Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-02-2018, 03:33 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Hodgson is conservative with his substitutions, many less experienced managers havent yet made the mistakes he has in his career, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt, that he only makes a sub if it will benefit the team, rather than Pardew who would do it as a gamble. I love a sub and normally like to guess who for who but yesterday I couldnt see who was the option other than Cabaye who was tired but I dont think it would have changed the game.

Warnock in his 2nd spell was the same, leaving it really late to make subs. I just think maybe it is a result of experience.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:52 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
But if he came on once to win a match and becomes a match winner does that title last forever or until he comes of the bench and doesn´t win the match so becomes a non match winner until he comes off the bench and wins the match next time and becomes a match winner again?

Glad someone knows what they're talking about
Old 05-02-2018, 04:01 PM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan's Jacket came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
Sorry mate - I just don't get that.
He isin't good enough for the PL.
He can pick a pass and certainly has an accurate shot on him, which is more than can be said for the rest of our first XI
Old 05-02-2018, 04:59 PM

Old Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Maybe he wasn’t confident about the fitness of the substitutes.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:28 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bill View Post
Maybe he wasn’t confident about the fitness of the substitutes.
Since January 2nd?
Old 05-02-2018, 05:51 PM

DHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
When we're hammering down the door for a winner, surely you only make a sub if they're likely to swing the game for us? With Sako now out, we don't have an obvious go-to, or someone who immediately injects momentum and energy into the side.

We could have brought on Sorloth, but Newcastle were putting three men around Benteke every time the ball went up and that's how we were pinning them back. They may not have paid the same attention to the new boy.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:12 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
His arguement is that unless he thinks someone on the bench can do better than what is on show then he will not make the sub. This makes sense in theory as the reason they are on the bench is they are not the best 11 players suited to win that match. We were playing well and creating chances. However sometimes a new player coming on causes a bit of panic, or defenders switch off as they think 'lovely, Townsend has gone off, my work here is done'....

Where this falls down is Roy is rigid with this, he could've chanced an extra forward yesterday and possibly gained two points from it.

Where he falls down even more is that this method means he plays the same 11/12 max for 90 mins each and every week. Im not saying all these injuries we have got are his fault, but no wonder some of our players havent looked fresh for a while when he never subs them off!!
Old 05-02-2018, 07:02 PM

Old Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes. Injuries worse than reported.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:06 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIan Hart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In today's press conference, Roy Hodgson observed how well Zaha had done to get through the whole game after getting the injury (in the first half). I can't help but wonder whether it might have been prudent to take him off the field as soon as he was injured - or at the very least at half time - and that if we had done so, his injury might not have developed so seriously. I suspect the reluctance to make substitutions has worked against us in that respect. I think most managers tend to remove a star player if he is injured, to prevent exacerbating the injury.

Of course, the counter argument is that if he had removed Wilf at that point, we would very likely have lost an important match to a rival, rather than drawing it (and indeed almost winning it) thanks to the problems he caused them in the second half
Old 10-02-2018, 07:58 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

I know it might seem as though I'm banging on about this, but I genuinely don't get it. Still none since January 2nd. I realise he has done great things for us, but that doesn't put him beyond constructive questioning of this strategy.

We are 3-0 down, and clearly the game is beyond us. We have some untried players on the bench who it would be very instructive to see, and no doubt really useful experience for them. There would never be a better time to introduce them. I genuinely can't think of any reason not to make substitutions today, whereas I can think of several reasons to have done so.

It simply makes no sense to me.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:25 PM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You clearly haven't read this thread.

We couldn't vs. Newcastle because we were in control, and everybody knows you don't make subs when you're in control.

We couldn't vs. Everton because our opponents were in control, and everybody knows you don't make subs when your opponents are in control.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:31 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Agreed Ian. Even if the starting XI are your best players, with 15-20 minutes to go fresh legs can make up the difference between ability and output. Similarly, I'd really have liked Rakip (at the very least) to have had a run to see how he can handle it.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 10-02-2018, 08:38 PM

KP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Van Aanholt booked after 54 he could have had a ban so a case for protecting that possibility with a sub. when the game was gone at 3 why not bring subs on. I dont think Hodgson is right in this and i also hope hes not thinking of keeping soroloth as a left sided striker as his interview suggested he should be in the centre instead of benteke.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:39 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
In previous games I've had sympathy with his decisions not to use subs, but I couldn't understand it today. Once the game was gone I would have liked to see Rakip, Riedewald and Wan-Bissaka given a run out and Cabaye, McArthur and Townsend given a rest.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:44 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
The players on the bench may have to be called into action at some stage if we get anymore injuries. Joel Ward starting today, first game back from injury and thrown into a makeshift defense. Would it not have been better to give him 15 minutes at somepoint during the last few games? Maybe Arsenal when we were losing 4-1? Just so he has some match sharpness, or saving Cabaye for 15 minutes today with Rieldewald? That is how Sako starting pushing for a start is by surprising us all off the bench. I just think its abit dangerous to run our players into the ground if the game is obviously lost. We can learn more about certain players, regain players to match fitness incase they have to debutise or atleast save them from injury in the dying moments.

Last edited by MFBias; 10-02-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:00 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Very good points, mfbias
Old 11-02-2018, 02:25 AM
CPFC 4 Life, now in NY.

VSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
In previous games I've had sympathy with his decisions not to use subs, but I couldn't understand it today. Once the game was gone I would have liked to see Rakip, Riedewald and Wan-Bissaka given a run out and Cabaye, McArthur and Townsend given a rest.
Agree
Old 11-02-2018, 06:48 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have faith. Roy knows what he’s doing
Old 11-02-2018, 08:21 AM

aashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogya View Post
Based on what? What are the chances he will get another Premier League club? If we stay up, there is a golden chance for us to rebuild squad given that there are so many players out of contract.
Ha ha rebuild a squad. Good one
Old 11-02-2018, 08:25 AM

aashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaashman12 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
I know it might seem as though I'm banging on about this, but I genuinely don't get it. Still none since January 2nd. I realise he has done great things for us, but that doesn't put him beyond constructive questioning of this strategy.

We are 3-0 down, and clearly the game is beyond us. We have some untried players on the bench who it would be very instructive to see, and no doubt really useful experience for them. There would never be a better time to introduce them. I genuinely can't think of any reason not to make substitutions today, whereas I can think of several reasons to have done so.

It simply makes no sense to me.
All he's going to do is piss these players off. Dragging them round the country with no playing time at all.