Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-09-2017, 09:41 AM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
on arrival Roy was, as he said, now "Crystal Palace, Crystal Palace, Crystal Palace"

FDB would never have been that in three years
Old 16-09-2017, 09:45 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Reading this thread, listening to the FYP podcast and adding in our own reactions here it is striking how much impact the press conference/hearing and seeing the Manager talk has on perception or the Manager.

In practice it offers no indication of the effectiveness of the Manager but it does seem to me that it has a massive filtering impact on our perception of how good they are and the patience we will show. It's an instinctive thing and maybe we might not want to admit some of the components of that reaction apply to us. It's a filter and winning or losing all four has an impact too so 4 wins on the bounce please Roy.
Very true.

Thing is, its not a bad reflection of the trurh as we have seen the players can have a big impact on how a manager does. If the natural feeling from hearing Roy is a good one, there's a decent chance the players will feel the same.
Old 16-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsussexcpfc View Post
The media in general don't like us and you need to read between the lines and examine things written very closely or you can get the wrong idea.
The BBC mentioned a couple of records we could break, Ipswich are the only top flight team who failed to score in their opening five games (70/71)(2 were draws) and the premiership record for the first goal in a season is 438mins, Newcastle (05/06).
When you look at us possibly breaking both records it doesn't seem to good but the thing they failed to mention is that both teams stayed up and Newcastle finished 7th.
The media and a lot of fans want us to go down because of Roy and Iceland, we need to get behind him and the team to annoy them all.
Not sure if the media want us to go down because of Roy. I think they just think we are a tinpot club who should 'know their place' and it's just a matter of time before we go down. Sneers when we sign good players or well known Managers and the thought of us playing good football horrifies them. We should just be defending and hoping for a goal on the break or the odd set piece. Anything more is above our station. Many of our fans seem to agree with them it seems (this isn't about FDB it's about the reaction to any elevation of our game that goes way back).

Can't blame them I guess for preferring being spoilt at OT etc by the big established clubs but they also seem to have a love affair with clubs like Bournemouth, a love that never seemed to apply to Palace somehow. I do think the HF started to shift perceptions but that seems to have worn off.

I would add that I always make a point of watching the press conferences video because the reporting always distorts what is said.
Old 16-09-2017, 04:17 PM

Cpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by McpfcS View Post
Embarrassed yourself
Ehhhh who embarrassed? Roy is bog-standard at best. He is way-way past his sell-by date. Wake up ffs! Go look at his presser when England was knocked out by Iceland.
It shows he was finished in football then, found out. Everyone knew it, yet he then had the audacity to use his eng cv to get a job back in the prem league.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:49 AM

KevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
BUMP

17 points in 10 games.
1.7 points per game.
38 games = 64.6 place.
so that's between 5th and 7th based on the last 6 PL seasons.
Well done Steve Parish .....

(I know we have only played 2 teams from the top 6 in those 10 games)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevMason98 View Post
To me..... this is was the right decision.
We could have waited, but it would have taken longer to get the spirit back........

I think we all agree that the passing football we were playing was very good, but we just didn't have the players to execute it at pace, under the pressure of other premiership players closing us down.
Most of our goals against came from us giving the ball away under pressure.
It's obvious to me that after 3 games we wouldn't win another playing like that and playing the formation we did against Burnley we would win most.
If I can work that out then so can the players.
If we go back to 4-3-3 we don't need De Boer because he's not used to playing like that.
Roy (or Sam) are.
And would be more experienced managers playing in that style.
If you read the article below.. De Boer's man management skills were not conducive to a good team spirit.

We've seen worse... most of the time.
Remember we are still in the premiership ... we've got the best squad on paper we've ever had assembled at the club... EVER.
We just need leadership and everyone pulling in the same direction.... and that includes US... we can play our part Saturday.

We'll never know the full story, but let's get behind the team Saturday and get the place rocking again.

And anyone who doesn't think Roy's methods for achieving results at this level are any good... his statistics are pretty conclusive and very consistent.

It's a brave decision by our owners to make this decision so early, but the right one.

35% - Roy Hodgson's win percentage as a Premier League manager.
Blackburn 35%
Fulham 34%
Liverpool 35%
West Brom 36%.
Consistent.
ó OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) September 12, 2017

Article about management style and player confidence - To view the link you have to Register or Login

Matt Lawrence .....May 2010!