Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:22 PM
Big Mal Fan

keygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Palace History Book, Volume 3

Volume 3 of the 'Origin of Crystal Palace' is currently in production.

The book will cover the period starting in 1909 and already contains very entertaining, informative and startling factual revelations, photographs and documentation. Previously unpublished stuff, things you will never have seen before.

If any BBS contributors would like to play a part, and have any original materials they would like to be considered for inclusion in the book, I’d be delighted to hear from you. You may use this thread or PM me with your information.

All things are of interest: photographs, letters, medals, documents, maps, share-certificates, yearbooks, newspaper cuttings, cigarette cards, souvenirs. I just require a good-quality scan or photograph of the item. The only proviso is that you must own the original document or object, and the document is not a scan from an already-published book.

Anything pre-WW2 is of interest to me.

Volume 3, like Volumes 1 and 2, will be a small print-run so there is no commercial angle: I can’t offer any payment but I can guarantee to credit the contributor by name next to their document (only if they wish, of course) and you can be a small part of Palace’s history for ever.

Finally, if anyone has contacts in the printing trade who can help me keep this cost of this 400-page full-colour hardback down to reasonable proportions, please PM me.

Volume 1 is sold-out in hardback, but some copies of Volume 2 are still available through the club shop:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by keygrippa; 03-01-2018 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Typo corrected
Old 04-01-2018, 09:46 AM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

If you are covering WW!, check this thread. There is another somewhere that I cannot find. It was when the club was considering a plaque to remember those who died. It didn't happen, but during the research we came to the conclusion that no current Palace players died in WW1. However, we did confirm that 6 ex players did die.

They were:
Joseph Bulcock, 1908/1909 Season
Private, 63064, Welsh Regiment, 9th Battalion
Died of Wounds, France & Flanders, 20/04/1918
Cemetery - HARINGHE (BANDAGHEM) MILITARY CEMETERY, Grave V. C. 21.

Richard Harker, 1905/1906 Season
Private, 27/1460, Northumberland Fusiliers, 20th (Tyneside Scottish) Battalion
Killed in Action, France & Flanders, 09/04/1917
Memorial - ARRAS MEMORIAL, Bay 2 and 3.

Edwin Bertram Myers, 1908/1909 Season
Corporal, 2259, London Regiment (First Surrey Rifles), 21st Battalion
Killed in action, France & Flanders, 15/09/1916
Cemetery - ADANAC MILITARY CEMETERY, MIRAUMONT, Grave VII. F. 28.

George Thomas Smith, 1906/1907 Season
Guardsman, 11846, Scots Guards, 1st Battalion
Killed in action, France & Flanders, 27/09/1915
Memorial - LOOS MEMORIAL, Panel 8 And 9

John William Williams, 1909/1910 Season
Private, F/57, Duke of Cambridge's Own (Middlesex) Regiment, 17th Battalion
Killed in action, France and Flanders, 05/06/1916
Memorial - ARRAS MEMORIAL, Bay 7

Norman Arthur Wood, 1908/1909 Season
Sergeant, F/663, Duke of Cambridge's Own (Middlesex) Regiment, 17th Battalion
Killed in action, France and Flanders, 28 Jul 1916
Memorial - THIEPVAL MEMORIAL, Pier and Face 12 D and 13 B
Old 04-01-2018, 10:45 AM
Big Mal Fan

keygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeygrippa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks Bingtang

There will be a chapter to memorialise those young fellows who died.

If any readers have family who played for Palace before WW2, please PM me; I should love to hear from you.

Steve
Old 04-01-2018, 11:16 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Phil Solomon, one of the Ambassadors had a (great?) granddad who played for Palace. I will pm you his email address
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013