Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:02 PM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think he is more suited to a team that plays more attack than defence. His defensive game is poor but he is good when coming forward with the ball. I think he is played out of position and if used in a more attacking central role he'd do really well
Old 03-01-2018, 07:08 PM

Surrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I know several of his family and friends
Old 03-01-2018, 07:12 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrey Eagle View Post
Good stuff
Old 03-01-2018, 07:14 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrey Eagle View Post
Use your influence to convince him the way forward is to engineer a permanent move here
Old 03-01-2018, 07:16 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Use your influence to convince him the way forward is to engineer a permanent move here
....for 5 million and 10k per week would be handy (while your at it).
Old 03-01-2018, 11:30 PM

Surrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
He seems pretty settled here actually but he is a chelsea supporter and he just says he'll review everything when it comes to it
Old 04-01-2018, 08:14 AM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
I am not sure we would have got a draw against man city if he had been in midfield
Old 04-01-2018, 08:29 AM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
I am not sure we would have got a draw against man city if he had been in midfield
Yep a reasonable claim
Old 04-01-2018, 09:20 AM

Wandle_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandle_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandle_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandle_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandle_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandle_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandle_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandle_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandle_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandle_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandle_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
True, we would have won
Old 04-01-2018, 09:49 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandle_Eagle View Post
True, we would have won
Really?

Our records with and without him are quite interesting.

With RLC P16 W3 D6 L7 Avg 0.94pt/game
w/o RLC P06 W2 D1 L3 Avg 1.16pt/game

He didn't play in the wins over Chelsea, Southampton and draw with Man City.

Since Roy took over, the only defeat that we have had that RLC did not play a part in is the game at Man Utd. He came on at Newcastle and we lost late on.

There is no doubt he is a talented player but is he the right fit for us?
Old 04-01-2018, 11:18 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Quality player no doubt. Bit of a luxury player at present though. I like him, but I get the feeling you need to pick him for the right sort of games. He's certainly got a lot to learn still, which is fine, but not sure i'd trust him on a continual basis as his defensive side and work without the ball isn't up to scratch yet.

Think he'd be a great sub from the 75min mark when we're over running teams, not sure Chelsea would appreciate that though. For the games he's played at Chelsea you'd think he'd only have to defend maybe 30% of the time as they've normally got the ball.

I'm sold he's going to be a wonderful player at some stage, not sure he's the perfect fit for us though at present.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:13 PM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob is just too good for youBuglebob is just too good for youBuglebob is just too good for youBuglebob is just too good for youBuglebob is just too good for youBuglebob is just too good for youBuglebob is just too good for youBuglebob is just too good for youBuglebob is just too good for youBuglebob is just too good for youBuglebob is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post

With RLC P16 W3 D6 L7 Avg 0.94pt/game
w/o RLC P06 W2 D1 L3 Avg 1.16pt/game
Bearing in mind that he played in the first few games and we could have had Ronaldo in the team and still lost and he has missed games after the general improvement in the team, I don't think those stats really show much.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:26 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
A fantastic talent and full of potential. Going forward hes great, powerful, skilful, composed and can shoot and pass. Hell probably get much better too

Still lacking defensively and its given opposition chances

When he was on the right TFM in particular was 2v1 so many times. When played on the left schlupp is exposed too often. He stops and watches at times rather than tracking the runner. He really needs to improve this side of his game, though it is understandable with his age/experience and I think he already is at times.

To get the best out of him currently he should play centrally in the number 10 mold. However.. wed have to change our proven way of playing to do that and thats building a team around him. Hes not good enough for that yet

At the moment we concede to many chances with him in the side and does he create enough to justify that? For me no. Jimmy creates and scores similar amounts but defensively is fantastic and thats why he starts ahead of RLC for me.

Id love to sign himof course, I expect him to keep developing and be a top top player and certainly seems a likeable lad too
Old 04-01-2018, 12:37 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
i'd bench him for now. McArthur playing well at the moment. Would be great to bring off the bench if chasing a game. Too much of a liability to start games at the moment for me
Old 04-01-2018, 04:25 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
i'd bench him for now. McArthur playing well at the moment. Would be great to bring off the bench if chasing a game. Too much of a liability to start games at the moment for me
But McArthur's best games have been when he is central - we need someone else to play a wide role (Townsend on one side) unless/ until we sign someone else to put up top with Benteke.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:35 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He’s certainly got better as the season has gone on - you can see he’s still learning about when to release the ball. Him behind Benteke with Wilf and Townsend on the wings would be great stuff.

However, lack of another striking option has left Roy with little choice but to push Wilf up there with him.
Old 04-01-2018, 11:33 PM

hulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He’s a superb talent who could go on to be sublime. But he isn’t yet as effective as either McCarthur or Luka for us. He could turn out to be a player with real influence. A Figo or a Matthaus type. He’s got strength and range and skill and power. When he adds composure to his game he will be something else. Whether Chelsea will give him the time to develop her he goes back is another thing.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:25 AM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great player but notbthevfinishrd article. Exactly the type of younger player that we should be adding to the squad along side some seasoned pro's

We took zaha on loan from Utd! I didn't hear people moaning about some of his failing as he had them then! Turned out zaha was a good loan and buy.. Well done SP!
Old 05-01-2018, 12:26 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Thinking about his positive traits in possession compared to when he's not reminded me of this:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-01-2018, 06:52 AM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think he was better earlier in the season. Hes faded recently. Not helped by being played out wide. For home games against bottom half sides (who we expect to sit deep) maybe try him in the advanced central role in a midfield 3? He does go missing when the team is under pressure though which is why I think Hodgson doesnt like him down the middle of the pitch.