Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxthorncutter View Post
why do we have to offer him anything at all?

He is nearly 30, his ankle is mashed up, his contract has run out -

GOODBYE.

Time to recruit a younger, non-injured replacement in the Summer.

Too much sentimentality with Palace fans. Parish is a Palace fan & he is sentimental too.
It's not about sentimentality, it's about the fact he has recently looked like a Premier League striker, more so than our £30m one. These are not cheap and easy to replace, in case you haven't seen our last few years of transfer windows.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:25 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Call me a sentimental (mental) fool, but if he is crocked to the start of next season, imvho, it would be rather churlish not to offer a 1 year deal..
Old 03-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Call me a sentimental (mental) fool, but if he is crocked to the start of next season, imvho, it would be rather churlish not to offer a 1 year deal..
Bollocks. Not like he's got a long term injury.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:54 AM

Optimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Itís generally accepted in football that if a player is injured and subsequently out of contract they will get offered a new deal.

What the terms are and if the player signs it are different matters entirely.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:59 AM

16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxthorncutter View Post
why do we have to offer him anything at all?

He is nearly 30, his ankle is mashed up, his contract has run out -

GOODBYE.

Time to recruit a younger, non-injured replacement in the Summer.

Too much sentimentality with Palace fans. Parish is a Palace fan & he is sentimental too.
30 is not old people have a real issue with age on these forums. Heard someone else so Guita is old at 31 - idiots he is entering his peak!
Old 03-02-2018, 12:04 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Not done enough for me over his 3 year/£55k per week contract despite his recent form.

Sounds harsh as he is injured by he ran his contract down at Wolves so is obviously happy to take these risks.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:34 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Not done enough for me over his 3 year/£55k per week contract despite his recent form.

Sounds harsh as he is injured by he ran his contract down at Wolves so is obviously happy to take these risks.
Yes fair point about him running down his Wolves contract works both ways.

Also the more skeptical could say that he upped his game to attract interest from new employers or earn a new contract.

Think he has done well recently but would not really want to be offering a long term contract even if he was fit.

Seen it happen before with Marco Reich and Tommy Black once the new contract is signed revert back to previous form.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:35 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post

That's kind of my thinking. I guess if he would accept a 1 or maybe 2 year deal on reduced wages it could be ok. And of course it all depends who else we can get in and how much he would play.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:39 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
For the right deal his recent performances have made him worthy of consideration but heíll only ever be a squad player here and we should only ever pay the money proportional to that position in the squad. In addition heís had a huge injury now and will likely struggle to be fit by the end of the summer window. We should offer a deal accordingly only if we donít find a better option.

Itís not an emotional decision. He seems very likeable but thatís irreverent beyond his gelling with the rest of our players.

We need to sign the right players for the right money. If Sako will be value for that then great, nice to keep him around but heís been an expensive liability for a long time and will only ever be good enough as back up.

I hope he recovers well of course, nothing personal. We just need to be realistic
Old 03-02-2018, 01:08 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
His Instagram story ��
Old 03-02-2018, 01:17 PM

CaptainCharisma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaptainCharisma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaptainCharisma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaptainCharisma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaptainCharisma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaptainCharisma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaptainCharisma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaptainCharisma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaptainCharisma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaptainCharisma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaptainCharisma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I get why people are saying give him a new deal. But does six good games in 3 years justify it? Before Christmas, I think pretty much everyone had him on their release list because the reality is, he had been here 2 1/2 years and spent most of that injured. The guy would come back from injury and get injured again without stepping on the pitch. When he did play, he looked overweight and unfit.

Recently I give him full credit. He has been fit, in shape, passionate and has helped turn us around at times. But, in some games he has also shown his limitations. You have to question why it has taken so long to get in shape and justify his wages. You also have to look at it sensibly. We are going to have to name a 25 with something like six players in it who are out for the season because the rules are so stupid. We know that Dann won't be available to start next season, do want to gamble on giving Sako a new deal and having another in the squad possibly not available? Plus what state will his ankle be in, and how will it affect an already injury prone player?

I like the guy, but we have to be practical. The club doesn't owe him anything, I think he has taken enough money from us for very little return.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:26 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
His cost per match and per goal is far too high. Odd that he suddenly gets fit (not talking about injury but lost weight) as he might be looking for a new contract. If he was playing for another team and was available we would all be saying don't touch him. Personally would invest the wages in someone new abut offer him support to train and get fit once his contract is up. This is a business - Paddy Mac was different because by all accounts we fecked up medically. I like Sako but he is going to stop a decent player coming in who might just be fit to play.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:26 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi is just too good for youGreat Lombardi is just too good for youGreat Lombardi is just too good for youGreat Lombardi is just too good for youGreat Lombardi is just too good for youGreat Lombardi is just too good for youGreat Lombardi is just too good for youGreat Lombardi is just too good for youGreat Lombardi is just too good for youGreat Lombardi is just too good for youGreat Lombardi is just too good for you
Totally different player under Roy... 2 year deal on sensible wages for me
Old 03-02-2018, 01:37 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
His cost per match and per goal is far too high. Odd that he suddenly gets fit (not talking about injury but lost weight) as he might be looking for a new contract. If he was playing for another team and was available we would all be saying don't touch him. Personally would invest the wages in someone new abut offer him support to train and get fit once his contract is up. This is a business - Paddy Mac was different because by all accounts we fecked up medically. I like Sako but he is going to stop a decent player coming in who might just be fit to play.
But a replacement player at Prem level is likely to involve wages AND a few million transfer fee on top.

Sako costs us no transfer fee, so itís a matter of whether his salary is worth it. In recent months it has been. It also seems to me that Prem salaries have inflated to the extent that his one might not be that unusual for a squad player now, especially one who can score.

Assuming we stay in the Prem and Roy remains happy with Sakoís training etc, Iíd give him an extension.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:45 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We have to judge him on what his impact has been over the past 3 years with Palace, and in all honesty apart from what is it his last 3 games? he has been very disappointing and far too inconsistent to warrant a new hefty contract on his already current considerable one, which will need to be in excess of what he gets currently. So No.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:01 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
We can remember his form for his first 6 games and his last 6 games, but then forget the 2 years inbetween. I was loving his recent upturn, but you have to be realistic, asmuch as the timing of the injury on him is harsh, it is probably time just to move on. For £50-60k a week you want a guranteed first teamer, which he has never been. I rather the wages were spent on younger players.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:14 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
We have to judge him on what his impact has been over the past 3 years with Palace, and in all honesty apart from what is it his last 3 games? he has been very disappointing and far too inconsistent to warrant a new hefty contract on his already current considerable one, which will need to be in excess of what he gets currently. So No.
Why would his contract renewal have to be a new hefty one in excess of what he gets currently?

I donít imagine other clubs will be queuing round the block to give him considerably more, so he wonít have that as leverage.

Iíd offer him pretty much the same again (if Roy wants him). I do agree with you that I wouldnít give him considerably more, but I doubt weíd need to.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:01 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
I'd offer him a 1+1 year deal if he's game as long as Roy stays
Old 06-02-2018, 02:05 PM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 14-03-2018, 10:42 AM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Sako is back doing light CV today

I imagine this picture will go on his bedroom ceiling so so he can look at himself whilst he has sexy time

I suddenly feel very old and frumpy
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg sako1.jpeg (86.9 KB, 559 views)
File Type: jpeg sako2.jpeg (68.1 KB, 555 views)

davemorris04 doesn't take getting things wrong very well. A feeble excuse of a Palace fan ...chin up