Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 11-10-2018, 07:32 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well that was a breathtaking first half from Mr Hackett.
The Steppes always sends a shiver down my spine.
My wife thought Shadow..... was loud
Old 11-10-2018, 07:45 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Great first half i'm up in the royal circle and its loud even for a deaf old git like me
Old 11-10-2018, 09:14 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was also in the Royal Circle with the good & great of Prog Rock sitting in front of me including Steve Rothery

That was some concert! He was brilliant as always.

Last edited by jhc; 11-10-2018 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:19 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
Well that was a breathtaking first half from Mr Hackett.
The Steppes always sends a shiver down my spine.
My wife thought Shadow..... was loud
The steppes has certainly stood the test of time (unlike Slogans )

I would have prefered a better balance between the orchestra and the band; I found (in Ipswich) that you only heard the orchestra when they very very loud (brass etc.) or when the band were quiet (something others from earlier venues also commented on.

Now looking forward to TMB on Saturday night
Old 11-10-2018, 09:55 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Really enjoy that although I do prefer the smaller venues normally like Farnham Maltings but the Orchestra was a nice change with them and the bass pedals making a big sound. Must admit though with my poor midrange hearing Hackett occasionally was a little bit lost in the wall of sound to me at least. Musical Box again in Brighton tomorrow.

Old 15-10-2018, 09:30 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
Really enjoy that although I do prefer the smaller venues normally like Farnham Maltings but the Orchestra was a nice change with them and the bass pedals making a big sound. Must admit though with my poor midrange hearing Hackett occasionally was a little bit lost in the wall of sound to me at least.

Musical Box again in Brighton tomorrow.
I like farnham maltings as well and saw SH there a couple of years ago.

BTW, what did you think of TMB on Friday night?

I saw them in Bath and, while I enjoyed it, thought the "The Wind's Tail" was a bit of a mixed bag; I'd have preferred to hear a full version of Eleventh Earl and, say, All in a Mouses night, rather than just the instrumental sections of several songs.

However, particular highlights were hearing 'seven stones' and 'looking for someone', as I've never heard anyone perform these two songs.
Old 15-10-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
I like farnham maltings as well and saw SH there a couple of years ago.

BTW, what did you think of TMB on Friday night?

I saw them in Bath and, while I enjoyed it, thought the "The Wind's Tail" was a bit of a mixed bag; I'd have preferred to hear a full version of Eleventh Earl and, say, All in a Mouses night, rather than just the instrumental sections of several songs.

However, particular highlights were hearing 'seven stones' and 'looking for someone', as I've never heard anyone perform these two songs.
Dissapointed a certain P Gabriel didn't put on his slippers and wander down into Bath?

They were very good and enjoyed the night albeit with a not so great venue. Even accounting for it being Bright*n the Theatre Royal was a bit pokey and pricey with a bottle of bud costing 6 in the tiny bar area and it's not a place I'll be looking out for in the future.

As for the concert it was a great night although I agree with you that the W&W/Trick medley was not my thing and those songs should be heard in their entirety rather than an medley. It worked better for the 'Lamb' segment where some filler and songs like 'Grand Parade' were left out but kept entire songs and in album order. The rest of the concert was excellent and definately good to hear Looking for someone, Time Table and Seven Stones being played live. Great night out, iffy venue and hopefully won't have to wait too long for the next tour?

Old 10-11-2018, 09:10 AM

Well I did enjoy Pendragon at Venue 229 in London last night.
40th Anniversary Tour, sold out, and boy was it packed!
A set list that covered all those 40 years with a few gems, rarely played live, thrown in.
They certainly did it justice. 3 hours 15 mins with a 10 minute break in the middle
One for the fans
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM

rhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Genesis tribute band book of Genesis playing haywards heath
Jan 19th I personally know the drummer they are very good