Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-12-2017, 01:07 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
The fixture scheduling has been unkind to us in terms of the gap between Arsenal to city and then city to Southampton. I can't see how Roy has any chance but to rest half a team against City.
Absolutely, crazy to do anything else
Old 28-12-2017, 01:08 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
See quitea few relegation teams leave normal starters out of games over xmas swansea done it at liverpool newcastle at home to city seems like there aiming at more winnable games can see us bringing ln puncheon tfm sako pva reidewald maybe some 23s in squad
Old 28-12-2017, 04:36 PM

Lee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
Lucky Coppell and his players didnít have this attitude before the Liverpool FA Cup semi-final. Or Big Mal and his team before we played champions Leeds away in the FA Cup. Or Sam Allardyce when we went to the champions elect Chelsea last season.
Oh please get a grip I was at all of those games, the first two you mention were winner take all so it didnít matter how many you get beaten by.

But the point is none of these were played when we had 3 matches in 6 days with a thread bare squad
Old 28-12-2017, 04:46 PM

Lee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
None of those situations were remotely similar. We are in the middle of the crazy end-year period, with a desperately weak squad - then Sky have chosen us as suitable cannon-fodder and manipulated the dates to ensure the "Sky audience" can sit and watch their favourites of the moment smash another smaller club. I bet you were a big fan of the charge of the light brigade.
This is about the most unequal playing field Sky could have contrived. Just don't fall in with their little games. We should put out a team of 10 defenders, including academy players.
This ^^^^^ and perhaps that thick as shit scouse Carragher could then understand why all clubs in a relegation fight have to adapt to fight the SKY greed.
Old 28-12-2017, 04:52 PM

palace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Does anyone know what Roy did with rotation or not, over similar congested periods at Fulham, WBA, etc ?
Old 28-12-2017, 05:30 PM

smoll has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!smoll has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!smoll has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!smoll has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!smoll has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!smoll has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!smoll has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!smoll has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!smoll has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!smoll has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!smoll has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace4me View Post
Does anyone know what Roy did with rotation or not, over similar congested periods at Fulham, WBA, etc ?
He probably had more depth to his squad at both clubs so could afford to do it
Old 29-12-2017, 02:23 PM

Surrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He has one big family. Saw them in wright and bright bar
Old 31-12-2017, 03:22 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone know how far away he is from being fit.
Old 31-12-2017, 03:26 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 View Post
Anyone know how far away he is from being fit.
I was told end of jan..
Old 31-12-2017, 03:28 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I was told end of jan..
Old 31-12-2017, 04:00 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I was told end of jan..
Let's hope he stays on track! Will really need him with Dann likely to face a spell out. Ward's injury seems to be dragging on too :-(
Old 31-12-2017, 04:04 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Kelly is fine cover when alongside Tomkins..
Old 31-12-2017, 04:04 PM

Surrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Let's hope he doesn't do his funny business.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:36 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Talking about us potentially getting another Sakho from West Ham ( hopefully not ) , I just checked how many games Mamadou Sakho has played for us .

2016-17 Since his first game he played 8 out of 12 ( although I recall he was injured/ not match fit when loan was agreed )

2017-18 Since he signed permanently he has played 10 out of 19 games .

When at Liverpool ( 2013-2017 ) he only played 56 times .

Apart from fall out with managers he has had niggles and longer term injuries .

Do you think that we are likely to get 30 games a season out of him ? His style is somewhat unorthodox which results in him often stretching awkwardly when tackling . I noticed that Tomkins tends to miss about a third of a season ( similar at West Ham and Palace )
Old 11-01-2018, 10:41 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Is Mama due back soon?
Old 11-01-2018, 11:01 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Is Mama due back soon?
4th Feb according to the ''Physio Room''.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:42 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
...His style is somewhat unorthodox which results in him often stretching awkwardly when tackling . I noticed that Tomkins tends to miss about a third of a season ( similar at West Ham and Palace )
Hmm. In the 'old days' the centre backs barely missed a game, beyond grimacing with back pain or with a broken leg. Perhaps a different role now and more required, often with back 3s or full backs who act like wingers? I don't know (as is obvious from this post).
Old 12-01-2018, 12:51 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Is Mama due back soon?
Was told could feature against burnley.. however Iíd personally expect West Ham gave to be the one
Old 12-01-2018, 09:27 AM

*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine*CPFC* : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The fact that he has been pictured messing around playing football with a basketball suggests he must be close to ready? Surely they wouldn't let him do that if he was still recovering - or at least they wouldn't spread pictures of him doing that all over the internet...
Old 12-01-2018, 10:29 AM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by *CPFC* View Post
The fact that he has been pictured messing around playing football with a basketball suggests he must be close to ready? Surely they wouldn't let him do that if he was still recovering - or at least they wouldn't spread pictures of him doing that all over the internet...

Yeah but this is Palace we're talking about...