Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 27-01-2018, 09:38 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Jim Kearney, Palace player 1948/49

Hi. This post was on the other main Palace board, HOL:-

I am looking for information about my father,Jim Kearney,who played in the season 48-49...during Jack Butlers time as manager..could you help me there...by the way he was a good centre forward,in the middle of the picture with the ball.Maybe you recognize some of the other players!T .

If anyone remembers Jim or has any other info the share, please post it here, or if you are registered on HOL, the thread is at

To view the link you have to Register or Login
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 30-01-2018, 01:10 PM

tony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetony 1947 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have looked at my details and copies of newspapers for that season. Sorry but I cannot find any mention of Jim playing for the reserves. I do not have lineups of every game, but enough. The local papers Advertiser and Times did not have details of 'A' team games so the Sevenoaks game was news to me to add to my Palace games. Thanks for that
Old 31-01-2018, 06:20 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Thanks for looking Tony
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 01-02-2018, 04:17 PM

ian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have just looked through my 1948-49 programmes and an early programme refers to a 'Kenney, a young centre-forward' playing for the 'A' team so it could be a spelling mistake for Jim.

Later programmes refer to the 'A' team playing all their fixtures 'away' so assume they must be friendlies. Other clubs the A team played against that season as mentioned are Tonbridge, Deal and Dover so Sevenoaks a definite possibility.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:38 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Thanks Ian, great spot!

Old 20-02-2018, 11:24 PM

ian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The club has recently received an e-mail from Jim's grandson with a pic of the postcard advising Jim to report to Selhurst Park for a game at Sevenoaks.

The club forwarded the e-mail to me and I have replied with the above information but have yet to receive a response.
Old 21-02-2018, 06:31 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Thanks for your efforts with this Ian, and also Pete Hurn on the HOL thread

At least a couple of mentions have been found:-

A report of the Sevenoaks game - "Curney"

Old 21-02-2018, 06:35 AM
Collecting Palace tat

...and the programme "Kenney"

Which isn't bad considering the guy was pretty much an 'enthusiastic amateur' 70 years ago!

This shows that sometimes, lost relatives often tell their kids and grandkids 'I played for.....", but in reality clubs had not only reserves, but sometimes an amateur 'A' team as well (a kind of 3rd XI)

It's more than we've been able to find for Roy Hodgson's spell as a player here!