Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 14-02-2018, 03:25 AM
Reformed Alcoholic!!

Location: Just off Pippins Bridge, very near to the town of Biffon!
Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Glaws Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
On this day ...... Feb 14th 1976. Chelsea 2 Crystal Palace 3.

On this day ...... Feb 14th 1976

Another year on .... 42 years ago ... where have the years gone??

No apologies for posting this one more time ......yes, it's that time of the year again ....

Forget Valentines day, I remember this date for one reason, and one reason only.

Stamford Bridge, FA Cup fifth round. Feb 14 1976.

Chelsea 2 Crystal Palace 3.

I was 15, my first exposure to football hooliganism first hand, and remember the whole day as if it was yesterday!!

From getting on the bus in the morning for the 2 hour journey, the intimidation queing to get in, Allison going to the Shed and doing "thumbs down, 3-0", going 2 nil up, horses on terraces, Peter Taylors winner, my Chelsea mates not waiting for me afterwards, the game on MOTD, coats for goalposts isnt it???

And for all you unluckly people who havent seen it yet ...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Drebin, posing as a locksmith, enters a man's office and is greeted by the resident with …. "Who are you and how did you get in here?" to which Drebin replies, "I'm a locksmith ... and I'm a locksmith."
Old 14-02-2018, 04:58 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My first ever away game, I was 11, I went with a Chelsea supporting older cousins boyfriend, and after several trips to selhurst before this, I was hooked.
The agro was a bit scary, but it didn’t stop me going to my next away game which was millwall, I knew how to pick ‘em!!
Old 14-02-2018, 06:21 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fair brought a tear to me that did. Fantastic cup run for a third division team at the time (now division one). That was some of the very best from Peter Taylor. The second and last third flight player to be picked for England. He oozed class.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 14-02-2018, 06:34 AM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
One of my great memories as a Palace fan (the result). The violence that day was extraordinary, I have an unhealthy dislike for Chelsea and their fans since that day.
Old 14-02-2018, 07:15 AM

western eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestern eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was 13 at the time. Went with the whole family, (Both parents, brother & sister), travelling from the South coast. A great day. It felt so exciting supporting that Palace team. With Big Mal, Venables, Ian Evans, Whittle and Taylor etc.
The hooliganism was scary, but the atmosphere electric and Taylor's performance was superb.
Old 14-02-2018, 07:18 AM

Lingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brilliant day, I was 16 and made a hasty recovery from the flu. What amazes me is that it was second division v third division and there were over 54,000 in attendance and it was the biggest game of the day. We will probably never see the likes of that again.
Old 14-02-2018, 07:44 AM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My first time at Chelsea and entered through the Shed End by mistake but eventually got in to the Stand opposite where the players came out from.
Seems strange now but I'm sure I heard the ball hit the net from Peter Taylor's free kick.
Old 14-02-2018, 08:01 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Everybody was Kung fu fighting...... la,la,la,la,la,la,la
Old 14-02-2018, 08:51 AM
I believe in Sørloth

Raggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was too young to be there, but just love the footage.

The way that Chatterton takes a painfully long time to hammer home the first open goal.
The terrible pitch, packed terraces.
Old 14-02-2018, 09:57 AM
red and blue army

PalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i was 14 and for some reason my Dad got tickets in the seats high up in their main stand so i had a birds eye view of it all. I think it was because on our previous visit to stamford bridge he had gone straight into the shed end me complete with Palace painted stool to stand on and thought maybe i won't do that again.
The 2-3 will always be one of my favourite games ever, Peter Taylor in his prime.
Old 15-02-2018, 04:06 PM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi View Post
i was 14 and for some reason my Dad got tickets in the seats high up in their main stand so i had a birds eye view of it all. I think it was because on our previous visit to stamford bridge he had gone straight into the shed end me complete with Palace painted stool to stand on and thought maybe i won't do that again.
There were still quite a few Palace in the Shed jumping up and down when PT scored the winner, infact there were lots of Palace in all areas, confirmed when we were homing in on the final whistle with "Eagles, Eagles" booming around Stamford Bridge just like a home game at Selhurst
"That’s the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 16-02-2018, 05:38 PM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's hard to imagine in this day and age that the game wasn't all ticket.
Old 16-02-2018, 06:35 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Crikey, that was a match and a half on the North Stand. You just couldn't imagine an afternoon like that happening or being tolerated nowadays.
Old 24-02-2018, 06:33 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0641C45C-4FB3-4F5C-A49A-AF86A5EC1294.jpeg (148.7 KB, 37 views)
Old 26-02-2018, 10:36 PM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was in the West Stand seating.
Great day.
Much better experience than the semi final defeat at the same venue.