:26 PM

exiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Duffy Dunk Stephens and Bruno won't be able to shove Wilf over double handed now.
But I think they will.

From what I understand it will only be used if a peno is wrongly given and not for what should have been a peno.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:52 PM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Will the Snicko be utilized to confirm Dunk got the final touch on an own goal?
Old 16-12-2017, 01:20 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's caused problems again in the A league again this weekend. A missed off the ball incident that would have almost certainly been a red card missed, where the player in front ran his studs down the shins of a Melbourne City player. Cue 10 mins later, that same Melbourne City player pulled up on the VAR, obviously still bloody dead annoyed at his treatment being sent off for an flying elbow incident on the opposition.

So VAR is very harsh and if used inconsistently, even more, unfair than refs mistakes.

The player concerned is no relation of Kevin Muscat BTW, just the same surname.

To view the link you have to Register or Login