Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 26-02-2018, 03:46 PM
Probationary User

scrantonwut sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkscrantonwut sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkscrantonwut sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkscrantonwut sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkscrantonwut sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkscrantonwut sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkscrantonwut sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkscrantonwut sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkscrantonwut sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkscrantonwut sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkscrantonwut sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
You can usually guarantee in the sunday league I play in that there'll be at least one foul throw call a game. To see three in a prem game is stupid.

Foul throws in the professional game are common, but the lack of penalising them is criminal.
Old 26-02-2018, 03:47 PM

MikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantonwut View Post
To see three in a prem game is stupid. .
Spread bet.
Old 26-02-2018, 04:07 PM
. . . . .- --. .-.. . ...

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBaby View Post
Spread bet.
Yep. Wouldn't surprise me if 'strange betting patterns' gets mentioned over the next few days.
Old 26-02-2018, 07:40 PM

Sureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Giving away possession from throw-in has always been a problem for Palace with different players and under different managers. Playing a percentage ball to Benteke to flick straight to opposition player. In fact, now, I laugh and correctly predict that the ball will be with the opposition in less than 10 seconds after our throw in. All other teams manage to retain possession after throw in...I don't know why can't manage it . Yesterday, I noted several time when PVA waited until every Spurs player was in position and then looped the ball towards Benteke. Even if Benteke won the header, the ball was with Spurs in few seconds. A simpler throw backwards towards the unmarked Tomkins was often a more sensible option.

As I say, this is not a problem with any specific player or manager. It has been around for a lot longer than the last 5 seasons in PL.
Old 26-02-2018, 08:07 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nothing to see here...been the same for 30 years at least.

95% of the time it's either;

a) If the throw is in our half it's down the line to the middle of 4 players (2 from either side) and hope we come out with it; or

b) If the throw is in the opposition half, stand for ages waiting for an option (that never comes), then as the crowd get restless, throw it anywhere. If by chance it goes to our player, they immediately mis-control it and it goes out for a throw the other way.

Doesn't annoy me any more, just makes me reminisce about full-backs of yester-year.
Old 26-02-2018, 08:18 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Didn't we used to do the long throw-in to the middle of the penalty area rather well? ISTR they were as good as corners. Instead what we do now is drop the ball at the feet of one of the wide players in which case one of three things happens: a) he loses it almost at once b) he hoofs it into space and calls it a "cross" or c) it's Wilf.

Last edited by chateauferret; 26-02-2018 at 08:21 PM.
Old 26-02-2018, 08:20 PM

HurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post
Nothing to see here...been the same for 30 years at least.

95% of the time it's either;

a) If the throw is in our half it's down the line to the middle of 4 players (2 from either side) and hope we come out with it; or

b) If the throw is in the opposition half, stand for ages waiting for an option (that never comes), then as the crowd get restless, throw it anywhere. If by chance it goes to our player, they immediately mis-control it and it goes out for a throw the other way.

Doesn't annoy me any more, just makes me reminisce about full-backs of yester-year.
Perfectly spot on. Two places I see these sequences - Down the council pitches and at Selhurst Park.