Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 30-12-2017, 08:02 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
TBH I didnt think Holly Walsh brought anything to the Christmas party.

Unless you are fixated by having minor celebs on, I wouldnt bother in the future.

She may have ticked a few boxes, but none of them were really Palace related.
I would rather here from a comedian that has been through it all as a Palace supporter,
and has some understanding of what football is about.

I liked Holly and she seems a nice lady but did I really hear right when she said to Hambo “if we got relegated would you still buy a season ticket”?! Wtf
Old 30-12-2017, 02:48 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I liked Holly and she seems a nice lady but did I really hear right when she said to Hambo “if we got relegated would you still buy a season ticket”?! Wtf
Exactly, even Hambo must have thought - mmmmm newbie alert.
Old 30-12-2017, 02:49 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Double bubble portions of Speroni on Hol and FYP was a nice touch.
Old 30-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Voice of Back of the Nest

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Double bubble portions of Speroni on Hol and FYP was a nice touch.
Jim was good enough to let ours go out first too, which was hugely appreciated. Really enjoyed their work on that one too.

I would have guested on the FYP post match pod this week but unfortunately had a pretty terrible doctors appointment before I was due to head off to the arsenal game and had to go home and sit in a dark room until my blood pressure went down instead!

Hope to join Jim for one soon though.

As for the pod guests - We had a collection of different types of guests to try and have a bit for everyone. All the feedback is appreciated and we knew that not everything would entertain all.

We’ll have a review show coming up for the Southampton game as Diyar, Ed and I will be braving the south coast together. Preview show is back for the Brighton cup game I believe. Enjoying a break but also looking forward to being back.

Itunes: www.holradio.net/itunes

XBOX ONE gamertag : HAMBO x1980x
Old 05-01-2018, 12:58 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The latest Preview Pod went up last night, in case anyone hasn't heard it.

We discuss VAR, the Weed game and my crushing pessimism. I'm going to be joining Terence on the Preview Pod from now on, so I will apologise in advance for being a miserable bugger and also for my awful nasal voice.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 08-01-2018, 10:17 AM

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Our latest podcast is quick review of the Christmas talking points before we return with the live show next week.

One of our newbies, Les Jeal, makes his debut: To view the link you have to Register or Login

A voice from the past has rejoined the team and we’ve got a whole bunch of new applicants to work through on the near future too as we look to add more range to the debate.

Old 12-01-2018, 01:24 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbjekt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This week's Preview Podcast is now available to listen to and download.

We talk about the game against the south coast minnows, the multitude of transfer rumours floating about and the upcoming match against Burnley.

Here is the ever-important link: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-01-2018, 05:55 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
Our latest podcast is quick review of the Christmas talking points before we return with the live show next week.

One of our newbies, Les Jeal, makes his debut: To view the link you have to Register or Login

A voice from the past has rejoined the team and we’ve got a whole bunch of new applicants to work through on the near future too as we look to add more range to the debate.
Listened today. Another excellent Podcast.

If I were to make a minor criticism, the debutant made some very good points, but he did have a tendency to say the same thing two or three times in succession rather monopolising the conversation. However, this really is a minor point and I hope he will be returning in future Pods.
Old 13-01-2018, 05:13 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Listened today. Another excellent Podcast.

If I were to make a minor criticism, the debutant made some very good points, but he did have a tendency to say the same thing two or three times in succession rather monopolising the conversation. However, this really is a minor point and I hope he will be returning in future Pods.
James, are you sure you didn’t keep hitting the 15 second rewind button by accident?

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 15-01-2018, 10:05 PM

justjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is here
Holmesdale Radio Podcast - 2017/2018

Thanks for the latest podcast. Not sure if it's just me but the sound quality has gone a bit "thin" on the last two.

Last edited by justjuice; 15-01-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Old 16-01-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjuice View Post
Thanks for the latest podcast. Not sure if it's just me but the sound quality has gone a bit "thin" on the last two.
Thanks for that - we switched from Skype because it’s getting steadily less stable but having some teething troubles with audio on google hangouts. Will see what we can do.

Old 18-01-2018, 01:16 PM
Slip it!

Afternoon all, the new Preview Pod is now up where we discuss Arsenal, including views from the opposition fan and I predict Martin Kelly will score on Saturday.

Find the lunacy here: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-01-2018, 07:01 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abjekt View Post
Afternoon all, the new Preview Pod is now up where we discuss Arsenal, including views from the opposition fan and I predict Martin Kelly will score on Saturday.

Find the lunacy here: To view the link you have to Register or Login
That Arsenal fan was far too sensible and normal. Could you not get Ty, Kelechi or Troopz blud?

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 19-01-2018, 08:30 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
That Arsenal fan was far too sensible and normal. Could you not get Ty, Kelechi or Troopz blud?
I found him quite interesting to listen to. He sounds like most of the arsenal fans i know with that cockney kindness tinged with a bit of patronising.

I thought terence was a little frosty with him to be honest. Sounded a bit awkward and thought terence could have been a bit more welcoming and touch less defensive. I know he tended towards giving his view on palace rather than his view on arsenal but still.
Old 19-01-2018, 11:20 AM
9dw

Roadblock will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRoadblock will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRoadblock will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRoadblock will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRoadblock will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRoadblock will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRoadblock will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRoadblock will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRoadblock will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRoadblock will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRoadblock will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I found him quite interesting to listen to. He sounds like most of the arsenal fans i know with that cockney kindness tinged with a bit of patronising.

I thought terence was a little frosty with him to be honest. Sounded a bit awkward and thought terence could have been a bit more welcoming and touch less defensive. I know he tended towards giving his view on palace rather than his view on arsenal but still.
It sounded to me like Terence was trying to end the segment as he thought he'd be pushed for time due to the arsenal fan having a lot to say, rather than being put out by what he said.

The arsenal fan went a bit off-piste (was more conversational than the usual structured Q&A style you get the oppo fan segment of the show), which made it more interesting but might have thrown Terence a bit.
Old 20-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Slip it!

To be fair to Terence, the Arsenal fan was talking for quite a long time when we were recording, mostly about Theo Walcott's deficiencies, so I think Billiam chopped some of that out for the final version.

I've not managed to listen to the finished pod yet (hearing my own voice is difficult, ha) but yeah basically we had to sort of be a bit more direct to end the segment.
Old 20-01-2018, 11:14 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Typical Arsenal, fannying about
Old 22-01-2018, 02:18 AM

holradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Arsenal Review

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Live Review Show: Sundays 8pm
Preview Podcast: Released Wednesday/Thursday evenings
Old 22-01-2018, 05:26 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Very proud of you guys discussing depression and male suicide on this episode. Excellent stuff
Old 22-01-2018, 06:22 AM

6,000 a year.