Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:51 AM
older member

SHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You could alwsys come back up the A3 by heading to Portsmouth on the M27
Old 02-01-2018, 08:59 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIPEAGLE View Post
Yes, that’s our plan B.

We tend assume that the M3 is faster than the A3, and we like to use Fleet services.

But if the M3 does have a junction closed again, the A3 could well be better.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:02 AM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIPEAGLE View Post

Depends where you’re heading! I live in Twickenham!
Old 02-01-2018, 09:05 AM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
Depends where you’re heading! I live in Twickenham!
Twickenham to Kingston over the Thames, and onto the A3 , job done - far nicer road than the M3 as well....
Old 02-01-2018, 09:42 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I know 6 fans who are fit 65-70 year olds but they’ve stopped going to away matches for the same reason. They’re happy to stand during dramatic moments, but they’re not keen on standing throughout nor being jostled about.

It’s happened too often to them and they don’t like having to make a fuss to ask those in front to sit more, so they don’t go away now. If they could be guaranteed a hassle free seat, then they would still be going to a few away matches per season for another 5-10 years (health permitting).

They really don’t want to be party poopers nor spoil the enjoyment of other fans, so it’s a shame both approaches couldn’t be accommodated.

If you multiply this sentiment that you and I have both experienced across many fans, it adds up to a large number of Palace who are no longer attending away matches. I can see both points of view, but there have been times when I’ve only been able to see a third of the pitch, so I’m not giving up a day nor the costs for that ‘privilege’ often now either.

They are all ST holders so not adversely affected by membership nor the Parish points, as most games go down to their level on the priority ladder anyway.
This is such a true and honest assessment/statement that needed to be highlighted, well done. This inconvenience has been ignored for so many years as being an accepted way to watch football when it should really be unacceptable, unfortunately there is not a lot clubs can do to prevent it as all efforts simply gets ignored by fans.
I battled against this when my children were young as they often struggled to see the game due to people standing up with not a thought for others as sadly my pleas fell on deaf ears. And as season ticket holders made it a very expensive non event, afterall what was the purpose of SEATS being installed? so i can fully understand what you mention about those fans that have chosen to stay away for very obvious reasons.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:51 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Yes, that’s our plan B.

We tend assume that the M3 is faster than the A3, and we like to use Fleet services.

But if the M3 does have a junction closed again, the A3 could well be better.
Depends where you are going to. Assuming same conditions on both roads the A3 is quickest if you are going to the M25 and coming off at a junction number 10 or below.

I have to do the reverse trip to every home game. Never use the M3, if the A3 is shut then cross country is still usually quicker than the M3.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:52 AM

Penstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
Does anyone know if they still shut the M3 at night between junctions 2 and 4? I heard something about the Woodlands Lane bridge being replaced which has meant continued night closures between 2 and 3 even though the roadworks have finished?
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-01-2018, 11:14 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Are there tickets on the door for this? Works quieter than expected today so should now be able to make it if tickets on door!
Old 02-01-2018, 11:48 AM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post

So does “Active” mean the motorway is closed?
Old 02-01-2018, 11:54 AM

CPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Are there tickets on the door for this? Works quieter than expected today so should now be able to make it if tickets on door!
Yep - according to the Palace site they are:

Old 02-01-2018, 11:57 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Depends where you are going to. Assuming same conditions on both roads the A3 is quickest if you are going to the M25 and coming off at a junction number 10 or below.

I have to do the reverse trip to every home game. Never use the M3, if the A3 is shut then cross country is still usually quicker than the M3.
Thanks v much, local knowledge much appreciated.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Pilot of the storm

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC Town View Post
Yep - according to the Palace site they are:

"Seat tickets will be available at St Mary's and they will be on sale to CPFC supporters from Ticket Office 3."
Old 02-01-2018, 12:51 PM

Putney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses growPutney Eagle 1 knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
This is such a true and honest assessment/statement that needed to be highlighted, well done. This inconvenience has been ignored for so many years as being an accepted way to watch football when it should really be unacceptable, unfortunately there is not a lot clubs can do to prevent it as all efforts simply gets ignored by fans.
I battled against this when my children were young as they often struggled to see the game due to people standing up with not a thought for others as sadly my pleas fell on deaf ears. And as season ticket holders made it a very expensive non event, afterall what was the purpose of SEATS being installed? so i can fully understand what you mention about those fans that have chosen to stay away for very obvious reasons.
standing up contributes to the atmosphere at football, and frankly, is just the way of life - I am in Block B of the Homesdale and have a season ticket, and when I don't go I give it to my mate who brings his 5 year old son who stands on the seat.

To be honest I think just as many people would not go if they were forced to sit as those he do not go because people stand.

I suppose the short term solution is to just ask for tickets at the front - I am sure the club are happy to do that. Long term I would like to see safe standing brought back to Selhurst, especially in the Homesdale!
Old 02-01-2018, 01:31 PM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEdwards View Post
"Seat tickets will be available at St Mary's and they will be on sale to CPFC supporters from Ticket Office 3."
Good news, spread the word, must be a few extra wanting to come after Saturday’s performance. Team will need the support tonight.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:35 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putney Eagle 1 View Post
standing up contributes to the atmosphere at football, and frankly, is just the way of life - I am in Block B of the Homesdale and have a season ticket, and when I don't go I give it to my mate who brings his 5 year old son who stands on the seat.

To be honest I think just as many people would not go if they were forced to sit as those he do not go because people stand.

I suppose the short term solution is to just ask for tickets at the front - I am sure the club are happy to do that. Long term I would like to see safe standing brought back to Selhurst, especially in the Homesdale!
The problem is often the home club who stipulate the order in which tickets have to be sold. With technology you should be able to stipulate you want the next available ticket from the front or the back, just need clubs to agree to selling like that.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If you are down here early and want parking.. have a butchers at;

Six Dials Car Park and Ordnance Road Car Park.

Street parking on side streets off London Road ok.. £2 from 6pm to 8pm. (free after 8pm)

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 02-01-2018, 02:05 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post

cant remember the last time I used the M3 up to the top for a home game...

M3 - A31 - A3 - M25.

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 02-01-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King William View Post
cant remember the last time I used the M3 up to the top for a home game...

M3 - A31 - A3 - M25.
M27 - A3 - then choices based on traffic

If the A3 has a problem south of Guildford i join the A31 north of Bishops Waltham.