Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 12:43 AM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Far more attractive proposition for a player to join us when we're 14th rather than bottom three, even if it is only by two points.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:03 AM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
Far more attractive proposition for a player to join us when we're 14th rather than bottom three, even if it is only by two points.
I think our current form compared to that of many around us is a plus too, we at least look like a team on the up for this window. Imagine the hoops Pards will have to jump through.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:19 PM

Ooh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
I don't think a GK is as much of a priority this window as we previously thought. WH and Jules have both been playing well, rotating them for tactical reasons seems to be working.

A new GK would need time to settle in, get used to working with the defence, learn their personalities and playing styles, and how to communicate with them.

I think we have enough to stick with Jules and WH and then look at a first choice GK in the summer when we have time.
When we have time ?
Are you having a laugh?
We've had months, if not years, already.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:24 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Yeah we're more likely to get Chambers, although if they're still holding out for 20m they'll be waiting a long time.
Chambers is currently playing in their first team, I doubt he wants a move at the moment
Old 03-01-2018, 06:30 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
20m for chambers would be wonderful business.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:48 PM

Crunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Agreed. We won't get a keeper in January. At the end of the season we could move for Pope/Heaton, Lossl, Hart or even possibly Butland (although the latter is probably a pipe dream).

As for centre forward, who wants to splash out 25m on someone who could be playing second fiddle to Benteke? Not me. Prices will be inflated in Jan. Wickham will be back in Feb.

Are there any centre midfielders better than Riedewald, Luka, McArthur, Cabaye or RLC that are currently available and would come to us? I was hoping for Wilshere but because of Ramsey's injury he will stay at Arsenal now. I don't think there is anyone else.

I could see us moving for a centre back if Sakho's injury is bad, otherwise we might wait until the summer when hopefully Mawson will be available. There was some mention of TFM going back to Man Utd. I find that unlikely as he could be deployed at centre back or right back, and will surely now be a regular until the end of the season.

I really don't think we will get anyone in this window. I'm sure we have targets, but I suspect they will only come in if the price is right and it probably won't be. I think Roy will feel he has enough for now to keep us up and that we will reassess in the summer (and be very busy). Personally I'd like to see us get Lookman, or another talented young winger in Jan, but again that might have to wait until the summer.
I can't think of a post that isn't a piss take or abusive that I have read so far this season, that I disagree more with than that.

Last edited by Crunchie; 03-01-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:48 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We need to get the right deals done, feel we are in a stronger position with our momentum and turnaround. I also think players will want to play for Roy so this should be another positive.

Priority should be a Striker first and foremost, then a CB and a CM (if the bid about Lille player is true then that could be 2 birds killed with one stone ). We can worry about a new keeper or two in the Summer as Im happy to stick with WH and Speroni despite their weaknesses.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:56 PM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post
20m for chambers would be wonderful business.
For Arsenal, yes.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:03 PM

rhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Walcott to Southampton lets nab him
Old 05-01-2018, 10:18 PM

WashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I doubt 40m is the actual amount. More like 10m, I would think. SP probably thinks this side has enough to stay up and if it weren't for the CB injury fiasco, we probably would do nearly nothing. In truth, I think we do have enough to stay up, but it wouldn't be as if getting a little stronger would hurt.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:27 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WashDCEagle View Post
I doubt 40m is the actual amount. More like 10m, I would think. SP probably thinks this side has enough to stay up and if it weren't for the CB injury fiasco, we probably would do nearly nothing. In truth, I think we do have enough to stay up, but it wouldn't be as if getting a little stronger would hurt.

We seriously need to get a CB and a Striker, If Tomkins and Benteke get injured we will be in serious trouble.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:27 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
10m.. haha
Old 05-01-2018, 10:30 PM

cpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
10m.. haha
Exactly 10 mill buys average these days
Old 05-01-2018, 10:35 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think we need at least 3 additions. A Centre Back due to Scott Dann's long term injury, A Striker and Goalkeeper cover.

Unfortunately due to our injury situation and pre season planning we need to do this otherwise we will be gambling again.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:39 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
I think we need at least 3 additions. A Centre Back due to Scott Dann's long term injury, A Striker and Goalkeeper cover.

Unfortunately due to our injury situation and pre season planning we need to do this otherwise we will be gambling again.
I would say four. We lack cover out wide too. Even though Sako is actually looking useful for the first time in ages, I'm not sure I'd be confident starting him for half a dozen games in a row if we needed to.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:51 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I would say four. We lack cover out wide too. Even though Sako is actually looking useful for the first time in ages, I'm not sure I'd be confident starting him for half a dozen games in a row if we needed to.
Ideally yes but the budget may not be very big in which case the priority would be Centre Back and Striker. Don't think Connor Wickham will be fully back up to speed until next season and Benteke needs competition for his place.

Not sure about the loan situation but maybe there could be a Foreign loan or alternatively we could try to buy TFM or RLC to free up one spot. This could enable us to loan a decent Striker.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:57 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
Ideally yes but the budget may not be very big in which case the priority would be Centre Back and Striker. Don't think Connor Wickham will be fully back up to speed until next season and Benteke needs competition for his place.

Not sure about the loan situation but maybe there could be a Foreign loan or alternatively we could try to buy TFM or RLC to free up one spot. This could enable us to loan a decent Striker.
No chance. Are we not allowed loans from abroad? Think Watford and all their foreign loanees last season.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:00 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
It probably has enough to stay up if our key players don't get injured. We don't have the depth at the moment. Wilf, Benteke and our centre backs would be irreplaceable with out current squad. Sako could never play with the same energy for 90 minutes as he has in his sub appearances.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
No chance. Are we not allowed loans from abroad? Think Watford and all their foreign loanees last season.
Yes I think we are allowed a Foreign Loan/s but not sure what the exact rules are on it.

More like we will try to get another Loan to keep the costs down until we can re-assess in the summer.

Will be a lot of movement in and out in the Summer due to the amount of players we have out of contract.
Old 22-01-2018, 03:53 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Remember when this tread started thinking that 40 mil wouldn't be enough the way it's going be thankfull if we spend 40 mil let's hope sp don't look at table and think we are safe parish reAly worrys me on the football side of things hope he listens to Roy.
Closed Thread