Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:38 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
2017 was a mixed one for me - 1st qtr was decent but then I got injured and struggled the rest of the year but completed my 1st marathon and 25 volunteering stints at parkrun

PBS are 5k 20:12
10k 42:24
10 miles 72:59
Half 1:40:12
Marathon 4:28

Goals to go sub 4hrs for marathon and under 1:40 for the half and to complete 100 parkruns currently on 92

Happy new running year
Old 02-01-2018, 10:02 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
2017 was a great year for me. I tend to measure my progress by consistency rather than times.

Total Distance: 1,260 Miles
Days ran: 365
Longest run: 13.86 miles
Shortest run: 1.01 miles (too often!)

Only PB was 8k, but I did run my first 15k and my first Half so I suppose those are PBs.

For 2018 my goal is to maintain my running streak, (presently 582 days,) and to lower my times for 15k and Half. First race of the year is a Half on Sunday week on a flat course so I looking to start off on the right foot.
I came and set fire to your shed
Old 03-01-2018, 10:34 AM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
2017 was bad for me. Started off with a chest cold but got a marathon out the way early in the year and started to build up mileage before damaging my IT band which had me out for 4 months. Managed the first 25 miles of UTMB CCC before pulling out and the rest of the year fizzled out to pretty much nothing.

Got my first 100 miler in June and I've started off 2018 with another chest cold.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:04 AM
Make things happen

furzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Started the year with a bit of a hangover after 2 marathons in 2016. Turned to sprint triathlons in the spring in an attempt to motivate and that worked to some extent - first proper swimming i've done since school.
Spent the last half of the year trying to get 5k and 10k pb's (19.50 and 40.50 respectively), and whilst a niggly injury put paid to any success i gave myself a good base from which to start training for my next marathon (Barcelona) where i'll be hoping to smash my pb (4h 0m 20s). Once the marathon is done i'm thinking of doing an endurance event like runstock or something similar.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:08 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
2017 was bad for me. Started off with a chest cold but got a marathon out the way early in the year and started to build up mileage before damaging my IT band which had me out for 4 months. Managed the first 25 miles of UTMB CCC before pulling out and the rest of the year fizzled out to pretty much nothing.

Got my first 100 miler in June and I've started off 2018 with another chest cold.
How did you recover from that?
Old 03-01-2018, 11:11 AM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert head is god View Post
For 2018 my goal is to maintain my running streak, (presently 582 days,)
That's a hell of an achievement! Well done!
Old 03-01-2018, 12:58 PM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
How did you recover from that?
4 months of rest. Occasionally stretching and foam rolling, probably should have done a lot more than I did and I would have been able to run sooner.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:51 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
4 months of rest. Occasionally stretching and foam rolling, probably should have done a lot more than I did and I would have been able to run sooner.
Glad you're over it. Think I might have the same thing but it only flares up 1 or 2km into a run so I never know if I'm over it or not until I get out there. Have bought a knee compression sleeve and started icing it.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:28 PM

che12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
2017 definitely a good year for me. PB's at every distance, 2nd in Lanzarote marathon, running over 3000 miles.

I definitely do not have a running streak of 582 days and counting! I guess I value my rest days too much or am just lazy!
Old 03-01-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Glad you're over it. Think I might have the same thing but it only flares up 1 or 2km into a run so I never know if I'm over it or not until I get out there. Have bought a knee compression sleeve and started icing it.
The few times that I did try to run I found it was the downhills that were aggravating it but that may just be down to how I run. I still occasionally get little niggles during runs but they disappear after half a km or so.

All my issues were felt in my knee, physio said it was caused by IT band, not helped by an extremely tight calf.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:43 PM

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It's hell but I recommend frequent foam rolling as well as glute strengthening. Helped me when I had a really rough patch with ITBS and sciatica a way back.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:02 AM
moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaterhamEagle View Post
It's hell but I recommend frequent foam rolling as well as glute strengthening. Helped me when I had a really rough patch with ITBS and sciatica a way back.
Will get a foam.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:15 AM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fella at work runs ultra marathons and recommend the Hoka Gaviota trainer to me today. He’s a bit of a bullshit specialist, but reckons someone of my height and build (stopped short of calling me a fat git) is suited to these.
Has anyone got a pair and what’s the general opinion of them or of Hoka?
Old 08-01-2018, 09:59 AM

Heard mixed reviews of Hoka. Faster runners I know that have tried them say there's nothing special that separates them from any other shoe. Some of the slower/larger people have said they're really comfortable and love them.

My partner got some trail ones and likes them.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:46 PM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Heard mixed reviews of Hoka. Faster runners I know that have tried them say there's nothing special that separates them from any other shoe. Some of the slower/larger people have said they're really comfortable and love them.

My partner got some trail ones and likes them.
Thatís great, thank you. Iím certainly in the slower/ larger category so Iíll risk it
Old 08-01-2018, 11:06 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Running Thread

I have bought some hoka Cliftons for marathon running and I find them better on long road Runs just for absorbing impact

They take a little while to get used to
Old 09-01-2018, 08:58 AM

ugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
I have bought some hoka Cliftons for marathon running and I find them better on long road Runs just for absorbing impact

They take a little while to get used to

a pro triathlete i know uses Hoka (Emma Pallant) and when i was doing triathlons i switched to them from Acsics.....

i use "clifton" and find them very comfortable!!!

The thoughts and opinions expressed here are MY OWN.....

#CRPS read this http://gettingtoknowmecrps.blogspot.co.uk/

to find out what #CRPS is
Old 09-01-2018, 11:14 AM
Old member.

Is there much difference between the Clifton and Gaviota? I’ve used asics for all my running and just don’t think they absord my weight any more.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:23 AM

The Clifton is a neutral shoe, the Gaviota is a stability shoe that should be worn by people who over-pronate.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:38 AM

mole knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!mole knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!mole knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!mole knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!mole knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!mole knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!mole knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!mole knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!mole knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!mole knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!mole knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
When I hit the big 50 I decided to get back into running. It's helped me shift weight and feel loads better. I have been doing half marathons but combining them with trips abroad so long weekends and runs!

I have been doing the Spanish half marathons for the last couple of years, they are cheap to enter and cheap for flights and hotels as most are in low season. This year as per last I will be doing

Feb. Torremolinos Half
March. Bennidorm Half
April. Ibiza Half
Oct. Majorca Half
Dec. Lanzarote Half

I am coming in at around 2 hours 12 and my aim this year is to try and get under 2 hours. Would be totally chuffed with this but for me it will be hard.

Can honestly reccomend all the above races as fab friendly and well worth a long weekend away.