Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:08 PM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayeseagle38 View Post
That's a 'no' then!
Factory reset should sort it out for a bit. Think this was a known issue a while back, would have thought it would have been fixed by now.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Pant wetting Mavis

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
Thoughts... would like to get my mum a new phone for Xmas. Don't want to spend over £300.

Options:

OnePlus 3 (or 3T)
Honor 9

Others?

I have a OnePlus 3 and although it is not considered new, it receives regular updates and still does all tasks without any hassle at all. It has a lovely screen and charges super fast. Ticks all the boxes I think and I can get one for £289 now.

Honor 9 is newer..., but looking at specs, I think the OnePlus 3 still beats it.
Elephone S8

Had it since October and cheap as chips.

Too late for Xmas though!

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Pub Idol; 08-02-2018 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:27 PM

hayeseagle38 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turninghayeseagle38 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turninghayeseagle38 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turninghayeseagle38 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turninghayeseagle38 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turninghayeseagle38 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turninghayeseagle38 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turninghayeseagle38 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turninghayeseagle38 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turninghayeseagle38 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turninghayeseagle38 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
Factory reset should sort it out for a bit. Think this was a known issue a while back, would have thought it would have been fixed by now.

Thank you.
A Samsung issue then?
Old 09-02-2018, 08:57 PM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayeseagle38 View Post
[/B]

Thank you.
A Samsung issue then?
Friend had the same problem with an earlier Samsung phone, ~5-6 years ago.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:28 AM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Very impressed with the new Nokia options - particularly the Nokia 8 Sirocco and the 7 Plus. Just wish the Sirocco had a headphone jack. Other than that, it's got everything I would want from an Android phone: great design and build, dual lens camera, stock Android and (hopefully) a lower price point than the Pixel.
Old 29-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
My Note 8 updated to Oreo. Only difference I notice is nicer notifications. Anything else changed?
Old 29-03-2018, 11:54 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Has anyone ever swapped to Android after 5-10 years using iPhones and how did you find it?
Old 29-03-2018, 11:59 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
Has anyone ever swapped to Android after 5-10 years using iPhones and how did you find it?
seem to be waves of people leaving apple at the mo. I think people are finally seeing the light RE: cost and value
Old 29-03-2018, 12:00 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
not good.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 29-03-2018, 12:27 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Iíve had quite a few years on both

I was always Android but on the Isle of Man we couldnít get premium apps from the play store for some reason. Always not available in your country etc so while I lived there I had an iPhone.

Pros and cons to both ans I liked the iPhone. When I returned to England I was 50:50 and ended up tempted to get a Samsung. Whilst I was unsure before I decided I was glad I did. Happier with android for a phone but always an iPad for a tablet.

Just more customisable, better tech etc that said apps on iPhone were more stable. That gap is closing now with android getting better
Old 06-04-2018, 05:54 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Has anyone actually been using Bixby and is there any point? I sound like a bellend saying "Hi Bixby" and then the quinner doesn't know what I'm saying anyway, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:55 AM
el ballothundero

kiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone have any recommendations on a new phone? Due an upgrade. Currently have a Sony Z5 premium. Am on Vodafone and happy with the service, plus I get a hefty NHS discount with them, so don't want to change network.

Turning Wright Facebook Page

Turning Wright on Etsy

Maker of pens, turner of wood
Old 11-04-2018, 09:23 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiralyspyjamas View Post
Anyone have any recommendations on a new phone? Due an upgrade. Currently have a Sony Z5 premium. Am on Vodafone and happy with the service, plus I get a hefty NHS discount with them, so don't want to change network.
I've got a S7 edge on Vodafone and am coming to the end of my contract.

Talking to people in shops (CPW esp.) they suggested the Huwawei range.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:40 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Well a Huawei phone should be be cheaper on a contract with a network than either Samsung or Apple because certain phone manufacturers (i.e. not Apple or Samsung) have to offer massive discounts to get networks to stock their phones in the first instance (because they are not Samsung or Apple)

As for whether you should buy one of their phones over a Samsung phone, my anecdotal evidence is that if you wander into one of their offices anywhere in the world you see two types of phones in the hands of their staff. Huawei and Apple. You do not ever see Samsung phones. Ever.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 11-04-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:53 AM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiralyspyjamas View Post
I went with a One Plus 5T because I wanted to keep my existing SIM only deal. I think it was around £450 and came fairly quickly. Really happy with it so far. It's fast and the battery lasts ages (plus there is dash charge). The camera is decent but not as good as the one on my old Samsung but other than that I'm really happy with it.

6 is due out soon though.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:47 AM
Happy Felix Day!

If you want an Android phone and are not interested in flagship then One plus and Huawei’s Honor phones are probably what you should be looking at. You’ll save a lot of money over the flagship equivalents and still get maybe 95% of the functionality.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
I have an Honor 9 and think it's great

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 16-04-2018, 09:00 AM

upperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So I fell over on the way to the ground on Saturday and for the 1st time ever smashed my phone (s8) anyone ever had a screen repair? I didn't take the Insurance out and now just realised the cost of repair,! Any recommendations advice appreciated.
Old 16-04-2018, 09:49 AM

upperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineupperteir : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So I fell over on the way to the ground on Saturday and for the 1st time ever smashed my phone (s8) anyone ever had a screen repair? I didn't take the Insurance out and now just realised the cost of repair,! Any recommendations advice appreciated.
Old 16-04-2018, 09:51 AM

Double post sorry