Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: gambleaware.co.uk

Old 29-01-2018, 01:27 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
BM Winter Olympics 2018 - Pyeongchang Special

It is that time of (every other) year when the Olympics come around and we gamble on them.

Previous Winners

2008 Beijing - pauldrulez
2012 London - Stigma
2014 Sochi - srs9jps
2016 Rio - Funk Butter

The rules are as follows:
  • Bets only allowed on Olympic events.
  • If you are interested, declare your In-ness by the Opening Ceremonies. I think I'll be waiving this rule.
  • Each entrant will have 35 bets.
  • Of your 35 bets you will have 20 Bronze bets which will be the normal 10pts - 10 Silver bets which will be 15pts and 5 Gold bets which will be worth 20pts per bet. Please indicate when placing a bet what value it is by putting a B, S or G next to it.
  • The Ostapchuk Rule: If one of your bets is positively affected by a competitor getting a positive drug test, it must happen before the penultimate day of competition. This is to make sure everyone has a chance to counterbet.

In previous iterations of the competition, we've had each bettor name an event that everybody has to bet on and in Sochi we had a random event picked every day that everybody had to bet on. I'm happy to take suggestion on ways to spice up this comp.

Here's a good look at a calendar showing when events run and when medals are awarded: To view the link you have to Register or Login

NOTE:I have just moved around the world and my computer is in pieces in my suitcase. I'm not sure if I will have it up and running by the time the competition starts. If somebody (with a Windows version of Excel 2013 or higher) wants to be my backup in case I can't get it running, let me know. I have a spreadsheet that handles all the calculations and standings that I can walk you thru, if need be.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 25-02-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:25 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Gold Bet 1

Norway to win most gold medals @ 1.73 at Skybet
Old 10-02-2018, 10:51 AM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
Gold Bet 1

Norway to win most gold medals @ 1.73 at Skybet
But of course..

Bet 1 - Bronze bet
Biathlon Womens 7.5km Sprint Winner
Laura Dahlmeier 5
Will Hill
29/05/04 Crystal Palace – West Ham 1-0
28/02/04 Crystal Palace – Gillingham 1-0
02/02/02 Sheffield W – Crystal Palace 1-3
02/10/99 Crystal Palace – Portsmouth 4-0
Old 10-02-2018, 10:56 AM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bet 2 - Bronze bet
Biathlon Womens 7.5km Sprint Winner
Tiril Eckhoff
17 with Coral
Old 10-02-2018, 11:01 AM
Norwegian red and blue

Bet 3 - Bronze bet
Ski Jumping Men's Normal Hill
Winner: Kamil Stoch 2,5
Unibet
Old 10-02-2018, 12:22 PM
Panty Organizer

I think I am at a distinct disadvantage if this thing is a heads-up battle.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:24 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Hehe..Hopefully some more will join as usual Bet 1 won, bet 2 lost.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:30 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What are the odds on Andreas Wank winning the ski jump?
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:46 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
What are the odds on Andreas Wank winning the ski jump?
That gold medal is as good as in the palm of his hand.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:30 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
That gold medal is as good as in the palm of his hand.
I do hope that he pulls it off. It will be a blow if he doesn't.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:31 AM
Panty Organizer

Silver Bet 1

Men's Freestyle Moguls
Ikuma Horishima to medal
@ 2.75 at Nordicbet

Bronze Bet 1

Men's Freestyle Moguls
Ikuma Horishima to win gold medal
@ 12.0 at Nordicbet
Old 12-02-2018, 02:00 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
Silver Bet 1

Men's Freestyle Moguls
Ikuma Horishima to medal
@ 2.75 at Nordicbet

Bronze Bet 1

Men's Freestyle Moguls
Ikuma Horishima to win gold medal
@ 12.0 at Nordicbet
Losers
Old 12-02-2018, 05:25 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Bet 4 - Bronze
Mens Individual Sprint Classic - Top 3 Finish
Alex Harvey 2.45
Marathonbet
Old 12-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Bet 5 - Bronze
Womens 10km Free Winner
Marit Bjψrgen
4.5 Sportingbet
Old 12-02-2018, 05:27 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Bet 6 - Silver
Mens Curling Winner, Canada
1.8 Marathonbet
Old 13-02-2018, 05:21 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Bets 3/4 lost.
Old 13-02-2018, 05:22 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Bet 7 Bronze
Mens 15Km free winner
Martin Johnsrud Sundby
4.7 Marathonbet
Old 13-02-2018, 05:23 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Bet 8 - Bronze
Womens 15km Individual Winner
Laura Dahlmeier
2.3 Marathonbet
Old 15-02-2018, 01:59 PM
Panty Organizer

Stigma, can you do me a favor. I'm using OpenOffice, so I can't use all the VBA I had on my Excel spreadsheet. I just have the bets listed in one column. Can you list your bets as Gold Bet 1, Silver Bet 1, Silver Bet 2, Bronze Bet 20, etc?

Code:
Pos   Name           Points             Bets              (G/S/B)
1.   Stigma           50      (6  settled - 2  in play)   (0/1/7)
2.   Funk Butter      0       (2  settled - 1  in play)   (1/1/1)

Last edited by Funk Butter; 15-02-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 16-02-2018, 02:42 PM
Panty Organizer

Silver Bet 2

Womens 12.5km Mass Start Winner
Laura Dahlmeier @ 3.25 at Unibet

Bronze Bet 2

Womens 12.5km Mass Start Winner
Kaisa Makarainen @ 14.0 at Marathon