Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 26-12-2002, 11:52 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by E.X Moontoad
He held Roy personally responsible for luring his lad away to play for Melchester and was one of the chief suspects when Roy was shot later on in the season.
Ahh yes, but can you remember who did actually shoot Roy?

Amusing to see a pic of Steve Naylor - he was ALWAYS smiling - just check your 1983 RotR annual if you don't believe me!
The One More Point book is underway....and only 12 years late. This will be a book about not just One More Point but a look at all fanzines and their impact. It will look at what it was like being a Palace fan and football fan back in the 80s/90s. If you have comments, memories or just to remind me some (most likely drunken) incident back in the day then please PM me. And if you can think of a decent title then please step right up!
Old 27-12-2002, 10:33 AM
Fading into memory.

E.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Grim Reaper
Ahh yes, but can you remember who did actually shoot Roy?

Yes, it was actor Elton Blake who was playing Roy in a drama series about the Rovers and felt that Roy had been undermining him during the filming of the series. He may even have ended up getting the sack from the producer.
I'm trying to remember the other suspects,apart from Pa Logan. There was Vic Guthrie, Rovers 'supebrat' defender who was peeved that Roy had dropped and disciplined him. Also, if I remember rightly a 'dodgy' cousin who was after some cash from Roy to fund some dubious property deal. Roy, ofcourse turned him down.
Any others?
Where I can't be seen, I don't wanna be free
Old 27-12-2002, 09:32 PM

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yes, it was actor Elton Blake who was playing Roy in a drama series about the Rovers and felt that Roy had been undermining him during the filming of the series. He may even have ended up getting the sack from the producer.
I'm trying to remember the other suspects,apart from Pa Logan. There was Vic Guthrie, Rovers 'supebrat' defender who was peeved that Roy had dropped and disciplined him. Also, if I remember rightly a 'dodgy' cousin who was after some cash from Roy to fund some dubious property deal. Roy, ofcourse turned him down.
Any others?
Oops. Without ever KNOWING the answer I've always assumed it was Melchester's No1. hooligan Trevor Brindsen. You seem to know your stuff so after 21 years I'll have to get used to the killer being Elton Blake.

The first ever time I read RotR, Vic Guthrie was being arrested on suspicion of the crime. Well dramatic and I was hooked thereafter for the next three years.

Anyone remember Melchester setting the english scoring record by winning 14-0 when they had a season in the then 2nd Division in 1982?
The One More Point book is underway....and only 12 years late. This will be a book about not just One More Point but a look at all fanzines and their impact. It will look at what it was like being a Palace fan and football fan back in the 80s/90s. If you have comments, memories or just to remind me some (most likely drunken) incident back in the day then please PM me. And if you can think of a decent title then please step right up!
Old 27-12-2002, 10:24 PM
Fading into memory.

E.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Trevor Brinsden was the one that I had forgotten about, Grim Reaper, but the would be assassin was definitely Elton Blake. I checked my copy of 'Roy Of The Rovers-The Playing Years' just to make sure.
Incidentally, that publication is a must for any ROTR fan as it covers highlights of Roy's career, via reprints from "Tiger" and ''Roy Of The Rovers'', from his very first season 1954/55 right through to the 1992/93 campaign and that fateful helicopter crash.
Think that you can order it from the ROTR website and may still be available in the Shops, just in case anyones got some Christmas money or book tokens burning a hole in their pockets!

Last edited by E.X Moontoad; 27-12-2002 at 10:26 PM.
Old 14-07-2005, 09:46 AM

I have just got hold of all my Roy of the Rovers annuals, going back as far as 1970.

Any idea if these are worth a few quid?

Anyone wanna make me an offer for them?

Any idea of a website where i can get an idea of their value?
Old 14-07-2005, 09:53 AM

Dowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found me
Blackie Gray was his buddy
Old 14-07-2005, 09:54 AM

Dowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found meDowie's Fist wasn't looking, but somehow you found me
His missus was a sort too Belinda wasnt it?!
Old 14-01-2006, 05:43 PM

kargoltastic is playing for a contract
Just in case anyone actually cares...

