Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-02-2018, 09:00 AM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
As I've said Delaney has been a wonderful servant to Palace. Arguably without him Palace would not have won promotion or stayed up in that first season. Like Paddy McCarthy, who had he not returned from injury in the nick of time to be a 'Hillsboro Hero' the Palace history would probably be very different.

I think it would be a shame to see criticism of Delaney as was seen of McCarthy staying past his time.

There is no shame in aging and losing sporting prowess. It is inevitable. The Club owe it to Delaney to manage his legacy of good service.
Old 28-02-2018, 09:39 AM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hong Kong Eagle View Post
Really nothing left to say, Damo comes on , almost immediately we concede from a set piece.

If SP wants to give DD an extra million quid thats up to him, but give him a job in the club where he can't negatively influence games.

I can't see a convincing argument that young, absolute unit Polish international centre half would have contributed less
I generally agree with your sentiment especially Jach, although unusually for me, I don't blame Delaney entirely for Spurs winner, as he came on so late. Our defence within out him didn't exactly do themselves credit against Arsenal and Everton away.

I still think it's bizarre we let Mariappa drift away from the club, but kept Delaney, the former one of the best jumpers/headers we had, whereas the latter can't seem to get off the ground. People might say Mariappa isn't good enough for the EPL (Watford would disagree, and he was good enough under Pulis), but are Kelly, Riedewald, TFM or Jach better?
Old 28-02-2018, 12:05 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bin View Post
I generally agree with your sentiment especially Jach, although unusually for me, I don't blame Delaney entirely for Spurs winner, as he came on so late. Our defence within out him didn't exactly do themselves credit against Arsenal and Everton away.

I still think it's bizarre we let Mariappa drift away from the club, but kept Delaney, the former one of the best jumpers/headers we had, whereas the latter can't seem to get off the ground. People might say Mariappa isn't good enough for the EPL (Watford would disagree, and he was good enough under Pulis), but are Kelly, Riedewald, TFM or Jach better?

Agree 100% re Mariappa
Old 28-02-2018, 12:43 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I’m constantly surprised at some of the flack Dammo has received in recent weeks.
He has been a fabulous servant, cost us nothing, and saved us on numerous occasions over the years.
Okay, so he is not as quick or as sharp as he was, but he’s obviously coming towards the end of his career. I’m not sure what people expect!

He had served us well and deserves respect, not the abuse that some have given him.
Old 28-02-2018, 12:48 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
Im constantly surprised at some of the flack Dammo has received in recent weeks.
He has been a fabulous servant, cost us nothing, and saved us on numerous occasions over the years.
Okay, so he is not as quick or as sharp as he was, but hes obviously coming towards the end of his career. Im not sure what people expect!

He had served us well and deserves respect, not the abuse that some have given him.
The problem is, over the last couple of years he has been a bit of a twat.

that isn't to take away how good he once was.
Old 28-02-2018, 01:07 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
The problem is, over the last couple of years he has been a bit of a twat.

that isn't to take away how good he once was.
Really? Whilst I agree he's not anything like the ability for this level anymore he has almost always kept himself in top shape and happily put on the shirt when called upon, whilst giving 100%. We have had plenty of others over the years and still do at the club that show nothing like the dedication he has.
Old 28-02-2018, 01:53 PM
Probationary User

ellbr worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterellbr worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterellbr worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterellbr worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterellbr worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterellbr worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterellbr worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterellbr worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterellbr worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterellbr worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterellbr worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Tower of a guy for the club. Play off final , Liverpool to name 2. can leave at end of season with head held high.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:04 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Rumour has it that Damo was offered another year but has decided to hang up his boots to take on triathlons ,
Good luck Damo we will never forget the many many great games and moments you had with us , Thanks Damo .
Old 09-05-2018, 09:08 PM

palace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace4me : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Would be sad to see him go, although I understand.

Was my favourite player for a long time, a promotion hero, and great in the PL too, costa in his pocket.

If he does go, all my best, would also be just as happy to see him for stay for another year as backup.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:09 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
Rumour has it that Damo was offered another year .
I'm sorry but that is ******* ludicrous if true.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:10 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
A promotion hero, totally committed player and a nice bloke. Wish him all the very best if true
Old 09-05-2018, 09:11 PM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
I'm sorry but that is ******* ludicrous if true.
Id be surprised if that were true.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:11 PM

carter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Rumour can’t be true surely. If it was you’d have to question why Freedman is really here! Delaney should not be playing for us next season truthfully.

A Palace hero. What a career he has had with us. All the best Damo
Old 09-05-2018, 09:25 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Definitely a Palace hero but he will be 37 in July.

Would be a total waste of a squad place.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 09-05-2018, 09:32 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
He could still put Diego Costa in his pocket though .
Old 09-05-2018, 09:32 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
He could still put Diego Costa in his pocket though .

Legend has it that hes still there.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:34 PM

Lee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee B : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hero
Old 09-05-2018, 09:37 PM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
This guy was thinking his career was over while at Ipswich in 2012. He then moved to Palace, played in a promotion winning side and was a mainstay of a Premier League side for 2-3 years. Got the most out of his abilities and a great servant. Good luck Damo.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 09-05-2018, 09:38 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Legend has it that hes still there.
Another rumour has it that Costa pushed the 'Letico deal to get as far away from Damo as he could.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:38 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
I'll never forget that scene, shortly after the final whistle in the Play-Off Final, and picked up by a TV camera. He had come off the pitch and gone into the tunnel, where he crouched down, and leaned against the wall shaking his head in disbelief. He was clearly in disbelief about what had happened to him in those few months between his contract not being renewed at Ipswich, him eventually being picked up by bottom-of-the-table Palace, and now being promoted to the Premier League.

I'd much rather remember him for that magical moment, and other heroic games he played for us, than embarrassing performances we would doubtless see if he carried on playing at this level.