Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

View Poll Results: Who is better
St Nigel of Martyn 204 60.00%
Julian Speroni 56 16.47%
John Jackson 80 23.53%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31-12-2017, 10:19 PM

Hal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee sinnots ear View Post
Seen them all play many many games each love them all but Jacko gets my vote he almost single handily kept us in the top div for four years.

Also note Trevor Brooking puts him in his top 100 London players off all time. If he had played in another era he could have won 100 caps absolute genius
Jacko would never have been picked for England. Not unless he joined fashionable club.

Mexico 1970 world cup proves my point. Peter Bonetti (of Chelsea) goes as understduidy to Gordon Banks. When Banks falls ill and Bonneti stands in for him we throw away a 2-0 lead over Germany and go out. I'm sure there will be Youtube footage of Bonetti flapping about as three go past him.

Jack was undoubtedly the best English keeper behind Banks from 1969 to 1974 but bevergot near the England team.

Having said that Martyn was better
Old 01-01-2018, 12:23 PM
Why you being like this

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Martyn
Horrible day. Don't even know why I went, after the home game 'experience.' Will not visit SE25 again. With others as a 'guest' in their antiquated main stand. Constant abuse, intimidating each time we scored. Never been so pleased to lose.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:40 PM

old traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I can understand some voting for Jacko and some for martyn, but BOTH were some way better than Speroni.
Martyn was fantastic, but Jacko was better (just)
Old 06-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old traf View Post
I can understand some voting for Jacko and some for martyn, but BOTH were some way better than Speroni.
Martyn was fantastic, but Jacko was better (just)
That may all be true, but Jules made the best (in terms of quality and importance) save in our history: from Ashley Barnes in the play off semi.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 06-01-2018, 07:04 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Jacko or Nige would have held that.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:59 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
I will be honest. I only saw Jackson in the flesh once or twice but I know he was good from what I saw on tv.It is just difficulyt for me to judge how good but I fully respect those who vote for Jackson However of those I saw more often I vote Big Nige. He combined size and physical presence, good decision making and fabulous agility as a shot stopper. He was unlucky not to win more caps as his era coincided with a much stronger period for England keepers.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:11 PM

nibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Jacko for me because I was brought up on him and watched perform miracles on many occasions which sadly were not recorded for prosperity.However, Big Nige's save against Huddersfield was ,for me,the most astonishing moment I 've witnessed in following CPFC in near on 50 years.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:22 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Jacko or Nige would have held that.
. Don't be silly.

Though if you'd said they'd have got enough on it to get it over rather than off the bar I might have agreed.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk