Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Do you like the new badge or not
I like it 607 91.28%
I hate it 19 2.86%
not sure yet / moo 39 5.86%
Voters: 665. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2013, 08:04 AM

mickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100% Palace View Post
Here's the one I downloaded. Hopefully you can save it and use it.
For my HTC Desire S, I plonked the Samsung Galaxy S3 one in the centre of a photoshop doc 960 x 800 pixels and it works a treat. In fact here it is...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (233.3 KB, 66 views)
Old 02-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiet09 View Post
For my HTC Desire S, I plonked the Samsung Galaxy S3 one in the centre of a photoshop doc 960 x 800 pixels and it works a treat. In fact here it is...
Check the link I posted yesterday. CPFC have released high res versions for phones.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:42 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone else getting annoyed at how often our new badge is getting squashed? Even our own website is doing it...
Old 05-08-2013, 05:36 PM

No.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
Anyone else getting annoyed at how often our new badge is getting squashed? Even our own website is doing it...
Yes - I sent an email to the website email address pointing this out, the worst thing is every other club with the same website company see a squashed up badge in their fixture lists or if we're their next opponent a really big prominent squashed eagle on their homepage. Not a good look.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:13 PM

Optimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wallpaper required for a Nokia Lumia please.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:20 PM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Check the link I posted yesterday. CPFC have released high res versions for phones.
Have it on my Samsung and it looks awesome ,especially with the black background.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:28 AM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When will BBS change the web page tab to the new badge?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Probably not advisable as the club are got to take a firm approach over the copyright on this new one - Sharon Lacey has been charged with dealing with copyright issues.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 06-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Bump.

A year on from when our new badge was released just wondered what people think of it? I liked it at first but absolutely love it now.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:13 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Awesome

Old 07-05-2014, 12:14 AM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
I love it. Massive improvement on the old one. Unfortunately I'm not a graphic designer or whatever they're called so I can't go into much more detail...
Old 02-01-2018, 12:23 PM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The new main stand pictures show the Eagle and ball without the Crystal Palace part below. The best merchandise in the shop is also without the Crystal Palace.

Are we slowly being moved to a more minimalist crest?
Old 02-01-2018, 01:07 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
The Crest stuck on the new Main Stand probably doesn't need the Crystal Palace building below, because it is stuck on the front of a mahoooosive 5 storey modern representation of the glass palace already
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 02-01-2018, 01:07 PM
Registered Snoozer

TomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
New Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadford4th View Post
The new main stand pictures show the Eagle and ball without the Crystal Palace part below. The best merchandise in the shop is also without the Crystal Palace.

I'd be more worried about the fact that in one of the computer generated images of he new main stand from the Arthur there's a Palace fan with Mutch on the back of their shirt... shows that he's here to stay for the next few years at least.
Hodgson. De Boer. Allardyce. Pardew. Warnock. Pulis. Holloway. Freedman. Burley. Hart. Warnock. Taylor. Dowie. Kember. Francis. Bruce. A. Smith. Coppell. Venables. Lombardo. Coppell. Bassett. Coppell. A. Smith. Coppell. Mullery. Kember. Gradi. Allison. Venables. Allison. Head. Graham. Rowe. G. Smith. Spiers. Scott. Dawes/Slade. Rooke. Butler. Irwin. Moyes. Bromilow. Tresadern. Mavin. Maley. Goodman. Robson.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:32 PM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadford4th View Post

The New Crest was Created so the Eagle could be Displayed Separately,
on Certain Areas & Items,Including,the New Stadium.
The Crystal Palace Part is Unnecessary at Stadium.
Looks Great.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:59 PM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1 View Post
The Crystal Palace Part is Unnecessary.
Looks Great.
Is probably the thinking. I don’t mind the crest becoming simpler, personally. It’ll only be a matter of time before the players are running out with it on their chest.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:13 PM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
The Crystal Palace should be more prominent. We are Crystal Palace after all. That said I have grown to like the badge.

The Crystal Palace in my opinion should never be dropped from any club badge. I can accept the designs in the club shop with the eagle design on polos and the need for a simple design for marketing but the crest on the kits, club wear should be the full badge with an eagle and the Crystal Palace as it is now.

Good job by the supporters to highlight this back in 2012 and in the end a good job by the club/marketing team to find the right balance.

Last edited by SilentAssassin; 02-01-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:43 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAssassin View Post
The Crystal Palace shoukd be more prominent. We are Crystal Palace after all. That said I have grown to like the badge.

The Crystal Palace in my opinion should never be dropped from any club badge. I can accept the designs in the club shop with the eagle design on polos and the need for a simple design for marketing but the crest on the kits, club wear should be the full badge with an eagle and the Crystal Palace as it is now.

Good job by the supporters to highlight this back in 2012 and in the end a good job by the club/marketing team to find the right balance.
Can't argue with any of that
Old 02-01-2018, 07:01 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAssassin View Post
The Crystal Palace shoukd be more prominent. We are Crystal Palace after all. That said I have grown to like the badge.

Bang on the money