Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:54 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigGcpfc View Post
Some people will read what they want to hear out of every snippet.
Read this: We are F**ked
No we are not. A solitary win takes us out of the relegation zone.

If you cannot hear that Zaha is working the the ball, or that Sakho is due back in training tomorrow and hear that with optimism then honestly i feel very sorry for you. Your life must be so negative and pessimistic it cannot be much fun.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:01 PM

bigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am a realist and normally quite upbeat in general. Palace have sucked the life out of me this season. No point in saying give up following them as I have enough good things that happen in life to counter balance my disappointments.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:20 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
I am a realist and normally quite upbeat in general. Palace have sucked the life out of me this season. No point in saying give up following them as I have enough good things that happen in life to counter balance my disappointments.
You are entitled to your views mate but to say you are normally upbeat is stretching it a bit. I've just read some of your past posts from 2016.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 08-03-2018, 10:44 PM

bigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am also a bi-polar schizophrenic.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:34 AM

Dr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I am also a bi-polar schizophrenic.

And a realist
Old 09-03-2018, 08:08 AM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
This is all in the script. We can't do things the easy way, never have.

We'll be fine.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:40 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Some encouraging news re Sakho, Wilf and RLC - looks like all could play next week or at
least on the bench. Sakho seems likely to play which is fantastic news. If we can get those three back then things will be looking much better. Hopefully Cabaye is close as well. Even wickham is back in training - it will be major boost to have him for the last six or so games.

That 'just' leaves Ward, Speroni plus the long term injuries who won't be back this season.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:17 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Some encouraging news re Sakho, Wilf and RLC - looks like all could play next week or at
least on the bench. Sakho seems likely to play which is fantastic news. If we can get those three back then things will be looking much better. Hopefully Cabaye is close as well. Even wickham is back in training - it will be major boost to have him for the last six or so games.

That 'just' leaves Ward, Speroni plus the long term injuries who won't be back this season.
They say 'it's the hope that kills you' but things would feel very different with those players available. Re Sakho, I didn't hear it as ready to play, more that he is starting light training.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:31 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wilf v Huddersfield scares me. That's the game we must win the problem is they only need a draw of course beating Chelsea would change that .
Old 09-03-2018, 09:47 AM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
The avoidance calculator is normally fairly easy to update. But with all the possible permutations coming into play for the last few games it is doing my nut in.
Nothing will be certain until the final whistle v WBA.

But I would love to hope we might possibly be safe before the final game. Especially if we smash the seaweed
Old 09-03-2018, 09:53 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
Wilf v Huddersfield scares me. That's the game we must win the problem is they only need a draw of course beating Chelsea would change that .
Indeed. Iíd be tempted to have him on the bench.

If he starts they will have planned to Ďdo himí and probably have someone with that role specifically.

We should have enough to beat them without him. Have him on the bench in case we need him.. not late late but half time perhaps if we arenít winning. Even if we are winning perhaps have him on for the last half an hour to scare them on the break, maybe their thugs will be on a yellow, tired, unable to keep up, less ready for him... just less time for him exposed!

If we are 2/3 up (haha.. I know but we are due some of those near misses going in!) then just leave him for the next game
Old 09-03-2018, 09:53 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Of course flip side is itís such a huge game we want our best player!

Iím just scared
Old 09-03-2018, 10:06 AM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
I feel a bit battle hardened for this now. I feel like we have the grit to come through this and with players returning, the ability too. I think we will get something out of the Chelsea game and then go on a good run.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:18 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
They say 'it's the hope that kills you' but things would feel very different with those players available. Re Sakho, I didn't hear it as ready to play, more that he is starting light training.
I got the impression from what Hodgson said that, providing Sakho comes through training today, that he may get on the bench. This must make him a strong contender for next week to start. If he's medically fit then it's just match fitness to sharpen up on. I've got a good feeling for next week with him.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:44 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Can’t help but feel Huddersfield game away is our biggest game of the season and that’s all because we threw away a 2 goal lead against United. That result would have put us in a brilliant position but now we’re playing catch up again. I’ve already written off tomorrow. Draw at Huddersfield is no good which is what they’ll take all day

Massive pressure on Hodgson and the players now. Good luck
Old 09-03-2018, 12:49 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Canít help but feel Huddersfield game away is our biggest game of the season and thatís all because we threw away a 2 goal lead against United. That result would have put us in a brilliant position but now weíre playing catch up again. Iíve already written off tomorrow. Draw at Huddersfield is no good which is what theyíll take all day

Massive pressure on Hodgson and the players now. Good luck

Weirdly, I think we have more chance of beating Chelsea than Huddersfield. Chelsea have a huge champions league game midweek coming up, hopefully theyíll have one eye on that. We never seem to do well up in Huddersfield, their crowd will be well up for it and the players know a win sees them safe pretty much.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:56 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
But it's not 'they only need a draw', really is it?

All clubs from 10th downwards will be scrapping for every point, working on the basis that there's so much up for grabs with 27 points for each club to play for. A draw would probably be a better result for them, but if other results go awry over the next few weeks, both sides could end up relegated come May

'Must win' doesn't come until the last few games of the year, IMHO (despite what the pundits would say); after all, they're looking to garner interest in their 'product', to support their betting advertisers.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:04 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
not playing wilf against huddersfield because they might target him is ridiculous. If he's fit, he plays, end of. We don't not play a player because of that, that's mental and weak. He got injured against Huddersfield i get that, did they go out to hurt him? doubt it. did they target our best player for a bit of rough treatment? probably and fair enough. Dust yourself down and get on with it. He'll be targeted by every team we play in the final 6 games, brighton, stoke, west brom, Bournemouth are just as likely to go out to stop him. Personally and this is not because it's huddersfield i'd look to start him from the bench and bring him on, potentially against chelsea also. Don't rush him back, but don't not play play him because someone might hurt him
Old 09-03-2018, 01:05 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
'Must win' doesn't come until the last few games of the year, IMHO (despite what the pundits would say); after all, they're looking to garner interest in their 'product', to support their betting advertisers.
this, the amount of games before Xmas i heard being called must wins is ridiculous. We have one must win game last season, Hull
Old 09-03-2018, 01:26 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
not playing wilf against huddersfield because they might target him is ridiculous. If he's fit, he plays, end of. We don't not play a player because of that, that's mental and weak. He got injured against Huddersfield i get that, did they go out to hurt him? doubt it. did they target our best player for a bit of rough treatment? probably and fair enough. Dust yourself down and get on with it. He'll be targeted by every team we play in the final 6 games, brighton, stoke, west brom, Bournemouth are just as likely to go out to stop him. Personally and this is not because it's huddersfield i'd look to start him from the bench and bring him on, potentially against chelsea also. Don't rush him back, but don't not play play him because someone might hurt him
Completely agree. By that logic we should never play him in case he gets injured. We need him fit for these games, heís our match winner