Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-11-2017, 11:42 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Excellent news. You should work until mid December and then go to Australia for Christmas.
Old 16-11-2017, 07:36 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Has anyone else read "Why Am I Still Depressed?"?

Was recommended it by my therapist who thinks I should be seeking a psychiatric diagnosis on bipolar behaviour before looking at medication. Was frighteningly familiar so wondered whether anyone else had experience...
Old 17-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Semi retired idiot

penguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepenguin7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have a progressive medical condition which has stopped me from working for over a year now. I feel totally lost being unable to do a job I loved, and the illness has also meant a normal social life is difficult. Months of communication with the DWP has failed to bring me any benefits, so I have financial worries too.

During a routine appointment, my GP told me she believed I was seriously depressed. My initial reaction was to deny it, thinking I was simply dealing with my problems as well as I could. I reluctantly took the prescribed Citalopram with little faith that it would help, as it would not affect the root cause of my troubles. But since then I have started to believe she is right. I get strangely emotional for little reason, feeling tearful or laughing at stupid things on TV etc.

After seeing various consultants at hospital for regular checks, I became used to being told that my condition was getting worse but nothing could be done. However on my last appointment I saw a doctor who actually seemed genuinely interested. And have now been referred to a surgeon at Papworth Hospital for a possible operation.

On Monday I had a phone call from my local bank, a lady trying to get me to switch my mortgage to them. I told her that she was wasting her time as I had two mortgages which I may struggle to repay in the future due to not being able to work. She was amazingly sympathetic and asked about my illness, so I told her about my appointment at Papworth.

The following day the postman arrived with a large parcel, it was an enormous box of chocolates... "Wishing you all the very best and good luck with your appointment on Thursday. From all the staff at NatWest Thetford."

The empathy of that doctor and the thoughtfulness of those people at the bank are far better treatment for depression than any medication.

PS. My appointment was postponed at the last moment until next week, as the surgeon was called away for an emergency operation. But I am still feeling optimistic.
Old 17-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin7 View Post
I have a progressive medical condition which has stopped me from working for over a year now. I feel totally lost being unable to do a job I loved, and the illness has also meant a normal social life is difficult. Months of communication with the DWP has failed to bring me any benefits, so I have financial worries too.

During a routine appointment, my GP told me she believed I was seriously depressed. My initial reaction was to deny it, thinking I was simply dealing with my problems as well as I could. I reluctantly took the prescribed Citalopram with little faith that it would help, as it would not affect the root cause of my troubles. But since then I have started to believe she is right. I get strangely emotional for little reason, feeling tearful or laughing at stupid things on TV etc.

After seeing various consultants at hospital for regular checks, I became used to being told that my condition was getting worse but nothing could be done. However on my last appointment I saw a doctor who actually seemed genuinely interested. And have now been referred to a surgeon at Papworth Hospital for a possible operation.

On Monday I had a phone call from my local bank, a lady trying to get me to switch my mortgage to them. I told her that she was wasting her time as I had two mortgages which I may struggle to repay in the future due to not being able to work. She was amazingly sympathetic and asked about my illness, so I told her about my appointment at Papworth.

The following day the postman arrived with a large parcel, it was an enormous box of chocolates... "Wishing you all the very best and good luck with your appointment on Thursday. From all the staff at NatWest Thetford."

The empathy of that doctor and the thoughtfulness of those people at the bank are far better treatment for depression than any medication.

PS. My appointment was postponed at the last moment until next week, as the surgeon was called away for an emergency operation. But I am still feeling optimistic.
That is a nice gesture from NW bank - Sky sent my mum in law a massive bouquet of flowers when she rang with a problem and got chatting and told them about my father in laws heart by pass op.

