Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:43 AM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
for me TFM is such a hit or miss player. Ten years from now he could be a top international player regularly playing in the Champions League just as much as he could well end up in the Belgian second division. The talent is obviously there but the errors he is prone to could be his undoing at this level
Old 02-03-2018, 11:59 AM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoll View Post
We had no choice but to say yes
I agree with this and it's based on the context of the deal. We chose to leave our business to the last day in the hope that we might get a player for cheaper. If that is the strategy and it's agreed that a striker is an absolute must beforehand then I think you need to be prepared that a fee might go up as well as down on the last day; that is the gamble you take when you play the market like us. To not be prepared for a fee to go up or be willing to pay it with all your eggs in that player's basket is the failure IMO, given we had all summer to sort out a deal if we wanted to.

Anyway...back to TFM...I like him a lot and think he will be a top player. I also like his attitude and the fact that he seems to care, there is a stark contrast to some of the players we actually own.

Last edited by BringbackShipps; 02-03-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:05 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Easy for someone to say who has no idea of the finances of the club. Other clubs like QPR threw money at the problem, it didnt get them very far.
Not to mention every agent will then **** us over as we have shown we will allow then to.

2-5million could be ten/twenty times the cost going forward...

Saying no was 100% the right thing to do and I would rather see us in the Championship then being bent over by an agent.

We should never have allowed ourselves to be in that position to begin with!
Old 05-03-2018, 09:01 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Leroy Sane has said TFM has been the toughest opponent he's come across.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:22 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
for me TFM is such a hit or miss player. Ten years from now he could be a top international player regularly playing in the Champions League just as much as he could well end up in the Belgian second division. The talent is obviously there but the errors he is prone to could be his undoing at this level
He’s 20!

I’ve said all along ward is a better right back right now. Tomkins and Sakho are better cbs too. But he will be epic. As you say it could go either way of course but he has huge potential. His weaknesses at the moment are exactly what you expect from a young, inexperienced player. The misses are that youth.. the hits are because of his natural ability and potential.

For me I’m not sure if he’ll be a rb or cb as he has a couple of standout weaknesses.

At Center back he’s generally (though not against spurs) got a great tackle, almost always (again, not spurs) perfectly timed. He reads the game well and comes out of defence to intercept a threat and has bags of pace. At the moment he’s weak in the air though, consistently. He’s also prone to a rush of blood I guess as a few rushed clearances that have got us in trouble. That last bit is youth I’m sure but the weakness in the air is a major flaw and something he’d have to improve to be a cb. He is 20 though and the rest of his game is fantastic for that age.

At rb again his pace is phenomenal, tackling excellent in fact his well timed sliding tackles have thrived with the added space he gets here. Also playing next to kelly he got a few chances to show that off. His positioning is poor though, he often gets caught between the midfield and the defence and lets a man behind, drifting more centrally. Not just when he’s been forward either. The other thing he does at rb that he doesn’t centrally is he stands off his man. Yes that means combined with his pace his man is rarely going to get past him but time ans again at right back they just crossed it around him as he left them the space to do it. The other thing is despite his pacy runs forward I’ve never seen such a consistently bad crosser of the ball. Rarely stay on the pitch. Think it’s the same rush of blood perhaps. Again, he’s 20. A few things to work on and he’ll be a fantastic player I’m sure

This season ideally ward, Sakho and Tomkins are there but he’s decent for asquad player and if we stayed up and signed him I’d be delighted for the future
Old 05-03-2018, 09:35 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Shows the lack of ability to judge players on the bbs
Old 05-03-2018, 10:00 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Shows the lack of ability to judge players on the bbs
Sane has played him afew times where as others have watched him all season. I think he has been a good player to have in the squad. He has had some great games, however be has some poor ones too.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:03 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sane has played him afew times where as others have watched him all season. I think he has been a good player to have in the squad. He has had some great games, however be has some poor ones too.

Hes on a learning curve. Needs to be more intelligent... clever movement does him in every time.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:06 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
He tends to play poorly when the whole team plays bad. Hes a good player who is only 20 yrs old. Id love him to sign permanently. Hes going to be a top class footballer.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:12 AM

MonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMonsterMunch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Thing is his pace gets him out of a lot of situations So you can understand why Sane would think this. I do think he is a very good player but he is very hot and cold as you would expect at his age I suppose. As others have pointed out he is very limited going forward in terms of his crossing at distribution as a right back anyway. His crossing in particular is horrible.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:32 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
He tends to play poorly when the whole team plays bad. Hes a good player who is only 20 yrs old. Id love him to sign permanently. Hes going to be a top class footballer.
Yep
Old 05-03-2018, 10:34 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
I like him a lot. Manure will have had him watched all season and if they think the same about him he will be going nowhere though
Old 05-03-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
I like him a lot. Manure will have had him watched all season and if they think the same about him he will be going nowhere though
Think mourinho has said as much. He sees him as his right back
Old 05-03-2018, 12:11 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
At 19 they will keep him, and probably loan him out again next year to further his developement.
He's 20 and I think they'd cash in if we offered 10m + add-ons and sell-on clauses etc. But there's a long long way to go first.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:12 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
Belgian 2nd Division?! Jesus christ.

The Bloke is 20 years old, played over 30 Premier League games (including more than 10 for one of the biggest clubs in World Football (and the rest for United WAHEY!)), and 2 international caps for Holland.

He might not cut it at the elite level, but he's shown more than enough signs he will become an established Premier League player.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:02 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Belgian 2nd Division?! Jesus christ.

The Bloke is 20 years old, played over 30 Premier League games (including more than 10 for one of the biggest clubs in World Football (and the rest for United WAHEY!)), and 2 international caps for Holland.

He might not cut it at the elite level, but he's shown more than enough signs he will become an established Premier League player.
The trouble of taking other clubs young players who are still learning the game on loan.

Is he better at RB today than Joel Ward? Probably not, and where is the advantage to us of playing him there? All the upside is with Utd.

Same when you look at CB options.

Any player we take on loan should be experienced or with an intention to buying them so we are developing them for ourselves.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:08 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Haven't been very impressed with him so far, that said, he was pretty much our only option over the last couple of games. I know he's only 20.. but he's not Manchester United's level at all.

At right back he's looked poor, gives the ball away too much. He's quick and athletic but he would need 2-3 years of first team football to become a decent Premier League defender.

Prefer Ward at this time, although he's disappeared again?
Old 05-03-2018, 01:18 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
He's a good player and will become an even better player - fantastic athlete although he needs to improve in terms of his positional sense and technically, especially when crossing the ball at pace. But all of that will come with time. We'll be handing United back a better player than when he arrived.

My problem with the TFM signing is that it wasn't the best use of a valuable premier league loan. He's done ok for us and it's not a criticism of him but we should have used that loan for a striker/attacking player.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:43 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Hes on a learning curve. Needs to be more intelligent... clever movement does him in every time.
?
Clever movement tends to do most players in. Thats a lack of experience not intelligence.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:55 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly View Post
At what cost to get two players of their quality though?
TFM, about 75k and a bag of crisps