Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 16-02-2018, 09:39 AM
Around the Fur

Seba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
NUIG will play UCD in the Sigerson cup final on saturday. The first time the Galway students have reached the final in ages, so best of luck to them.

UCD will be missing Liam Silke as Corofin are playing Moorefield in the club All Ireland semi final on the same day. Molloy will be missing from NUIG for the same reason.

Then Galway play Roscommon in the FBD League final on the Sunday. The weather has played hell with the fixtures this winter.

In other news, ex-Palace legend Kevin Doyle has joined the Wexford U20s management panel. It's great to see him getting back into the GAA after retiring from soccerball with head issues.

And I'm hearing of a new Gaelic football club in South London called Wandsworth Gaels. I imagine they'll be more competitive than the british army team that started up a couple of years ago. Their shooting was dreadful.
Interesting about Kevin Doyle. I'll keep an eye out for him and their fixtures.

That FBD League final should be a good one. Fancy Galway. We've a new lad at work who started this week and this will be his first GAA match. Will be interesting to see both how he gets on and how he finds GAA in general.

He asked me "where do you do with your gear at the end of the match and the supporters run on?" I said that GAA supporters are scumbags like soccer fans back home, they tend to just run to their stars in the middle!
Old 16-02-2018, 03:22 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
I reckon both Galway & Roscommon will throw out scratch sides. Nobody really gives a shite about the FBD.

And your final sentence is rubbish. The two times I've ran on the pitch after a Galway game it was pure luck that I ended up right by Pádraic Joyce trying to get his jersey.
Old 20-02-2018, 05:00 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
The FBD was a high scoring match, fair play to Roscommon on the late win. I was told the injury time free was soft, but I haven't seen it yet. And as stated I'm not that bothered about the FBD.

UCD beat NUIG. Sounds like Comer, who was causing merry hell earlier, ran out of steam and UCD went on to win.

I did watch the Corofin v Moorefield match. Farragher's red card after 2 minutes was a joke. I'm glad they still won and hopefully his card will be rescinded. No place for play acting in GAA (or any sport, to be fair).
Old 21-02-2018, 08:59 AM
Around the Fur

Seba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Read about that red card, and only just seen the footage. Very very harsh. I've seen a lot worse go completely unpunished!
Old 28-02-2018, 05:04 PM

Galway march on by beating Kerry for the first time in years (senior level).

My brother in law is from Monaghan so I hope our good run continues as we play the Farney next. And I'm hoping we haven't peaked too early, it's all about Mayo in the Championship in May to be honest.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:17 PM

All GAA fixtures cancelled for this weekend due to the weather.

Keep warm, Seba. A large bottle of Jameson Redbreast should do it.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:22 AM
Around the Fur

Thanks mate!

Got my mother stranded here after her flight was cancelled on Wednesday. Fingers crossed for the rescheduled flight on Saturday morning.

All sport has gone, so not sure what the weekend will consist of. Meant to be doing a job in Westport tomorrow morning, but really can't see that happening!
Old 02-03-2018, 12:22 PM

Great pubs in Westport lad. Get stuck in. (Don't climb Cruach Phádraig though.)
Old 13-03-2018, 12:34 PM

Not a peep from my brother in law after Sunday. Perfect.

Bring on the Jackeens (gulp).
Old 17-03-2018, 02:18 PM

Happy St Patrick's Day. Great start by Corofin. Enjoy your pints today.
Old 17-03-2018, 02:34 PM
Around the Fur

Quote:
Happy St Patrick's Day. Great start by Corofin. Enjoy your pints today.
Happy St Patrick's Day, lads!

Got off the ferry this morning about 11:30 in Dublin after 6 days at Cheltenham Festival. Good to be home. The Irish gave the Brits a good thrashing and Gordon Elliott took home the leading trainer.

Dublin v Tipp in the hurling for me tomorrow. Was meant to be in Castlebar, but got switched, thank god!
Old 17-03-2018, 04:07 PM

Purepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Happy St Patrick's Day

So far so good ��
Old 18-03-2018, 09:23 PM
Around the Fur

Quote:
Not a peep from my brother in law after Sunday. Perfect.

Bring on the Jackeens (gulp).
Great result!
Old 22-03-2018, 10:35 AM

Should have won, then should have lost, then snatched a draw which seemed fair (I listened to it on RTÉ radio). Sounded like some pulling & dragging at the end. Which sets things up nicely for the final on Easter Sunday. The bigger spaces in Croke Park and a stronger Dublin side should blow us away, but we didn't exactly show our full hand last week either; the likes of Comer & Brannigan started on the bench.

I haven't got around to watching the Sunday game yet, but I hear Pat Spillane who has been rubbishing Galway all winter has now changed his tune as our unbeaten run continues.

Once (if) the Corofin lads sober up they'll make it even more competitive for a starting place in the Galway side, although I'm hearing that Silke is heading off to America for the summer. He'll be a miss.

Tyrone gave Mayo a going over so Mayo v Donegal in Ballybofey could be a tense old tussle.
Old 26-03-2018, 09:23 PM
Around the Fur

Please, PLEASE beat Dublin in the League Final. I can't stand them.

Did the preview shots of the match today with Shane Walsh and John Small. Small was late by an HOUR! 10-15 minutes I can handle, I'll roll my eyes and crack on. But an hour! And when he turned up he was so uninterested. He's getting paid to do this. Some of their players have a shocking attitude.

Walsh was a nice lad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1472883.jpg (146.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 1472885.jpg (127.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 27-03-2018, 11:35 AM

Walsh is a lovely footballer, with the potential to be one of the best if he applied himself the whole time in a match. He's got that silky way of moving that the likes of Micheal Donnellan had - and what a player he was.

I fully expect to get beat out of the gate by a full strength Dublin side in the big fields of Croke Park, but it's still been a great league campaign by Galway. I just hope we haven't peaked too early so we can give the summer a good rattle, starting with Mayo in May. They well & truly pulled themselves out of the mire in Donegal at the weekend.

Have you heard the rumours about Diarmuid Connolly not playing this summer? He'll be a miss for the Dubs if true.
Old 27-03-2018, 11:37 AM

John Small even manages to look like a prick in your preview shoot.
Old 27-03-2018, 11:42 AM
Around the Fur

Quote:
Have you heard the rumours about Diarmuid Connolly not playing this summer? He'll be a miss for the Dubs if true.
Did hear/read something in passing about him not playing. Would be a huge loss for them, but great for everyone else!
Old 04-04-2018, 08:34 AM

Bloody Jacks. When Dublin went down to 14 men I thought we had them. Then the ref gave a free for nothing & they quickly tagged on two more points. We didn't recover from that. The Irish Times referred to Comer as an oversugared toddler. He caused havoc again, which bodes well. If we can get Daly fit, Burke back in from Corofin & Cummins continues to recover from injury we're not a bad side. A bit like Palace; rope a dope then break at lightning speed.

All roads lead to Mayo in May now for the Championship. Gaillimh abú.
Old 29-04-2018, 08:00 PM

Tyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnTyrone Eagle lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Lump it on to New York to beat Leitrim.

Jamie Clarke is over playing with them this year.

And Tyrone for Sam

- John Maynard Keynes