Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 23-01-2018, 05:19 PM

old traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineold traf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
John McCormick also scored a belter in the Sheff Utd match.
One of my all time favorites.
Old 23-01-2018, 05:38 PM

Bensjamin247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBensjamin247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBensjamin247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBensjamin247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBensjamin247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBensjamin247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBensjamin247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBensjamin247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBensjamin247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBensjamin247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBensjamin247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just seen Willie Wallace, he said "You'll never take our Freedman".
I'll get my coat...
Old 23-01-2018, 05:45 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Yogi was sadly fouled badly every time he played by some really dirty sods but in full flight was up there with Don Rogers. Wallace seemed to aim the ball at the arms of opposition defenders to try for penalties. We had so may Scottish players in those years and it is sad how the national team has so few to chose from now.
Old 23-01-2018, 06:22 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Yogi was sadly fouled badly every time he played by some really dirty sods but in full flight was up there with Don Rogers. Wallace seemed to aim the ball at the arms of opposition defenders to try for penalties. We had so may Scottish players in those years and it is sad how the national team has so few to chose from now.
Whilst that is certainly true I thought the injury initially was the result of a collision with the goalpost in the Sheffield Utd game. He attempted a couple of comebacks but was never the same. Somehow he passed a medical at Sunderland played a total of 15 minutes and they attempted to get the transfer fee back on the grounds we knew he was unfit.
Old 25-01-2018, 12:19 PM

Paxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabas View Post
Two clips worth a watch. The first, Celtic v Third Lanark in 1964 and a head-to-head with a certain John McCormick:
To view the link you have to Register or Login
I've never been anywhere else quite like the amazing atmospheric ghost ship of a football ground which is Cathkin Park. Large areas of overgrown terracing remain.

For anyone who finds themselves on the south side of Glasgow, it's well worth a visit. It's walking distance from Hampden; indeed, Cathkin Park was the second Hampden (the current stadium being the third of that name).

Check out out too the original, first Hampden (just over the road from Cathkin Park). And watch the fascinating story of the search for it:

Old 26-01-2018, 11:16 AM

cad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by laths View Post
I was there, about one of the goals I remember, run virtually length of pitch and unleashed a thunderbolt into the roof of the net, Holmesdale end. ( half the length , getting fuzzy in me dotage )
No, you're right, and wrong. The incident you probably recall was late in the game when, attacking the Holmesdale he ran from well inside his own half and was stopped by and injured in a collision with the Sheff U goalkeeper/goalpost when he seemed certain to score.

Remember the game well(ish). Also nice to see the late John McCormick's goal again.
Old 28-01-2018, 11:46 PM

ian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
I've never been anywhere else quite like the amazing atmospheric ghost ship of a football ground which is Cathkin Park. Large areas of overgrown terracing remain.

For anyone who finds themselves on the south side of Glasgow, it's well worth a visit. It's walking distance from Hampden; indeed, Cathkin Park was the second Hampden (the current stadium being the third of that name).

Have just watched this evening part of a one hour programme on the BBC Alba (Gaelic) channel about Third Lanark with interviews with former players hoping to hear a mention of John McCormick (TL 1959-64 over 100 apps). Part in English part with subtitles. Good pics of the ground then and now.
Old 30-01-2018, 02:49 PM

Paxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian king View Post
Have just watched this evening part of a one hour programme on the BBC Alba (Gaelic) channel about Third Lanark with interviews with former players hoping to hear a mention of John McCormick (TL 1959-64 over 100 apps). Part in English part with subtitles. Good pics of the ground then and now.
I'll have to check that out on the iPlayer.