Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 25-02-2018, 07:22 PM

cpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Nothings changed

As gutted we all are at the lost point it changes nothing.

Unfortunately, we are robbed of big players that would enable us to have a go at these tough set of games and pick up few points.

Unless we get a few unexpected points from United/Chelsea/Liverpool, Our battle starts from Huddersfield and with key players back for the run in hopefully we will need 36 min to 38 points i think.

1st scenario 2nd scenario
Huddersfield Town v Crystal Palace W D
Crystal Palace v Liverpool L L
AFC Bournemouth v Crystal Palace D W
Crystal Palace v Brighton & Hove Albion W D
Watford v Crystal Palace L L
Crystal Palace v Leicester City D D
Stoke City v Crystal Palace L D
Crystal Palace v West Bromwich Albion W W

Total points 38 Total points 37

Now, this is my way to get perspective of what we can achieve till the end of the season instead of worrying like every weekend is do or die.

I think these 2 scenarios are achievable with players back and that's writing united and chelsea off.

that run in does not scare me and with players back and the need for momentum for last 6-8 games I would choose these all day long.

Of course Just my humble view.
Old 25-02-2018, 07:25 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Don't know where the points will come from or which games, but as long as we get some players back we will have a chance. Understandable to expect nothing from the immediate matches coming up though.
Old 25-02-2018, 07:28 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
You've just given me a headache.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 25-02-2018, 07:29 PM

cpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc 81 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I gave myself one. Cant take the stress
Old 25-02-2018, 07:33 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
On paper, and with players back, we should be fine. But we will be under massive pressure as we will almost certainly be in the relegation zone when we go to Huddersfield. And we may still have key players missing. There is no pace or creativity going forward apart from Zaha and Townsend. Both are crucial because we need both to play the last 6 games minimum. I haven't given up hope but it will be tough.
Old 25-02-2018, 07:45 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Lets put it this way, its much better to have 12 players missing vs Spurs, United and Chelsea then if we had them for those and not Huddersfield, Brighton, Stoke etc

This does of course rely on said players not getting injured again!!!
Old 25-02-2018, 08:35 PM

andy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
When I read the title of this thread - "nothing's changed" - I thought back to our first game back in the Premier League following promotion 5 years ago.
Old 25-02-2018, 08:44 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
So we are suddenly going to throw the form book out of the window and start playing beyond ourselves from Huddersfield onwards...?

Huddersfield and Bournemouth are going to be the toughest games of the lot because they will be so up for it and have home advantage.
Old 25-02-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
So we are suddenly going to throw the form book out of the window and start playing beyond ourselves from Huddersfield onwards...?

Huddersfield and Bournemouth are going to be the toughest games of the lot because they will be so up for it and have home advantage.
Form is always 1 game away from a complete change in previous form if that makes sense
Old 25-02-2018, 08:48 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc 81 View Post
Form is always 1 game away from a complete change in previous form if that makes sense
Yep, hope so.
Old 25-02-2018, 08:49 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I sense this time it will all end in tears, we cant keep doing a firefighting job season after season, and the wally we have now will likely be the chump that takes us down, its not all his fault though, the club has issues from top to bottom.
Old 25-02-2018, 08:55 PM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
I sense this time it will all end in tears, we cant keep doing a firefighting job season after season, and the wally we have now will likely be the chump that takes us down, its not all his fault though, the club has issues from top to bottom.
And you’re one of them
Old 25-02-2018, 08:57 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
And you’re one of them
good grief, surely not, if there was internet forums back in the day I would have been just as caustic about Mullery
Old 26-02-2018, 07:18 PM

PhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Someone mentioned Stoke have a tough run-in. Looked @ their last ten games & 4 are against top-six teams plus one v Everton who are 7th I think. So IF they lose these games they're likely to be in deeper than we are. Shaqiri could be their saviour though, he seems to know what to do & is by far their best player IMO.
Old 26-02-2018, 08:20 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Lose to Huddersfield and it’s see ya later
Old 26-02-2018, 08:33 PM

CamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Even with some of the injured players back, if Benteke doesn't start taking his chances it's hard to see how we survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post

Old 26-02-2018, 10:03 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy m View Post
When I read the title of this thread - "nothing's changed" - I thought back to our first game back in the Premier League following promotion 5 years ago.
I thought it must be something to do with our dear Prime Minister’s finest election press conference.
Old 26-02-2018, 10:10 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc 81 View Post
Form is fickle.