Anyway, good luck with everything. Hope you feel better and get the treatment you need
Old 07-12-2017, 02:09 AM
Jack Bauer

Highbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for you
I woke up the other morning to my partner asking me why my t-shirt I wear to bed was in the fridge. Only possible explanation is the Mirtazapine I was taking didnít agree with the red wine I had been drinking and I got confused. A lesson that anti depressants and alcohol donít mix.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:10 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
Dear I'm heading down the hill once again.
I hate my job I received temporary promotion but the funding for the project was withdrawn and I'm back on the hamster wheel again. I also disagree with the organisation I work for and feel dirty knowing I'm working for a government that I not only fundamentally disagree with but are incompetent.
I can't leave my job as I have a family to support.
Feel utterly trapped and want to run away but know where ever I end up I will still wake up as myself and that's the person I really need to get away from.
It's been a long time since so felt like this but I'm begining to think that guy at East Croydon on Monday had the right idea
Old 07-12-2017, 06:28 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by civil eagle View Post
I hate my job I received temporary promotion but the funding for the project was withdrawn and I'm back on the hamster wheel again. I also disagree with the organisation I work for and feel dirty knowing I'm working for a government that I not only fundamentally disagree with but are incompetent.
Feel utterly trapped and want to run away but know where ever I end up I will still wake up as myself and that's the person I really need to get away from.
It's been a long time since so felt like this but I'm begining to think that guy at East Croydon on Monday had the right idea
Take control of it. Put yourself out there for something new.

I've been where you are. Get your CV sorted, start doing some searches and speak to some recruitment consultants.

The reality is someone out there is looking for you, they want to put you in a really good job.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:42 PM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I have just this minute replied about some comment you made on the Brexit thread but this is so much more important. Health is king and you must get that supported. Anxiety/Depression is wide spread. You owe it to yourself and your family to change your life. Do something to change your life style for a start..Running, Bird watching or whatever may help. What would you do that would give you the income to support your family. Any other career changes at work? I hope you have talked to your wife and family.

Talking will get you the other side but irrespective you owe it to your wife and family not to do anything stupid.

Not sure that being on here or as a Palace fan is very good for you.
ps Breathing exercises are good for you.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:36 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hi mate

Sorry to hear about your woes

Iíve no real advice of any note but when I get those thoughts about my job I just try and think about my wife and kids. They really donít care what I do. They donít care what I earn. All they want is for things to be Ďokí in their world. Itís a job - life is so much bigger than a job. Change it or secretly stick 2 fingers up to it and just live life with what it provides

Probably no help but happy to talk by PM or whatever mate. Youíre not on your own pal
Old 07-12-2017, 11:04 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
So I've pretty much destroyed my life tonight the worst thing (other than wasting vital public resources) is that at I've done the one thing I promised myself I never would do and that's become a snivilling arsehole like my father someone who my daughter will never be able to look at without feeling ashamed off
Old 07-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
So I've pretty much destroyed my life tonight the worst thing (other than wasting vital public resources) is that at I've done the one thing I promised myself I never would do and that's become a snivilling arsehole like my father someone who my daughter will never be able to look at without feeling ashamed off
Mate have some time off work and spend it with your family. Whats the worst work will do? Say you've hit a trigger point? Boo hoo. Take care of yourself, thats all that matters.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 07-12-2017, 11:23 PM
or maybe not so civil

I doubt my family want anything to do with me I wouldn't
Old 07-12-2017, 11:23 PM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You are not well, phone up your work and tell them that. Phone your surgery for an Urgent appointment, ask for a sick note and ask to urgently speak to a counsellor,
Your daughter will understand you are not well and at the end of your tether. Talk to her and give her a cuddle, she understands that dads can get ill.

Your not alone because you come here to seek help.

Start tomorrow how you intend to live your life from now on.

ps Kids are very resourceful. Saying sorry if you need to is a strength not a weakness.

Last edited by Harry Bassett; 07-12-2017 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:49 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Old 08-12-2017, 03:50 PM
or maybe not so civil

Thanks for the help last night.
Wouldn't say I'm in a great place but getting help & family are standing by me