Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:13 PM
. . . . .- --. .-.. . ...

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace910 View Post
Christ things are going well and people still like a moan!
Old 03-01-2018, 01:21 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSavage View Post
i won't accept any criticism of HF/Ultras/men in black or their songs they really do make the difference

i'm not related or part but have vivid (and chilling) memories of selhurst before them
I have mixed views about them, but saw something disturbing in the Yates pub before the game.

I was sat down on a table next to some young Palace fan lads (19-22) on a table very nearby, for a couple of hours. They were absolutely harmless, drinking fairly quietly, chatting normal chat for guys their age if not more high brow (some half-sensible Brexit and politics talk). They seemed a bit wary of a more edgy group who knew some of their group, who were based elsewhere in the pub. Then the pub security started walking around giving some groups evil looks for no reason and spoke to this table. The guys seemed to agree to leave very quietly and my guess was maybe they asked for ID and one of the group was younger than they seemed, so the group agreed fair cop and didn't argue at all. The table was then taken as Palace fans asked staff security if the guys would be back (half full pints were left) and they said no.

The guys then came back just to neck their beers. I asked one what was going on. They said they'd been asked if they could be searched as they were young etc. They didn't make a fuss, went out front to be searched there as requested, nothing was found but they were still told to go back in and neck their drinks and leave.

I have no reason to doubt their story and given the daggers the staff were giving people I am inclined to believe them. They were exceptionally un-argumentative etc. I would have been far more resistent.

There was a suggestion/guess by a Palace fan one might have been wearing a HF item and this is why they drew the attention of the bar staff. This is ridiculous. If they were telling the truth then their treatment was terrible and I'd encourage them to complain to Yates HQ for what good it is worth. They said they did not want to make any fuss and it seemed they were used to such treatment.

Is this a normal way to treat younger pub visitors these days? And/or someone with HF attire (I did not spot any - but hadn't looked).

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 03-01-2018, 01:31 PM
analyse this

bourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace910 View Post
Christ things are going well and people still like a moan!
We could get into Europe and they'd still find something
No ambition In the signings or such like
Haters like to hate, moaners like to moan and supporters unconditionally love thier team
Old 03-01-2018, 10:34 PM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Putting the usual anti-HF agenda / HF bashing by some aside... I do think that some of the more recent song additions lack any lyrical imagination or message by simply repeating the same words over and over again.

And I really think that the 'ooooooooo Cryyyyyystal Paaaalaaaaace' one is real dirge. Just the way the notes get lower, then even lower the second time around seems, musically, to imply something quite depressing. A feeling of sinking down if you like.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:56 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Is 'dirge' the new BBS buzzword?

It now seems to be hot on the heels of 'toxic', which always gets a good mention on here.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:08 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
Is 'dirge' the new BBS buzzword?
Well it aptly describes that awful OWTSGMI dirge that seems to be the only thing that Southampton can get their heads around.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:21 AM

Hong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilko View Post
Still 100 times better than Arsenal's attempts. "1-0 to the Arsenal"
more annoying was the " super jack " song for me as not far from the Arse in AW
Old 10-01-2018, 04:24 AM

Hong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Well it aptly describes that awful OWTSGMI dirge that seems to be the only thing that Southampton can get their heads around.
Worst version I ever heard was the Jakarta Spurs supporters club in Hong Kong wailing through the Spurs version, really truly feckin awful, one note and one note only