Who knocked Danefield out of the 1982-83 European Cup? Dortburg

Who was the half time 'motivator' for Danefield's European Cup Final in 1982? Big Daddy (I think)

Who was Danefield's England international No.10? Kevin Taylor
Old 14-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Fading into memory.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dowie's Fist
No, it was Penny.
Sadly, she was killed in a car accident

Which Spanish club did Johnny Dexter briefly play for?
Old 14-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for youBoyandy is just too good for you
It's also worth checking out the following website for that nostalgia fix.....

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 14-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Dowie's Fist
As mentioned his wife was Penny, his daughter was Melinda though.
Old 14-01-2006, 10:06 PM

kargoltastic is playing for a contract
Quote:

Which Spanish club did Johnny Dexter briefly play for?
Real Granpala.
Old 14-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Fading into memory.

Correct
Old 16-01-2006, 09:33 PM

redhilleagle is finding a place in our heartredhilleagle is finding a place in our heartredhilleagle is finding a place in our heartredhilleagle is finding a place in our heart
About two years ago I was leading a "fan revival" of ROTR. Myself and a guy from Greece were making our own online comic, starting from where the story finished in Match of the Day magazine. I was the writer, he was the artist. We did a couple of pages and were told to take the website down.

I was really angry, especially since there are millions of fan websites on Buffy, Lost, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Star wars, and almost ANYTHING else you can think of.

A few people on the ROTR message board were supporting us, and then......they take down the message board!

Very sad.

I might still have the pages we did if anyone is interested in seeing them.
Old 16-01-2006, 09:47 PM

redhilleagle is finding a place in our heartredhilleagle is finding a place in our heartredhilleagle is finding a place in our heartredhilleagle is finding a place in our heart
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Found them and thought I'd upload them anyway. It was actually 2003 we did it, can't believe it was that long ago.

Incidently, it's a longshot, but if there are any artists out there who'd like to work on an original football online comic, contact me, it's still something I'd love to do one day, I just can't draw to save my life.
Old 16-01-2006, 09:58 PM

Wow! I've just realised I did that comic AFTER this thread was started!
Old 17-01-2006, 08:57 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Is Ben Galloway still alive? He'd be 108 if he is.
Old 18-01-2006, 09:22 PM

earsham eagle is going overboard, with a capital Oearsham eagle is going overboard, with a capital Oearsham eagle is going overboard, with a capital Oearsham eagle is going overboard, with a capital Oearsham eagle is going overboard, with a capital Oearsham eagle is going overboard, with a capital Oearsham eagle is going overboard, with a capital Oearsham eagle is going overboard, with a capital Oearsham eagle is going overboard, with a capital Oearsham eagle is going overboard, with a capital Oearsham eagle is going overboard, with a capital O
Quote:
Originally posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE
Is Ben Galloway still alive? He'd be 108 if he is.
Just thinking the same thing about you,nice to see you back posting on the BBS
Old 18-01-2006, 10:07 PM

AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Been buying old annuals to try and complete my collection
Old 20-03-2013, 05:50 PM

TheInsideLeft can take a ladder to the shadows and forget TheInsideLeft can take a ladder to the shadows and forget TheInsideLeft can take a ladder to the shadows and forget TheInsideLeft can take a ladder to the shadows and forget TheInsideLeft can take a ladder to the shadows and forget TheInsideLeft can take a ladder to the shadows and forget TheInsideLeft can take a ladder to the shadows and forget TheInsideLeft can take a ladder to the shadows and forget TheInsideLeft can take a ladder to the shadows and forget TheInsideLeft can take a ladder to the shadows and forget TheInsideLeft can take a ladder to the shadows and forget
theinsideleft.com/roy-of-the-rovers

Remembering the playing career of Roy Race - a career which featured a shooting, terrorism, an earthquake and Spandau Ballet.

"A man of champagne talent but lemonade ego, Race was a player of a bygone era – successful and charismatic yet humble and rooted in reality. Few of his ilk remain, so we should celebrate the likes of Xavi Hernandez as links to the game’s past – a past rich in the charm and accessibility of working class heroes: Gordon Stewart’s safe hands; Andy Steel’s playmaking; Kevin Mouse’s spectacles. A past of Blackie Gray, Merv Wallace and Andy Styles; Jumbo Trudgeon, Johnny Dexter and Paco Diaz."