Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 23-11-2017, 05:58 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim's Cannon View Post
Sept 1991 - League Cup 2nd round first leg at Hartlepool.

Weds night and we drew 1-1. Terrible game and Hartlepool only had three sides to their ground and it was absolutely freezing with the wind whipping in off the sea.
We got a coach and I got home at 4-30am, to get up 2 hours later to go to work!
Was there mentioned it earlier. So cold! Might have been on the same coach . I vowed never to do a midweek coach journey that far again
Old 30-01-2018, 12:23 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
FA Cup Reply 1990 without a doubt for me.

Another huge one disappointment wise was QPR away in the FA Cup Q/f in '82 but then a few seconds after the final whistle it turned into one of the best.
Old 30-01-2018, 12:30 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Burnley this season. Awful game. Awful goal. Freezing Cold. Soaked going back to the car. 7 hour drive home in traffic. Happy sunday!
Old 30-01-2018, 12:32 PM
For ancient football

Granada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
But losing 5-0 at Millwall at Easter 1967 (or 1968) was pretty bad
Not so bad. It was only 5-1. My first-ever away trip.

But I went back the following year and we beat 'em 2-0. That's why we love the game.
Old 30-01-2018, 12:40 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A few from the Peter Taylor era spring to mind. I think we played Hull at Selhurst and most 1-0. We was hopeless.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 01-02-2018, 07:11 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granada allover View Post
Not so bad. It was only 5-1. My first-ever away trip.

But I went back the following year and we beat 'em 2-0. That's why we love the game.
Was at both those games. First one was terrible following year our promotion season . Revenge a dish served cvold
Old 03-02-2018, 03:00 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post

Another huge one disappointment wise was QPR away in the FA Cup Q/f in '82 but then a few seconds after the final whistle it turned into one of the best.
I can’t remember anything about the game,apart from the goal, but for sheer atmosphere, how packed it was and how we took over the ground, especially after only taking 100 or less to other away games back then, I actually regard this game as a good palace memory, despite being gutted about the result and hating Clive Allen ever since!!
Old 03-02-2018, 08:17 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Out of the 3 dozen or so I've been to from 2010-2018, only Millwall on New Years Day stands out as being especially bad. Really puts into perspective supporting Palace in the modern era hearing about some of these awful sounding games in the 70s-90s.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:42 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Out of the 3 dozen or so I've been to from 2010-2018, only Millwall on New Years Day stands out as being especially bad. Really puts into perspective supporting Palace in the modern era hearing about some of these awful sounding games in the 70s-90s.
It was bad but it has kind of paved the way to where we are today. Who knows, had we got a point there or lost 1-0 but it was a battling performance then maybe Burley wouldn't have been sacked?

Didn't feel like that at the time though I actually thought Bristol City a few days before was awful too. Made worse by the fact that we missed our goal as I woke up late
Old 03-02-2018, 09:13 PM
Big Cheese

Vic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVic Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
4-1 defeat at Carlisle in 1982 still sticks in the memory both for awfulness of display and time to get home.

Of the dire draws, a 0-0 at Oldham in the same era, mainly due to the pouring rain, open away terrace, and lack of any kind of entertainment value.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:21 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Sheffield Weds away 1992 or 1994 maybe
Lost 4-0
Never had a sniff of a shot.
The Peak District was lovely though
Old 04-02-2018, 05:17 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton View Post
Sheffield Weds away 1992 or 1994 maybe
Lost 4-0
Never had a sniff of a shot.
The Peak District was lovely though
Funny; mentioned that very game to Exiled Stirling in conversation only last night. We were talking about Salako and I recalled that he had that horrendous injury 4 days before that Sheff Wed defeat (1991/2 and it was 4-1 btw).

Our players were settling down to their pre match meal in a Sheffield hotel watching Saint and Greavsie, and they showed Salako’s knee bend out sideways in perfect slow mo. Coppell was furious and put our subsequent poor performance and defeat down to the psychological effect it had on our players.

What a depressing time that was. Within a space of 7 days, we’d lost Wright to Arsenal and Salako to a career threatening injury.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 04-02-2018, 07:06 PM

Hadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHadham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Has to be losing the semi with Southampton at Stamford Bridge in 1976. We were all gutted the bubble had finally popped
Old 05-02-2018, 04:56 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Eagle View Post
4-1 defeat at Carlisle in 1982 still sticks in the memory both for awfulness of display and time to get home.

I was there, Malcolm Poskett scored all 4 of their goals just to rub it in, your right horrible long journey and a shit hole of a town, but I’m quite proud to say I’ve done Carlisle away